Jacoby Brissett into the game for the Patriots - gets injured

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was 24-3 New England when Brissett came in just before halftime. Brissett led them right down the field, coming out of halftime, NE scored a TD. After that, NE allowed 21 TDs in the second half.

So, you could blame it on Brissett but he was 6-9 for 92 yards. The Defense slacked off the entire 2nd half. But don't let that get you off of Muschump's knob.

As much as "STFU" seems like the right answer, I'll repeat... He was playing QB while him team almost lost the game so he almost lost the game. Can you get your head out of your azz long enough to "get' that. In addition, that means more, I said the defense and kicker, who missed a very makable FG with 2 min to go, were the reasons they almost lost.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think NE will be looking at a loss coming up with that Texans defense and Brady being out still.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Belichick is an arrogant one. They are playing the Texans with that defense this week and he is going to have Julian Edelman as the backup QB and not sign anyone else to be available if Brissett goes down. Crazy stuff.

Yes he is...but this isn't a bad move. They have a short week. So you get a QB in on Monday and he's ready on Thursday? Edelman has been there 5+ years, he knows the offense. And honestly, the Pats were hoping for 2-2 during Brady's suspension. They already go the 2 wins. So now they get to see what Brissett can do and if he performs well they have even more trade bait (they can trade either QB and get more than they invested, which is typical NE). It's actually genius.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes he is...but this isn't a bad move. They have a short week. So you get a QB in on Monday and he's ready on Thursday? Edelman has been there 5+ years, he knows the offense. And honestly, the Pats were hoping for 2-2 during Brady's suspension. They already go the 2 wins. So now they get to see what Brissett can do and if he performs well they have even more trade bait (they can trade either QB and get more than they invested, which is typical NE). It's actually genius.

Exactly, you get a quarterback at the earliest Sunday night, Monday is a travel/rest day, you might have one or two days of live practice until Thursday night. This is no different than went Tyler Murphy (WR) for the Steelers was the backup last season. You don't have enough time to prepare someone, Edelman knows the system and has played some qb.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As much as "STFU" seems like the right answer, I'll repeat... He was playing QB while him team almost lost the game so he almost lost the game. Can you get your head out of your azz long enough to "get' that. In addition, that means more, I said the defense and kicker, who missed a very makable FG with 2 min to go, were the reasons they almost lost.
Nice try. He didn't "almost lose the game for them" their coaching and play calling did.

Here was your quote I specifically answered for you and your ignorance:
How many scores did he lead them to?
As noted above he went 6-9 and led them right down the field for a TD out of halftime. At that point they were up 31-3 and the coaches/defense let off the gas.

So feel free and drink your own glass of STFU.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nice try. He didn't "almost lose the game for them" their coaching and play calling did.

Here was your quote I specifically answered for you and your ignorance:
As noted above he went 6-9 and led them right down the field for a TD out of halftime. At that point they were up 31-3 and the coaches/defense let off the gas.

So feel free and drink your own glass of STFU.

Plus he led them downfield for an easy NFL kicker FG attempt that was missed.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was 24-3 New England when Brissett came in just before halftime. Brissett led them right down the field, coming out of halftime, NE scored a TD. After that, NE allowed 21 TDs in the second half.

So, you could blame it on Brissett but he was 6-9 for 92 yards. The Defense slacked off the entire 2nd half. But don't let that get you off of Muschump's knob.

Damn! New England allowed 21 touchdowns in the second half? That's terrible. That's at least 126 points.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn! New England allowed 21 touchdowns in the second half? That's terrible. That's at least 126 points.

it's the dolphins they would find a way to make 21 touchdowns equal 21 points.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I feel bad for Brissett tonight having to make his first NFL start as a rookie against that pass rush. He better hope Gronk can play or it might be a long night for sure.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Pats are dogs at home, I bet you can count on one hand how many times that has happened over the past 8 years. Wonder if Brissett has anything to do with that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pats are dogs at home, I bet you can count on one hand how many times that has happened over the past 8 years. Wonder if Brissett has anything to do with that.

I don't think it is as much as Brissett starting as it is Brady not playing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Brissett is playing well. 4-6 plus 3 carries for 43 yards and a TD (29 yd run)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not Chimp's fault. Being a Fvkktardian himself, he was obviously most likely to be attracted to a fellow Fvkktardian.

In before someone says Brissett nearly lost the game.

That game may be the highlight of his career though.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Brissett looked good in the limited role Mcdaniels created for him. Belichick is a f ing genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.