Kyle Trask to have surgery

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a dodge. Who would you have hired instead of Mac?
I am not the AD. I do not know who was actually available. I know some of you think that only good schools can hire the Sabans and Harballs of the world. When a job opens the AD gets the word from various emissaries as to who is available and at what approximate price.

The great ADs find the guy they want, like Saban, and make him available at whatever price is necessary. There us no excuse for Fooley fvkking this up bc, first he should have fired Chimp after 4-8 and barring that he shoukd have soent the year lining up a great next hire. He didnt of clurse bc in his arrogance he couldnt even see what was going on w the team.

Expensive you say to hire someone who isnt at a directional school? Yeah, so is hiring a dud, givimg him a long contract for 4 mil, firing him then hiring a second dud and doing the same.
We pay Chimp and Butters over 8 mil a year. Wow! See how great it is to hire cheap!

I cetrainly wouldnt have hired a 21-16 guy who his proud of finishing 3rd in the WAC with a record of being a mediocre recruiter....even if I thought he was the what I thought was available in the 2 million or less range.

If there was, somehow, absolutely no one available at any price, we would have been better of leaving DJ Durkin as interim and shopping again next year, the way Ohio State did.... and I said that at the time. A bad hire is not a good hire justt because it was your veeaion of the "best available" in the 2 mil box at Big Lots.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I am not the AD. I do not know who was actually available. I know some of you think that only good schools can hire the Sabans and Harballs of the world. When a job opens
the AD gets the word from various emissaries as to who is available and at what approximate price.

The great ADs find the guy they want, like Saban, and make him available at whatever price is necessary. There us no excuse for Fooley fvkking this up bc, first he should have fired Chimp after 4-8 and barring that he shoukd have soent the year lining up a great next hire. He didnt of clurse bc in his arrogance he couldnt even see what was going on w the team.

Expensive you say to hire someone who isnt at a directional school? Yeah, so is hiring a dud, givimg him a long contract for 4 mil, firing him then hiring a second dud and doing the same.
We pay Chimp and Butters over 8 mil a year. Wow! See how great it is to hire cheap!

I cetrainly wouldnt hace hired a 21-16 guy who his proud of finishing 3rd in the WAC with a record of being a mediocre recruiter just because he was the what I thought was available in the 2 million or less range.

If there was, somehow, absolutely no one available at any price, we would have been better of leaving DJ Durkin as interim and shopping again next year, the way Ohio State did.... and I said that at the time. A bad hire is not a good hire justt because it was your veeaion of the "best available" in the 2 mil box at Big Lots.

All Mac has done is win the SECe twice despite losing his starting QB for half of both seasons & shifting a home game to Death Valley. I gather you disagree, no need to rehash your voluminous posts expressing your disdain for him. I hope you're wrong.

But still, you know plenty about the landscape. Who would you have hired? We have some hindsight, has another elite coach emerged that we can say "We missed THAT guy"? I don't think so. Looking at the top 25 the last 2 years, I don't see anyone who was available that I'd have taken over Mac. Nor do I see a rising star like Meyer was.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All Mac has done is win the SECe twice despite losing his starting QB for half of both seasons & shifting a home game to Death Valley. I gather you disagree, no need to rehash your voluminous posts expressing your disdain for him. I hope you're wrong.

But still, you know plenty about the landscape. Who would you have hired? We have some hindsight, has another elite coach emerged that we can say "We missed THAT guy"? I don't think so. Looking at the top 25 the last 2 years, I don't see anyone who was available that I'd have taken over Mac. Nor do I see a rising star like Meyer was.

When Mac got here he didn't have enough OLinemen to even run a normal O&B game. Half the ones he had, wouldn't have started at a DII school. But these Mac haters around here don't want to be reminded about that. They expected a top 10 offense no matter what. We want it now dammit! We're UF! We deserve NC trophies every year!
:alone:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Mac got here he didn't have enough OLinemen to even run a normal O&B game. Half the ones he had, wouldn't have started at a DII school. But these Mac haters around here don't want to be reminded about that. They expected a top 10 offense no matter what. We want it now dammit! We're UF! We deserve NC trophies every year!
:alone:

Did you happen to see the mesh pullover jerseys on the OL last Friday?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All Mac has done is win the SECe twice
Mac hasnt done a god damn thing other than have the worst record vs ranked teams since the 80s and been LUCKY AS FVKK that Tinerc and Ugly (and Mizzu) also have shytty coaches.

Dont tell me about how good Mr Seven Blowouts and Mr May Never Score A TD vs Clowntown is doing.

He is a useless fat fvkk who cant produce a good offense OR defense OR ST.... and he is too fvkking lazy to recruit also.

I didnt add or assemble a competent staff bc, other than the coordinators and Nord, I dont think he was able to afford to hire any of the top 50 people on his list.

And yes I disdain you excuse makers almost as much as him.

No offense. Youre still one of my favorite posters.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
89 posts on a moot point when the guy's only gonna be out four weeks with a perfectly repairable injury. You can snip off a slight meniscus tear and have the athlete out there competing at full strength in a matter of few weeks. I suspect that's what is happening here.

The quarterback job remains wide open as far as I'm concerned. We may not know until three or four weeks into the season who the starter is going to be unless someone shows up big against Michigan.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mac hasnt done a god damn thing other than have the worst record vs ranked teams since the 80s and been LUCKY AS FVKK that Tinerc and Ugly (and Mizzu) also have shytty coaches.

Dont tell me about how good Mr Seven Blowouts and Mr May Never Score A TD vs Clowntown is doing.

He is a useless fat fvkk who cant produce a good offense OR defense OR ST.... and he is too fvkking lazy to recruit also.

I didnt add or assemble a competent staff bc, other than the coordinators and Nord, I dont think he was able to afford to hire any of the top 50 people on his list.

What? This is the first I have heard any of this...:rolleyes:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Sooo... Is it safe to say that you're not on the Mac train?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think I'm acting entitled to expect an offense that doesn't put me to sleep...literally.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not a single trophy.

We dont care about runner up trophies or moral victories.

Thats stuff for USCe and Mizzu.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've been drubbed 83-31 in those two performances. Ahhh....the wonderful memories we'll be able to share with our grandkids. :lol:
As opposed to the memories of the 10 other teams that sat at home & watched us at least play in the damn game? Yep, memories.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a single trophy.

We dont care about runner up trophies or moral victories.

Thats stuff for USCe and Mizzu.
If you're not even in the fkng game you can't win trophies.

Edit: unless you're slUT, they win trophies in September apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator