LDR to start against Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The whole premise behind the original post is kind of hilarious...we still have 3 weeks (?) until the first game. Del crappo isn't even playing with the first string yet....and is currently 3rd string. Yeah he is already named the starter right
Link? All the reporting says he is equal right now to Franks and Zaire.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...quarterback-battle-feleipe-franks-malik-zaire

“I don’t know how Coach Mac [Jim McElwain] and Coach [Doug] Nussmeier are going to do it, but I really think Felipe has a lot of talent,” Spurrier said on the podcast. “He’s 6-foot-5, beautiful throwing motion just watching him in practice a lot last year and a little bit this year. Malik is an athlete back there but a good thrower also. We know about Luke Del Rio, good solid player. I don’t know how it’s going to turn out, I’m sure they’ll have some scrimmages and that will be a big reason whoever I think they go with, the scrimmages coming up.”

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
giphy.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Starting Luke Del Canthrow would be career suicide and Mac has to know that. He's just not the answer.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am a Mac fan probably as big as anyone here. I really think he is moving in the right direction and I believe our future is very bright.

All that being said, if LDR starts and stinks it up and we lose, Mac needs to have his head examined!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Click-bait post and we fell hook, line and sinker........

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...quarterback-battle-feleipe-franks-malik-zaire

“I don’t know how Coach Mac [Jim McElwain] and Coach [Doug] Nussmeier are going to do it, but I really think Felipe has a lot of talent,” Spurrier said on the podcast. “He’s 6-foot-5, beautiful throwing motion just watching him in practice a lot last year and a little bit this year. Malik is an athlete back there but a good thrower also. We know about Luke Del Rio, good solid player. I don’t know how it’s going to turn out, I’m sure they’ll have some scrimmages and that will be a big reason whoever I think they go with, the scrimmages coming up.”
Why don't they listen to Steve Spurrier? Just the way he described the players is indicative of how he feels about their upside.
Wait.. I forgot. Nuss #105 has got this all under control

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I'm starting to think this is a real possibility. I wasn't expecting him to be in the mix at all. I was surprised and sick when I heard he was repping with the first teamers at times. If he's the starter I still won't be able to enjoy any success on offense because I dislike him so much. The kid is a prick and he's definitely not the answer to winning championships here again. Mac needs to give any other QB on the roster a shot first. And I don't wanna hear the crap about him being 5-1 as a starter. Who did he beat as a starter? Nobody

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Del Rio will start, Zaire will see some action here and there this year but not much, mostly wildcat plays that everyone will see coming so they won't work.

Franks will transfer out, along with any other QB once they see how it is, Del Rio will be the starter again NEXT year, the next "can't miss freshman" will be talked about highly but be red shirted and not develop, another senior will transfer in and be Del Rio's backup.

We will lose a lot of games.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm like many that will not be happy with Del Taco starting. Maybe even pissed. Only one can hope that this QB competition has lit a fire underneath someone's azz. If he does start I hope they're selling beer inside the stadium, we'll need it. I just can't wait til Coral gets here.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Driving in to work this morning the 1010XL sports radio guys (Both Florida alums) said the coaches are telling them Del Rio is beating the pants off the other QB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator