Jake Allen couldn't wait to get away from Harbaugh

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like his fire and what he's done as coach at Michigan, but he's no Gator.
Unless I'm mistaken, he's 3-3 against main rivals (OSU, MSU, ND), 1-1 in bowl games, and has zero conference championships. Same as Mac for like twice the salary.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah cause we frequently call people cucks, snowflakes, butthurt, shills, betas, etc. :rolleyes3:

No... usually just stick with gems like Nazi, racist, bigot and homophobe...

I was just kidding anyway 'Sas... Sorry to hit a nerve...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised no one mentioned this quote from the article:

Q: How much negative recruiting was out there?

A: “I got it from the Florida fan base, you know, ‘Jake is never going to play here.’ Fortunately I have thick skin and I know those fans are just a small minority, but not every recruit realizes that and some fans could turn them away.”

This is very, very interesting...

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Unless I'm mistaken, he's 3-3 against main rivals (OSU, MSU, ND), 1-1 in bowl games, and has zero conference championships. Same as Mac for like twice the salary.
No argument there. obviously. However, he's pushed the envelope for his program, shook things up a little throughout NCAA football, and had Michigan football constantly in the news last season. I think he drew more recruits to his program in doing so, although I'm with Jake Allen re: this article. He landed three 5*s, including the consensus(?) #1. As someone else on this thread said, we'll see how he does this season after losing 20 starters.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Q: How much negative recruiting was out there?

A: “I got it from the Florida fan base, you know, ‘Jake is never going to play here.’ Fortunately I have thick skin and I know those fans are just a small minority, but not every recruit realizes that and some fans could turn them away.”

One could also say he survived such negativity due to a thick head, as opposed to thick skin. Just sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator