Jacoby Brissett into the game for the Patriots - gets injured

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The chimp is the genius. Not good enough to play for him, now he's the Patriots QB and kicking azz on pro teams. Congratulations USCe! The brainchild is now your responsibility!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The chimp is the genius. Not good enough to play for him, now he's the Patriots QB and kicking azz on pro teams. Congratulations USCe! The brainchild is now your responsibility!

You really have to wonder what the F the Chump was doing here with the talent he had at QB.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Brissett looked good in the limited role Mcdaniels created for him. Belichick is a f ing genius.

Belicheck might be the best coach ever. This does make you wonder... Is Tom Brady a system quarterback?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Because we switch to a spread offense, Brissett was better in a pro offense. He was a better fit for Weis's offense than Peases. He looked decent for a Freshman in Weis's offense. Looked like garbage in Pease's run heavy offense. He wasn't a good fit for the offense. He did what was best for him and his skill set and went to a school that ran a pro-style.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
In four games vs the Patriots, JJ Watt has zero sacks. That's an interesting statistic.

As for Brady being a system QB, I think no more so than someone like Bob Griese or other guys who've been successful in the same system with the same coach. The Dolphins went to a Super Bowl with Earl Morrall as QB when Griese suffered a broken ankle one year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You really have to wonder what the F the Chump was doing here with the talent he had at QB.

Does that make it 4 players we have had at QB under Muschamp who have taken a regular season snap?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because we switch to a spread offense, Brissett was better in a pro offense. He was a better fit for Weis's offense than Peases. He looked decent for a Freshman in Weis's offense. Looked like garbage in Pease's run heavy offense. He wasn't a good fit for the offense. He did what was best for him and his skill set and went to a school that ran a pro-style.
I think that the nc state offense was the same as the one Jordan lynch played in. I think that coach came from northern Illinois.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does that make it 4 players we have had at QB under Muschamp who have taken a regular season snap?
Who? Tyler Murphy has had a few snaps, but at receiver as far as I know. Reed and Burton, same deal.

I think Brissett is the only QB who has played QB in the NFL.

Am I missing someone?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who? Tyler Murphy has had a few snaps, but at receiver as far as I know. Reed and Burton, same deal.

I think Brissett is the only QB who has played QB in the NFL.

Am I missing someone?

Murphy I know has taken qb snaps for the Steelers when they had just the backup, but it could have been a special play... he hasn't officially made any passes. I don't know about Burton, but I think Reed also was a qb in a formation for the Deadskins but could be wrong on that one.

Brantley didn't make a regular season roster, and Driskel is practice squad or emergency qb for the Bengals. Matt Jones took a wild cat snap but that doesn't count.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let's pump the brakes a little bit, guys. Brissett had 103 passing yards with no TD's and a long TD run on a beautifully designed play. It's not like he lit the Texans on fire and threw them over a cliff. Two of the touchdowns were the direct results of fumbles on kick returns. He managed the game nicely, but handed the ball off almost exclusively.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's pump the brakes a little bit, guys. Brissett had 103 passing yards with no TD's and a long TD run on a beautifully designed play. It's not like he lit the Texans on fire and threw them over a cliff. Two of the touchdowns were the direct results of fumbles on kick returns. He managed the game nicely, but handed the ball off almost exclusively.

I think that fact that Belichick had him run the option when he had the slowest 40 time during the combine for QBs and never ran the option in college was brilliant. The Texans were not prepared for that at all (and why would they be) so it caught them completely off guard. What an amazing coaching move. He is the best in football and possibly the best ever.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

No one is saying he is great, just that he managed to do what was asked of him. Which wasn't much. N.E. has the best coaching staff in the NFL, and in my opinion coaching matters in the NFL more than any other professional sport.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Belicheck might be the best coach ever. This does make you wonder... Is Tom Brady a system quarterback?
This was a topic of discussion the other day. Helix heck has drafted something like 8 or 9 QBs. If his system was just perfect for any QB then why haven't others been as successful? Why didn't it work in Cleveland?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was a topic of discussion the other day. Helix heck has drafted something like 8 or 9 QBs. If his system was just perfect for any QB then why haven't others been as successful? Why didn't it work in Cleveland?

Are you referring to the 1993 Cleveland Browns, which were a cluster**** or the current Cleveland Browns which are a worse cluster****.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see how poised he was in the pocket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator