Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

As long as one answer is 'I don't care"

Ham Sandwich sounds pretty good right now

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I guess Bill Belichick sits to pee according to you, because he defers 96% of the time. I guess it's best you stay behind the keyboard and not actually on the sidelines.
The only time he has received when winning the toss is if there are weather/stadium conditions that dictate he should. It's really not debatable and it's not just about "scoring first". Once again, I'm not making it up and I didn't figure it out myself. Belichick explained why he always defers. It's so he can coach to try to have the last possession of the first half, first of second and if you can score on both you virtually always win. Look at last nights game, look at the last SB, look at pretty much every Patriot's game. It actually didn't work out at the SB because the Seahawks somehow scored a TD in like 20 seconds, but again his strategy is to defer, manage the clock in first half to score as clock running out, then drive score first drive second half and coast to a win. It doesn't always work but there is logic to it much more than "we suck on o, are cold as hell with an early game, lets take it to them. Defer, stop them with your team strength and you already have an advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.