Julian Edelman was more concussed than Janay Rice

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Fact!

The game turned when Cliff Avril was removed from the game for a concussion and the Seahawks pass rush disappeared, and Brady carved up the Legion of Doom.

Conversely, Julian Edelman, clearly concussed, never even gets checked out & stays in & catches the winning TD pass. And oh by the way, he referred to Seattle as "St. Louis" in the postgame press conference.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n165761 said:
You mad that the Patriots won?

I was pulling for Seattle, but not hard. Not he way I root against the Noles or anything. But what I wrote in my OP is accurate & I am surprised that stupid deflated footballs got a million times more media play than this. I think the NFL put the muzzle on ESPN.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165772 said:
I was pulling for Seattle, but not hard. Not he way I root against the Noles or anything. But what I wrote in my OP is accurate & I am surprised that stupid deflated footballs got a million times more media play than this. I think the NFL put the muzzle on ESPN.

Edelman played great even after his so called "concussion".

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It appeared to me that Carrol was the one who needed to get his head checked. :dunno:

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n165773 said:
Edelman played great even after his so called "concussion".

There is zero doubt that NFL protocol requires him to be taken to the locker room for evaluation. Seattle was given a disadvantage with Avril, New England was allowed to skate. Did I mention he called Seattle "St Louis"????

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165778 said:
There is zero doubt that NFL protocol requires him to be taken to the locker room for evaluation. Seattle was given a disadvantage with Avril, New England was allowed to skate. Did I mention he called Seattle "St Louis"????

I have heard plenty of people misspeak without ever taking a blow to the head. It happens, it doesn't prove that he was concussed.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
he was woozy/wobbly after he got up and was glass eyed. He was concussed. Dunder is right

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
76272e319bcc30c9ffbf539765ac627a560e7ea81e94059e31df954f9a04bb35.jpg

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n165785 said:
he was woozy/wobbly after he got up and was glass eyed. He was concussed. Dunder is right

Sorry your seachickens lost.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
WobbleGator;n165790 said:
Sorry your seachickens lost.
I dont care either way, but it was obvious edelman sustained head trauma and showed some signs of concussion.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n165797 said:
I dont care either way, but it was obvious edelman sustained head trauma and showed some signs of concussion.

Yep, that great double move he put on the defender to make himself wide open for the game winning TD catch sure showed that he was concussed. :rolleyes:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
WobbleGator;n165800 said:
Yep, that great double move he put on the defender to make himself wide open for the game winning TD catch sure showed that he was concussed. :rolleyes:
physical performance usually has no relevance to whether he was concussed. Plenty of people continue playing at normal levels of performance after sustaining a concussion. Based on my observations after the hit of him being woozy/wobbly initially and the glassy eyed look, it appeared he had signs of a concussion. Just because he may have shook off the initial cobwebs doesnt mean he didnt have one. I am now done with this conversation

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n165810 said:
physical performance usually has no relevance to whether he was concussed. Plenty of people continue playing at normal levels of performance after sustaining a concussion. Based on my observations after the hit of him being woozy/wobbly initially and the glassy eyed look, it appeared he had signs of a concussion. Just because he may have shook off the initial cobwebs doesnt mean he didnt have one. I am now done with this conversation

So physical performance has no relevance on whether he was concussed but you are using physical performance to say he was concussed? That makes sense.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n165800 said:

Sometimes you're an idiot just for idiot's sake. Did you see Avril walking off the field? He looked 100% healthy and he did have a concussion. So did Edelman, but for some reason you refuse to acknowledge. Just blame it on the refs or the doctors if you want to stick your head in the sand,

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165814 said:
Sometimes you're an idiot just for idiot's sake. Did you see Avril walking off the field? He looked 100% healthy and he did have a concussion. So did Edelman, but for some reason you refuse to acknowledge. Just blame it on the refs or the doctors if you want to stick your head in the sand,

Avril fell to the ground and laid motionless for a bit. The training staff had to go get him. None of that happened with Edelman. He got up immediately and kept playing.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n165820 said:
Avril fell to the ground and laid motionless for a bit. The training staff had to go get him. None of that happened with Edelman. He got up immediately and kept playing.

And Edelman wobbled like a drunk during the play he got hit on, in between plays and immediately after play later that drive. Would you at least admit that he should have been checked out? Doctors in the press box thought so & apparently tried to get the message down to the field, according to multiple media reports.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165821 said:
And Edelman wobbled like a drunk during the play he got hit on, in between plays and immediately after play later that drive. Would you at least admit that he should have been checked out? Doctors in the press box thought so & apparently tried to get the message down to the field, according to multiple media reports.

I will admit to having nothing to do with Edelman. :headshake:

How do you know he was never checked out? I haven't seen any reports that state that he was never checked on. I saw a little bit of wooziness immediately after the contact but nothing to the exaggeration that you are trying to make.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n165826 said:
I will admit to having nothing to do with Edelman. :headshake:

How do you know he was never checked out? I haven't seen any reports that state that he was never checked on. I saw a little bit of wooziness immediately after the contact but nothing to the exaggeration that you are trying to make.

I know he wasn't checked out because NFL protocol is that the player is taken to the locker room for a concussion exam. Something like that doesn't just slip by the sideline reporters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator