Julian Edelman was more concussed than Janay Rice

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165862 said:
I know he wasn't checked out because NFL protocol is that the player is taken to the locker room for a concussion exam. Something like that doesn't just slip by the sideline reporters.

But they can examine a player on the sideline to see if he needs to be taken to the locker room. How do you know that he wasn't examined on the sideline?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:haters:

no point in debating wobbs, dunder is firmly entrenched in his foxhole and aint coming out lol.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n165920 said:
But they can examine a player on the sideline to see if he needs to be taken to the locker room. How do you know that he wasn't examined on the sideline?

I believe the doctors who tweeted, messaged boarded, and who I've heard on the radio & on TV who say he showed very clear signs of a concussion. But mostly, I believe what I saw with my own two eyes. If he had been checked, he wasn't going back on the field.

Also, nobody from the media tweeted that they saw him getting checked on the sidelines. That's unheard of in 2015.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165964 said:
I believe the doctors who tweeted, messaged boarded, and who I've heard on the radio & on TV who say he showed very clear signs of a concussion. But mostly, I believe what I saw with my own two eyes. If he had been checked, he wasn't going back on the field.

Also, nobody from the media tweeted that they saw him getting checked on the sidelines. That's unheard of in 2015.

All it takes is one trainer to walk over to him and take a quick look. He doesn't have to be pulled off to the benches or taken to the locker room. Stop trying to make excuses for why the team you wanted to win didn't.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165964 said:
Also, nobody from the media tweeted that they saw him getting checked
This is where we're at as a society... if someone didn't "tweet" it, it never happened :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This kills me. No matter what, someone is going to say the Pats didn't win legitimately. They cheated in some fashion. They couldn't blame spying or the air in the balls this time, so now they move on to Edelman. If Edelman had been pulled, then Amendola would have caught the touchdown. Or Lafell. Or Tim Wright. Or any other stiff on their roster. Brady was the key player here, not Edelman.

Or maybe Brady was concussed too and they didn't pull him? Gotta come up with something!

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
WobbleGator;n165969 said:
All it takes is one trainer to walk over to him and take a quick look. He doesn't have to be pulled off to the benches or taken to the locker room. Stop trying to make excuses for why the team you wanted to win didn't.

If the ball was handed to Marshawn Lynch & he scored & the Seahawks won, I still would have started this thread. The discrepancy between Avril & Edelman exists regardless of who won the game & I was fired up about it before the Patriots even took the lead.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n165970 said:
This is where we're at as a society... if someone didn't "tweet" it, it never happened :lol:

Every little thing n the sidelines gets tweeted about. Even guys walking off slightly twisted ankles Backups taking practice throws. Lynch eating skittles on the sideline. Everything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Edelman, who caught the winning 3-yard touchdown pass, was checked on the New England sideline by medical staff and an independent neurologist.
:burn:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n165990 said:
If the ball was handed to Marshawn Lynch & he scored & the Seahawks won, I still would have started this thread. The discrepancy between Avril & Edelman exists regardless of who won the game & I was fired up about it before the Patriots even took the lead.

So a guy who got up immediately on his own and continued to play should have been treated just like the guy who laid face down on the ground, motionless? Ok.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_2239.gif
    conv_2239.gif
    863.2 KB · Views: 31

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n166011 said:
This does not support my narrative & so I therefore reject it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, you misplayed this. The next argument is the the "independent" neurologist was actually being paid under the table by the evil Robert Kraft.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
oxrageous;n166017 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, you misplayed this. The next argument is the the "independent" neurologist was actually being paid under the table by the evil Robert Kraft.

I would like to know why he looked drunk & was clearly stumbling after the hit & on subsequent plays. They had time to compare his cognitive abilities to his previously recorded baselines right there on the sideline? This reeks of CYA to me

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n166037 said:
I would like to know why he looked drunk & was clearly stumbling after the hit & on subsequent plays. They had time to compare his cognitive abilities to his previously recorded baselines right there on the sideline? This reeks of CYA to me
That's better! :clap:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Dunder;n166037 said:

The guy got his bell rung. This happens on every single play in football, but it in now way shape or form means a player was concussed.

The fact that the Legion of Boom got schooled by a no name WR, concussed or not, is about as embarrassing as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator