JUCO DL Javier Edwards is a Gator

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
At least quote me properly. My main gripe with the staff is they take too many 3 stars. We added two more. Awesome! FSU and Bama take 4 and 5's and UF is home of the three star!

If you are going to complain about me at least have the decency to complain about the right thing.
The shyt all starts running together after awhile when you keep repeating it time and time again.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Says he will graduate in December, which is very good news. It is possible that he buckled down and solved his academic problems, but it is a little strange.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Watched his film, he knows how to fill his gap and collapse a pocket. Better athlete then I figured he'd be for his size. Welcome to Gainesville :chomp:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
At least quote me properly. My main gripe with the staff is they take too many 3 stars. We added two more. Awesome! FSU and Bama take 4 and 5's and UF is home of the three star!

If you are going to complain about me at least have the decency to complain about the right thing.
Thought you wanted a plan B?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
First, we aren't going to have 19 scholarships available. There will be many kids seeking opportunities elsewhere very soon.

Next, we havent recruited a DT in the last two years and we need about 3 a class, so I'd take 9 or so.

We won't though. We will try to take probably 4 or 5. I'll bet we are still looking for another JUCO or two.

I initially thought we'd only take 1 JUCO DT, just because they are so hard to find - the good one's are recruited by everyone (Bama, FSU, LSU, etc). This kid was not on the radar of the sites that cover UF football (I never saw his name mentioned in regards to UF). Agree w/ you that we're still going after some of the higher rated JUCO DL's. I also agree w/ you that we'll start seeing this kid w/ offers from bigger schools very soon.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't you take plan B's in January not so early in the cycle? Are our plan A's already out of it?

TR, that's usually how a "Plan B" works...but we could be using the Saban approach where you take a commitment now....and if a better option arises you "part ways" w/ the lower ranked recruit. I know it's a little "unethical", but that's how Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Miles, etc end up w/ the top ranked classes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't you take plan B's in January not so early in the cycle? Are our plan A's already out of it?
This is more like plan D, because we screwed up plans A, B, and C the last two years. It won't affect this year's recruiting of plan A, B, or C bc we he is an EE and arriving as an upperclassman.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is rex being serious?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How can anybody not love this pick up?

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Just STFU. You really add nothing. You don't know shyt about football and all you do is bytch.

We will be fighting people off these DTs in weeks.
It's about time you posted something worthwhile. Kudos on a job well done!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Thought you wanted a plan B?

Apparently, you were right. He is a plan B. Read some chatter elsewhere that we are having trouble gaining traction with some of the top DTs on our board.

Also I noticed this...I know how big of a fan Law is of Geoff Collins...

"Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins offered him in high school when he coached at Mississippi State."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator