Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driving in to work this morning the 1010XL sports radio guys (Both Florida alums) said the coaches are telling them Del Rio is beating the pants off the other QB's.
:mac:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
MacNuss is gonna turn Del Rio into a top level contender. Short, medium and long routes all working. The run game will be a demoralizing machine for opposing defenses, just running over them at will. The Gator offense will roll up and down the field - unstoppable! Mick going nuts!!!
This will happen. Mac told me so! :bananadance2:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Del Rio may be a great quarterback on the practice field. They don't keep score at practice. That makes all the difference.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
It's real simple for me...

Both QB's could lose you games with poor decision making and errant throws. Only one of the QB's has an arm that could possibly win you the game and that's not Del Taco.

Go with the guy who has upside. Not the guy whose best throw is a five-yard crossing route.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Del Rio will start, Zaire will see some action here and there this year but not much, mostly wildcat plays that everyone will see coming so they won't work.

Franks will transfer out, along with any other QB once they see how it is, Del Rio will be the starter again NEXT year, the next "can't miss freshman" will be talked about highly but be red shirted and not develop, another senior will transfer in and be Del Rio's backup.

We will lose a lot of games.
There is potential for this to play out. I could see this happening but I'm trying to stay positive.
I dont think I've ever felt this way before but I really don't like the Del Rios. I honestly think even the Chump would have told Del Rio to take a hike.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Del Taco could actually anticipate throws like he did in the Spring game two years ago, I'd be okay with him starting, but Michigan isn't going to tell him what defense they are running. I think he starts, but not because he deserves to.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget - he's a "leader of men". Just ask him.
giphy.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac just said LDR did some really good things in the scrimmage.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So according to 247 this is what is going on with LDR in practice:

LDR clearly has the best grasp of the offensive system and it isn't all that close right now.

He's the QB who consistently gets the offense aligned properly and makes the right pre-snap reads and checks.

LDR is moving the chains despite getting pressure from the defensive line.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
if we were playing a patsy then Franks gets the nod hands down. This Michigan game changes things a bit. Do you go with experience (small sample size) to draw upon or do you go with a guy whose only tape is hs and spring. I say take your chances with Franks and see if he can grow up during the game. Ride Franks for the rest of the season and have Zaire be the backup. LDR can focus on getting the players high quality H2O.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This feels like getting up at 6 on Saturday morning for Cars & Coffee only to find out the parking lot's being used for a driver's education course.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I've never felt this way before the season. I'm excited for the potential of this team. But I am completely uninspired by the OC and the douche that may start at QB. Del Rio has a low ceiling. I really can't believe that Mac thinks down the road that this is the smart decision. Del Rio isn't going to beat FSU and definitely not Alabama if we even get that far. Kid just doesn't have it.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Why don't they listen to Steve Spurrier? Just the way he described the players is indicative of how he feels about their upside.
Wait.. I forgot. Nuss #105 has got this all under control
One would think Nuss should be picking Steve's brain everyday for knowledge. I mean if you are a professional and there is a SME in the same building, you wouldn't want to know their thoughts on personnel matchups, playcalling, etc.? That's just wasting an invaluable resource IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator