Jake Allen couldn't wait to get away from Harbaugh

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Unless I'm mistaken, he's 3-3 against main rivals (OSU, MSU, ND), 1-1 in bowl games, and has zero conference championships. Same as Mac for like twice the salary.
I guess you're forgetting he took over a worse mess than Mac and also beat the snot out of him in their bowl game match up.... Not shocking though when you consider Mac hasn't beat a decent coach or team since being here..0-2 Saban, 0-1 Miles, 0-2 Fisher, 0-1 JH and lets not forget 0-1 against Bert,....He's all tied up with B!tch though, 1-1 :trump:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
No argument there. obviously. However, he's pushed the envelope for his program, shook things up a little throughout NCAA football, and had Michigan football constantly in the news last season. I think he drew more recruits to his program in doing so, although I'm with Jake Allen re: this article. He landed three 5*s, including the consensus(?) #1. As someone else on this thread said, we'll see how he does this season after losing 20 starters.

Yeah we will see, but I'm still thinking he'll win his 1st game.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I guess you're forgetting he took over a worse mess than Mac and also beat the snot out of him in their bowl game match up.... Not shocking though when you consider Mac hasn't beat a decent coach or team since being here..0-2 Saban, 0-1 Miles, 0-2 Fisher, 0-1 JH and lets not forget 0-1 against Bert,....He's all tied up with B!tch though, 1-1 :trump:

He's 1-0 against Champ though.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
One more time with the Mac / Harbaugh comparisons....

HARB - Finished #10 10-4 (losses @IOWA 14-13 :loser:, @#2tOSU, and bowl game to #11FSU 33-32), didn't even make B1G CG
MAC - Finished #14 9-4 (losses @#14TN, @ARK, @#14FSU 31-13, and #1AL in SECCG), beat IOWA 30-3 btw

HARB - Finished #12 10-3 (losses @UTAH, #7MichSt, #8tOSU), didn't even make B1G CG, beat FL in bowl :eek3:
MAC - Finished #25 9-4 (losses @#6LSU, @#13FSU, #2AL in SECCG, and #14MICH in bowl)

First 2 years, not a lot of difference, IMO other than us ending Mac's first year barely ranked whereas HARB has been top 15 both years. FL has made it's conference championship both years - and while we got our asses kicked both times, we at least made it whereas MICH hasn't yet. Common opponents says MICH hung with FSU better than us (both played near end of season), but that we smoked IOWA late and they lost a close early game @Iowa.

========

For those that want to point to MICH's recruiting classes:
2017 (Total size / 5* / 4* / 3* per rivals.com)
HARB - #4 (30 / 3 / 16 / 9)
MAC - #9 (23 / 0 / 15 / 7)

HARB - #4 (29 / 1 / 15 / 13)
MAC - #14 (25 / 1 / 9 / 13)

HARB - #51 (14 / - / 6 / 6)
MAC - #23 (21 / 2 / 5 / 11)

People on here btched about Mac finishing #23 in his first year and how Harbaugh is better but don't acknowledge Harbaugh's first class was outside the top 50. Yeah, MICH has pulled in better classes the last two years. And, MICH has shown a shift from 3* to 5* recruits that isn't showing up as well for FL. But some of the same voices that point to recruits acknowledge it's less about class potential and more about what you show me on the field (as noted above in 2015 and 2016 seasons). I have to give a shout out to those (law) that say we aren't using up our available slots in each class if I see us getting 21-25 kids while MICH is hauling in 29 and 30 in the last two classes. They are showing better talent potential, and more volume to cover bad evaluations in each class.

This season's opening game should be very telling about each coach - what they can recruit to build their program to their style, with their kids. My head says HARB will be a better gameday coach, that he'll get more out of the players he has recruited, and he'll have a more talented and deeper bench come gameday. My heart says FL will surprise and finally start to click on offense without a noticeable drop on defense. My gut says we lose 28-24.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm surprised no one mentioned this quote from the article:

This is very, very interesting...

To me, negative recruiting would come from a school's recruiter preventing a recruit from choosing another school. Allen's response sounds like the negative recruiting came from the same school.

Did anyone else read it the same way?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
It is not unusual for uber successful coaches to be disliked particularly outside their own constituency. Meyer and Saban and generally disliked universally and even Spurrier was disliked when at UF. (Remember, the "Evil Genius" label?) Harbaugh seems to be cut much in the same cloth as Saban: push and bend the rules as far as you can and win at all costs regardless of who or what you trample in the process. Fans of those schools, of course, love their results and don't give a damn that their coaches are egotistical miscreants.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
It is not unusual for uber successful coaches to be disliked particularly outside their own constituency. Meyer and Saban and generally disliked universally and even Spurrier was disliked when at UF. (Remember, the "Evil Genius" label?) Harbaugh seems to be cut much in the same cloth as Saban: push and bend the rules as far as you can and win at all costs regardless of who or what you trample in the process. Fans of those schools, of course, love their results and don't give a damn that their coaches are egotistical miscreants.
Exactly. The "He may be an a**hole, but he's our a**hole" mentality.

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To me, negative recruiting would come from a school's recruiter preventing a recruit from choosing another school. Allen's response sounds like the negative recruiting came from the same school.

Did anyone else read it the same way?
Negative recruiting is usually when one schools coaches (or representatives) are talking negatively about another school which is competing against them for a particular athlete. (You know... the old, "Don't go to UF because they're racists" type of stuff that we hear fsu does against us.)

In this case, Allen is saying the most negative recruiting he got was from within... the fan base... which in this case serves as a representative of the institution. He also said that may result in an athlete choosing to go to another school. Hence, negative recruiting against one's self...

I know, I know if they don't have thicker skin, we didn't want them anyway...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Negative recruiting is usually when one schools coaches (or representatives) are talking negatively about another school which is competing against them for a particular athlete. (You know... the old, "Don't go to UF because they're racists" type of stuff that we hear fsu does against us.)

In this case, Allen is saying the most negative recruiting he got was from within... the fan base... which in this case serves as a representative of the institution. He also said that may result in an athlete choosing to go to another school. Hence, negative recruiting against one's self...

I know, I know if they don't have thicker skin, we didn't want them anyway...

And I would venture he's talking about either Instagram or Twitter. Almost all the message boards are the same or very similar. Twitter? That's a whole different ballgame. I would be interested to see if that's what he was talking about. I know some people would love to infer that it the boards but I guarantee you it's not.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So you're saying you're a pussy?

I'm saying I'm a boob...or a tit. Neither of which was a wise choice of wording on my part.

Keep it on topic guys.

Oh, FFS. BOOOOOOooooo, Harbaugh sucks. YAAAaayyyyyyyy, Allen will save us. If we can get Allen's dad to become a minister, Allen will be guaranteed a Heisman at Florida.

Better?

And I would venture he's talking about either Instagram or Twitter. Almost all the message boards are the same or very similar. Twitter? That's a whole different ballgame. I would be interested to see if that's what he was talking about. I know some people would love to infer that it the boards but I guarantee you it's not.

You assert he doesn't read this board. And yet, we have proof that Trask(jaymumble) is on here daily. Why wouldn't Allen read here and plan to participate as a member soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator