It's time to start one of the freshman quarterbacks

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
At this point, no. No quarterback change. Appleby preformed better than expected. It wasn't his fault that Tennessee made adjustments and our coaching staff couldn't figure out a solution. Our defense went full retard and couldn't back up the smack talk in the second quarter. People are jumping off the ship, and I say let them. It's one loss. We weren't going to sustain a long winning streak against Tennessee forever. It was bound to happen. Is it frustrating it happened this way after leading 21-3? Absolutely. Do we need to throw the season away after one game? No. Appleby will be great at vandy then Luke is back for LSU. If things don't improve and we sustain more losses, then play one of the freshman if their ready to develop them for the future.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Put in Trask. We need to develop a QB here, just like we did with Leak back in the day. Dude went 6-3 that first year and ended with an NC. Putting transfers in there to manage a game is stupid. Georgia will have a beast in there, count on it. We better make some changes around here or we're in deep.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As usual, kepler is the best poster on the board.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The more I think about it, I'm okay going with Appleby or LDR unless we get to 2-3 losses. At that point I think we start looking toward our future

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Sitting here watching Muschamp winning with a freshman QB and about to move ahead of us in the East standings. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sitting here watching Muschamp winning with a freshman QB and about to move ahead of us in the East standings. :lol:
Wait until he marches into the Swamp and beats us. You think you saw a meltdown today? :facepalm:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Put in Trask. We need to develop a QB here, just like we did with Leak back in the day. Dude went 6-3 that first year and ended with an NC. Putting transfers in there to manage a game is stupid. Georgia will have a beast in there, count on it. We better make some changes around here or we're in deep.

If you want to develop a qb then play the guy who actually has a high ceiling; here's a hint, it's the not the guy who took third string reps all week.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If you want to develop a qb then play the guy who actually has a high ceiling; here's a hint, it's the not the guy who took third string reps all week.

How would we know, we're busy watching our transfer go three and out for an hour.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
How did WE do today with a 10th year senior? Georgia is going to see major benefits next year by playing the freshman this year.

All week long you were one of the loudest critics of Appleby. Even now, using phrases such as "10th year senior". You were wrong about Appleby this past week and your wrong now. Instead of trashing him, give the man props for going into Knoxville and leading us to 28 points and only one IT. That should have been enough.

And I for one, do not want the Gators turning into "next year".

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All week long you were one of the loudest critics of Appleby. Even now, using phrases such as "10th year senior". You were wrong about Appleby this past week and your wrong now. Instead of trashing him, give the man props for going into Knoxville and leading us to 28 points and only one IT. That should have been enough.

And I for one, do not want the Gators turning into "next year".
Where the eff did I trash him in this thread? I've already said he played far better than I expected. The fact is, he's one and done and not part of our future. And it's all moot anyway since he's going to get benched the moment Del Rio is ready, which could be next week for God's sake.

Regardless of what you want, we ARE a "wait til next year" team and have been since Tebow left. It's reality. Blame lousy coaching hires.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Where the eff did I trash him in this thread? I've already said he played far better than I expected. The fact is, he's one and done and not part of our future. And it's all moot anyway since he's going to get benched the moment Del Rio is ready, which could be next week for God's sake.

Regardless of what you want, we ARE a "wait til next year" team and have been since Tebow left. It's reality. Blame lousy coaching hires.

1. "10th year senior" is trashing?
2. I like him better than Del Rio. He gives us elements that Del Rio doesn't. Mobility and the deep ball.
3. If you think we are a "wait till next year", stop calling for freshmen to start and start calling for firing the coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator