Is there anything that can be done now?

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
By the same people saying how great our offensive line is, and how fast are skill position guys are. C'mon man, open your eyes. It's just BS spin to placate the fanbase. Did you watch the UT game? You think we are better than them? What about UGA? Even with the backup in, they were functional. Mizzo just set like an ncaa record with offense. Are we gonna waltz into columbia and beat them too? The east is bad, we are near the bottom of it. Reality my friend.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You are comparing apples and oranges.
The problem you fail to see with your argument is that you're HOPING everyone else in the east is as bad as us, instead of KNOWING we are good enough to beat anyone we line up against.
You don't judge your success by others failures.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
The problem you fail to see with your argument is that you're HOPING everyone else in the east is as bad as us, instead of KNOWING we are good enough to beat anyone we line up against.
You don't judge your success by others failures.

I absolutely agree but when the previous poster was comparing our lack of success based on the production of other teams in the opener. The same argument can be made about the east being down and why we can be successful.

I hate questioning if we can beat Kensucky however I choose to see the good and hope for some quality wins this season. Besides I've been waiting for this football season since the day after we beat Iowa and I refuse to throw in the towel after a single game. For me this is my favorite time of the year and plan to enjoy as much of it as possible.

Hopefully I survive without an ulcer.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely agree but when the previous poster was comparing our lack of success based on the production of other teams in the opener. The same argument can be made about the east being down and why we can be successful.

I hate questioning if we can beat Kensucky however I choose to see the good and hope for some quality wins this season. Besides I've been waiting for this football season since the day after we beat Iowa and I refuse to throw in the towel after a single game. For me this is my favorite time of the year and plan to enjoy as much of it as possible.

Hopefully I survive without an ulcer.
Yeah, bc looking at our inability to string together 2 first downs in a row compared to other teams that played well and scored points against quality opponents is such a flawed comparison :facepalm:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I compiled a list.

1.) THROW THE DAMN FOOTBALL
2.) SCORE POINTS
3.) REPEAT 1&2 INFINITUM.

Oct 5, 2014
I was one of the first members to say that Mac is a phony, a fake, and a fraud. I wish I had been mistaken about that.

Our problem is not so much that we do not have talented players. Four or five of them will be playing on Sundays next year. I think the problem is that we have three incompetent coaches: Mac, Nuss, and Nord. So,we have a pathetic offense, poor special teams, (except for our punter and kicker) and a bullshooter who has no idea how to prepare a team to win games. On top of that, we do not have a viable quarterback. I think Franks was definitely not ready for prime time - despite Mac's assurances to the contrary.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Yeah, bc looking at our inability to string together 2 first downs in a row compared to other teams that played well and scored points against quality opponents is such a flawed comparison :facepalm:

I don't think either are flawed it's simply a different perspective. You previously mentioned the UT game but let's not pretend that they weren't getting destroyed the first half of the game. UT had no answer for the triple option and it wasn't until the latter half that they started to come back and eventually win due to the difference in depth of talent. UGA played App State, personaly I'm waiting until they play a tougher competitor before I draw my conclusion. This weekend UGA will play with J Fromm and is facing ND which I believe should give us a better measuring stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator