LDR to start against Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure I buy the OP's entire premise, no offense intended. But I wouldn't be shocked at the latter part about Franks being upset. Recruiting high schoolers each year is a given. But when part of your pitch is we're going to develop you into our next great QB, and 18+ months into said development we're saying "nope you're no where near ready, we need a grad transfer"(plus new recruits) it becomes rinse, wash, repeat. I've said before, if Franks isn't a functional QB at this point, there is a problem. We can't Grad transfer our way out of every situation.

As for LDR, if he's definitely getting the nod regardless of performance, then these coaches won't be here past 2018.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's not going to matter. Del Taco will injure his shoulder throwing against air.

In all seriousness, No matter who starts. I think Zaire will take over.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR is starting. I said he would start if he was healthy. He's healthy. He's starting. Urg is in denial. That's OK. Insanity makes you do that. And wouldn't starting him be insane?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR is starting. I said he would start if he was healthy. He's healthy. He's starting. Urg is in denial. That's OK. Insanity makes you do that. And wouldn't starting him be insane?
some of you love some confirmation bias ;)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
On one hand, I feel like Mac can't do something so stupid...he starts LDR and we lose, and he will catch some SERIOUS flack. The noise in the system will be deafening.

On the other hand, Nuss and Nord.

:sadnanner:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Piss on Franks if he doesn't like the Zaire situation. The only reason that Zaire is here is because Franks needs longer to develop than Mac's recruiting relationships.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously though, somebody needs to stay with URG. I've got a bunker with bourbon.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don't do it urg!

TylerTheCreatordoessuicide_zps89c9117e.gif~c200

I'm no attorney, so maybe Law could provide some insight here. But I believe, this post--if combined with anything alluding to the fact that Del Rio technically has another year of eligibility--could prove intent.

Wait...

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The whole premise behind the original post is kind of hilarious...we still have 3 weeks (?) until the first game. Del crappo isn't even playing with the first string yet....and is currently 3rd string. Yeah he is already named the starter right

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The whole premise behind the original post is kind of hilarious...we still have 3 weeks (?) until the first game. Del crappo isn't even playing with the first string yet....and is currently 3rd string. Yeah he is already named the starter right
stop it
They know people that know :grin:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
When mac left him in the Arky game, hurt, lousy playing, you know damn well if he is able to trot out there against Michigan he will take the safe route.

He'll probably play the 1st quarter, maybe 3 series, then we'll see Zaire for a series, after that, the scripted plays will be over and we if are up by a FG, nusschamp will curl up in the fetal position and start trying to run the clock out.

There's still a chance he might hurt himself in practice before the opening day.

Even if he is hurt, they'd still play him. Just like the Arkansas game you mentioned. Honestly, they can't be seriously thinking of starting him, he'd be the worst option for playing against Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator