LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Both sides can do it, I don't see the issue.... This isn't new to the game has been happening for decades. Just like I have no issue with recruit that changes their mind before leaving, I have no issue with a coach taking a promotion the day after signing day. If the kids wanted to wait to see how staffs all got moved around wait for the original signing day. This is business as usual.

:exactly: Even Ernest said as much in this X statement.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
“Ernie”

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office
1703192407684.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure that he would be ready to take the job or a good coach, but could you imagine Spikes as your position coach?

I’ve been hoping he’s been angling that direction. Very involved in the program, all over campus on game days, etc. Maybe once he’s done with his degree he’ll take on a greater role.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
No coach with half a brain is gonna call up kid up and say "hey, just wanted you to know your position coach just took another job at so and so....just in case you want to change you mind and go there". They need to get over it. So since we are talking about a 1/4 to a 1/3 with Karl, he probably mentioned it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been hoping he’s been angling that direction. Very involved in the program, all over campus on game days, etc. Maybe once he’s done with his degree he’ll take on a greater role.

Like Warren Sapp at Colorado?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I don't think anyone but the Recruits and families thinks its ok. What I wrote was from their perspective, that it's ok to do that. Pisses me off to that they do this. But they should not go calling out a coach when they have their portal and NIL and can do whatever the fuuk they want.

I think it's a double edged sword. Do it and we lose them. Not do it and pissed them off.
But the players you are calling out on this didnt do any of that.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This thing with Bateman is silly.

I bet he was offered this a.m., accepted, and A&M leaked it before he even notified BN. It was probably some dumbass intern at A&M.

These are the times we live in.

Earnest shouldn't have twittered. Old men and new tech is a dangerous thing.

The head coach and/or position coach doesn't need to inform any parent, legacy or not, of pending internal staff changes. Sounds cold, but with 85 scholarship students that would be an impossible task to do on a consistent basis.

The athletes probably heard it over social media before they heard it from the coaches. Again, if it was leaked by A&M, wtf could they do?

There are plenty of things to be concerned about with this coach and staff.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Earnest claiming the move with Bateman never discussed, called, informed, etc. Sounds pissed.

I swear this cocksucker just keeps stepping on his crank when its not necessary. Just complete incompetence. **** the bed during ESD, 5 stars dropping like flies, late coaching hires, ignoring the portal, 2 losing seasons, I don't get it.
Say it ain't so!

Dude, you have to stop drinking your lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.