It's going to be LDR!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If Zaire was unavailable to play it would probably be LDR and we then could start taking bets on how many picks he would throw with Michigan blitzing every other play.

If they try that I bet a large run will result some of the time and perhaps a dump off pass for large gains as well. Nothing like say blocking them or tricking them to stop such activities. Now LDR should not be given anything than being able to compete. Many wanted Tim to be the QB immediately, the coach being smarter declined to listen to them.

Now he can't make all the throws, makes mistakes in reads, and has other issues according to me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If Butters wasnt able to see LDR was hurt, he should be disqualified from coaching. The kid was limping around with ice on his shoulder after the games. I appreciate that he is trying to deflect for Butters though.

Butters just WASNT (and isnt) changing just like Mushchump wasnt changing.

I'm not totally dismissing your take on things, as I don't have sufficient evidence to refute it. But what I think makes this a different situation is the Zaire transfer. It's been stated numerous times that he didn't leave ND and come here just to hold a clipboard, nor do I think he'll be content with some situational role. If we have a competent, proven QB that can potentially ignite our offense, and he's just sitting there as we trot out LDR, it's game over for Mac. He'll lose and shred of credibility and equity that he's earned. I don't disagree that he's stubborn. But that would be career suicide, especially with the publicity Zaire's "commitment" received. I don't think he's willing to throw that towel in.

I do agree that he should've been benched in the Ark game. But I think it was less about them not recognizing the injury, and more about LDR selling them on the notion that he was still ok to play, which was selfish on his part. Either way, we weren't beating Ark with that gameplan and sloppy defensive play. The arrogance still frustrates me though.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
82fbbmMcElwainJim.jpg

When Jim McElwain looks in the mirror he sees Luke Del Rio.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
every QB is "in the plans" you know that right? :lol:

Seriously, what do you guys expect him to say?

I expect him to say nothing. Nobody asked him about Del Rio. I didn't hear him offer up anything about Trask. Or Allen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not totally dismissing your take on things
Dont get me wrong, I think it will probably be Zaire if not LDR. If it is LDR, Zaire will have packages regardless, then Zaire will take over.

I just think the people who think that ldr will never be seen again on the field are delusional.

As for Butters credibility I suspect he believes that he has done a great job and that 99% of Gators support him.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:lalala:
At least half of LDRs 'highlight' passes were thrown late or underthrown (or both). I do not want to see this guy take another snap at UF. I was calling for Appleby early last year - I don't want to be yelling at the TV again this year asking for LDRs replacement. :gah:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At least half of LDRs 'highlight' passes were thrown late or underthrown (or both). I do not want to see this guy take another snap at UF. I was calling for Appleby early last year - I don't want to be yelling at the TV again this year asking for LDRs replacement. :gah:

I full agree. If we're gonna march a QB out there that's going to throw late and behind often, I'd rather it at least be a QB that can throw it far enough so that only our WRs have a chance to run under it. No more late + behind + 20 yards too short please!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not totally dismissing your take on things, as I don't have sufficient evidence to refute it. But what I think makes this a different situation is the Zaire transfer. It's been stated numerous times that he didn't leave ND and come here just to hold a clipboard, nor do I think he'll be content with some situational role. If we have a competent, proven QB that can potentially ignite our offense, and he's just sitting there as we trot out LDR, it's game over for Mac. He'll lose and shred of credibility and equity that he's earned. I don't disagree that he's stubborn. But that would be career suicide, especially with the publicity Zaire's "commitment" received. I don't think he's willing to throw that towel in.

I do agree that he should've been benched in the Ark game. But I think it was less about them not recognizing the injury, and more about LDR selling them on the notion that he was still ok to play, which was selfish on his part. Either way, we weren't beating Ark with that gameplan and sloppy defensive play. The arrogance still frustrates me though.

I agree with this. Furthermore, is seems to me that even if LDR does take a large or starting role, he'll be broken a few games in and we'll get the rest of the season without him. He was dismantled last year and he won't play injured again.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Granted, he's no Danny or Rex, but he's serviceable. What's his record vs the other 3 QBs? He got great experience last year. We may need it. I'm glad we have him.

With that said, I would prefer that either the ND guy and/or Lurch significantly separate themselves over the next 4 weeks. If that happens, then, barring injuries, Del Rio will probably never see the field again. However, if neither of those guys truly separates themselves, and if Del Rio is physically capable, I would like to see the experienced starter at UF start the game (doesn't mean finish it... just start). Seems the safest bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator