Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris suspended for Tennessee

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n284401 said:
"THEY'RE NOT SUSPENSIONS" That's pretty clear. Assuming the twitter dude is quoting Mac directly. I'm not a legal expert but it sounds clear to me regardless of what comes after the comma. We will find out for sure in a few days (or hours) but if they turn out to be suspensions then Mac got some 'splainin' to do.
He's just playing with words. He's saying they made a choice to do something they shouldn't, therefore they made a choice not to be able to play this week. They are suspensions for failed tests according to everyone else.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n284380 said:
Thanks. I think you're right and I'm wrong. That's the dude who is at the U, right?

Yeah...his name escapes me.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
This is probably a blessing in disguise. This whole "competition" has dragged on too long and now we know who the starter is for the rest of the year. Treon has officially smoked himself out of the starting spot.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n284367 said:
Uh...
@_31Flavorz: All Media Is Good Media❗️

You've got to be effing kidding me...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n284371 said:
I agree completely that it's disappointing they can't put it aside despite knowing it could impact themselves and their teammates. But it doesn't make me want to see them made example of or tossed from the team just to play somewhere else. Thug behavior like hitting a woman, robbery, even DUI and I'm all for zero tolerance, you're gone. But I just can't get that riled up over college students smoking a J. Maybe we should stop testing for it. We don't test academic scholarship recipients.

We don't yank football scholarships for making C's either. Different situations, different rules. The wouldn't be at UF if not for football. Academic recipients could get in regardless. If you ever get to talk to a National Merit Scholar, you'll see how heavily recruited they are, it'll surprise you.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorTAG;n284397 said:
Not to mention the wasted money for their scholarships that could have gone to someone that actually wants an education.
If smoking weed meant a student didn't want or couldn't get an education, our graduation classes would be about the same size of Rollins College's. Put the pitchforks away folks. All we know is one player failed his drug-test and it's being reported another refused his. He seems to contend that how it's being reported isn't accurate, so he made an angry tweet which he later removed. Since I've followed UF Football we've had players smoking weed, and college kids do stupid crap on social media.

Seriously, you guys need to get over your indignant selves. Mac says he's not angry and is ready to welcome them back. I'm sure glad he's the one in charge.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n284399 said:
Not sure how smoking pot makes him a thug. But if he did tweet that, he needs to be suspended for a few weeks.

I'd agree. The reality is a large majority of these kids smoke. Some of our best teams have had these issues with some of our best players. Unfortunately, part of the deal. Neither kid should be sent packing, but both should be given fair warning that they are now on thin ice moving forward. As I said, I think this bodes worse for TH than Tabor because of the leadership element of the QB position. You just can't keep making these types of decisions and showing this type of attitude.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He also retweeted a comment about should have gone to Maryland. Idiot

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Be a man, step up and take the test and fail it. Or are their other drugs you don't want NFL scouts to know about?

Door.....ass.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n284430 said:
He also retweeted a comment about should have gone to Maryland. Idiot

I'm telling ya, if I was a HC, I would ban all forms of social media. Nothing good comes from our youth being able to send out their every thought/action with no hesitation. Nothing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These damn weed suspensions are getting ridiculous for something that should probably be legal. I guess you have to blame the players some for not being slick enough to beat the testing system knowing they are going to be tested but its crazy. I bet 80% of these players smoke at some point during the year. The amount is probably almost as high as players drinking under 21.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
soflagator;n284429 said:
I'd agree. The reality is a large majority of these kids smoke. Some of our best teams have had these issues with some of our best players. Unfortunately, part of the deal. Neither kid should be sent packing, but both should be given fair warning that they are now on thin ice moving forward. As I said, I think this bodes worse for TH than Tabor because of the leadership element of the QB position. You just can't keep making these types of decisions and showing this type of attitude.

I agree with this overall, but they know the rules and went around them. the rest of the student body gets punished for drug violations, so should these guys, especially considering the massive amount of infrastructure and support the university dedicates to their athletic and academic success. Mac has to apply some sort of punishment.

and if Tabor is now whining he should have gone to Maryland, well, go.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Yep mjm... Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays