Jake Allen couldn't wait to get away from Harbaugh

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Between Harbaugh and Mac? In a vacuum, Harbaugh. I don't think he would fit well or sit well with Gator Nation, though.
Mac doesn't sit well either. Honestly, no one really has since SOS.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He lost 20 starters, and still do you have any confidence that Mac can beat him?

Uhhhh, more confidence than we he had those 20. I don't think there was any type of prediction in my post.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Mac doesn't sit well either. Honestly, no one really has since SOS.
SOS really is The Ultimate Football Gator. He made it hard for everyone who follows him. I'm intrigued by Scott Frost. If he does well at UCF over the next year or two, and Mac doesn't here, I'm thinking he may be a guy for us to snatch up. Anyone you're interested in?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
SOS really is The Ultimate Football Gator. He made it hard for everyone who follows him. I'm intrigued by Scott Frost. If he does well at UCF over the next year or two, and Mac doesn't here, I'm thinking he may be a guy for us to snatch up. Anyone you're interested in?
The only ones I would truly want ain't coming here. Out of who we could get, I would like to see Fedora or Herman.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
The only ones I would truly want ain't coming here. Out of who we could get, I would like to see Fedora or Herman.
I wasn't specific enough; I was asking about those guys who might be available. I expect Herman to seize his opportunity at Texas, and Fedora seems to doing pretty well at UNC. I think the pickings are and will be pretty slim. We may not have any choices better than Mac in the foreseeable future. I really hope he pulls it together this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't specific enough; I was asking about those guys who might be available. I expect Herman to seize his opportunity at Texas, and Fedora seems to doing pretty well at UNC. I think the pickings are and will be pretty slim. We may not have any choices better than Mac in the foreseeable future. I really hope he pulls it together this year.
We could get Fedora. Whoever our next hire is, needs to be the right hire!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Great article!

“It was weird walking out there. I knew no one except Coach Pimp,” Jake says. “But I knew if I wanted to become somebody, I couldn’t keep facing these wimpy Boca Raton kids. They’re playing because their parents signed them up.

“The difference in Deerfield Beach was that these guys live and breathe football. I wanted to be surrounded by people who really want to be there because they would push me to the edge.”

I love this kid! I hope he makes it onto the field quickly.

Last edited:

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Negative recruiting is usually when one schools coaches (or representatives) are talking negatively about another school which is competing against them for a particular athlete. (You know... the old, "Don't go to UF because they're racists" type of stuff that we hear fsu does against us.)

In this case, Allen is saying the most negative recruiting he got was from within... the fan base... which in this case serves as a representative of the institution. He also said that may result in an athlete choosing to go to another school. Hence, negative recruiting against one's self...

I know, I know if they don't have thicker skin, we didn't want them anyway...

Exactly! So when he was asked about negative recruiting he mentions this. Just odd I thought.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, it's not like anyone was trying to steal him from us.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Come on law, kresser explained in the article why Jake was lightly recruited

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. He was lightly recruited because the recruiters saw his video. It's the same reason he went from a 4+ star to a low 3 star.

I wouldnt mind adding Kresser to the staff. Or anyone other than Nusschamp.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Between Harbaugh and Mac? In a vacuum, Harbaugh. I don't think he would fit well or sit well with Gator Nation, though.
He would sit a hell of alot better than mac though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator