Status
Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Given we can't see practice , we only have the coach's word on who is excelling.

Sorry about the length of this & I hope I'm clear here.

A "real-driving" coach knows a team must rally around a leader (a leader per group) and Mac's giving them none??
From practices, say simple ypcs, smash broken tackles, etc. Mac could extra-brag on Scarlett & Perrine as leaders (ground attack). That would give them more "pop" and also fire up the OL. Then via Mac's example the position coaches' "fire" would take on more "driving-meaning" (in every practice = that's our guy's training, their "dress rehearsals") ... practice the way you're gonna play it on the public stage, SEC FB stage.

Do the Gators have a leader-HC giving them that "pop" by transference?? A Zen-leader is needed for a Vandy or a Kentucky, but it's not for 3 NC Gator tradition!! The "wheels" that hired Mac should have had an initial sit-down and each one read from their "fired-up" beliefs-list exactly what a Gator CFB Program must be ... and "don't coach any other way". That's the way Boosters should develop an HC.

Mac & crew should fire up 6'6" Franks, gotten as a 5* recruit coveted by many...... Swapping out that "Zen-laissez faire" will fire up the OL, fire up the position coaches further. Show Franks you're gonna make him throw accurately (still firing it) and gonna make him "outcraft" the defenses pitched against him, gonna make him quickly/confidently run his reads. Such is the coach's promise "to develop". Think how much better Franks will feel & start performing to match how he feels. First step to developing a worthy QB is to develop-enhance how he feels ball-in-hand running the show for his teammates as they're dedicating their skills & hopes out in front of him. Mac's not OK with me if he "Zen-prepares" them for the likelihood of not kicking butt. In Competition, Zen is the driveway to underground parking; At UF, we park in the Sunshine.

That philosophy = "here's what I, UF's headcoach am going to make of you, Feleipe", should have been applied to Franks from day one. "Develop you into a Gator QB, develop a Gator QB" out of you 5*, 6'6" much sought-after "rocket arm" recruit (who has been with Mac et al for 2 spring-learnings & 2 film-room years & ears).

Doesn't a coach develop leaders this way?? With his (the coach's) fire?? GatorNation deserves to see "Gator fireworks" in Dalas, against "globetrotting" Michigan, against Travelocity Harbough -- booger him out.

As to LDR, he's not a leader, he's a Castor (Orphan Black reference). Like Castors, "screw-up" is in his DNA; he's full of glitches of failures awaiting to happen. Keep him off the "screen-field". There's no cure for Castors and if MacNuss start him, there's no cure for them.

Here's my pumperism... if we must shed this coaching staff for a naturally "non-Zen" full speed ahead coach, then look at what Carrol & crew have brought us to watch work, watch develop in Gator Tradition. (I cannot stand Carrol's crew coming in full of "hot-fire" to meet up with an HC with Zen water-it-down dowsing hosery. If Mac remains, Boosters need to have that overdue "duty-tete-a-tete" about how the University of Florida Gators CFB team eats fire & brimstone to spit on SEC opponents .....
....... Otherwise, Boosters can sweep up Mac's remains and then proceed with new-staff for a "let's get it on" Mills Lane-style, not a Zen millstone-style.. Ahhmen, Grow Gators! :faint:

Last edited:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Sorry about the length & I hope I'm clear here.

A "real-driving" coach knows a team must rally around a leader (a leader per group) and Mac's giving them none??
From practices, say simple ypcs, smash broken tackles, etc. Mac could extra-brag on Scarlett & Perrine as leaders (ground attack). That would give them more "pop" and also fire up the OL. Then via Mac's example the position coaches' "fire" would take on more "driving-meaning" (in every practice = that's our guy's training, their "dress rehearsals") ... practice the way you're gonna play it on the public stage, SEC FB stage.

Do the Gators have a leader-HC giving them that "pop" by transference?? A Zen-leader is needed for a Vandy or a Kentucky, but it's not for 3 NC Gator tradition!! The "wheels" that hired Mac should have had an initial sit-down and each one read from their "fired-up" beliefs-list exactly what a Gator CFB Program must be ... and "don't coach any other way". That's the way Boosters should develop an HC.

Mac & crew should fire up 6'6" Franks, gotten as a 5* recruit coveted by many. All such "non-Zen-drive" will fire up the OL, fire up the position coaches further. Show Franks you're gonna make him throw accurately (still firing it) and gonna make him "outcraft" the defenses pitched against him, gonna make him quickly/confidently run his reads. Such is the coach's promise "to develop". Think how much better Franks will feel & start performing to match how he feels. First step to defveloping a worthy QB is to develop-enhance how he feels ball-in-hand running the show for his teammates dedicating their skills out in front of him. Mac's not OK with me if he "Zen-prepares" them for the likelihood of not kicking butt. In Competition, Zen is the driveway to underground parking; At UF, we park in the Sunshine.

That philosophy = "here's what I, UF's headcoach am going to make of you, Feleipe", should have been applied to Franks from day one. "Develop you into a Gator QB, develop a Gator QB" out of you 5*, 6'6" much sought-after "rocket arm" recruit (who has been with Mac et al for 2 spring-learnings & 2 film-room years & ears).

Doesn't a coach develop leaders this way?? With his (the coach's) fire?? GatorNation deserves to see "Gator fireworks" in Dalas, against "globetrotting" Michigan, against Travelocity Harbough -- booger him out.

As to LDR, he's not a leader, he's a Castor (Orphan Black reference). Like Castors, "screw-up" is in his DNA; he's full of glitches of failures awaiting to happen. Keep him off the "screen--field". There's no cure for Castors and if MacNuss start him, there's no cure for them.

Here's my pumperism... if we must shed this coaching staff for a naturally "non-Zen" full speed ahead coach, then look at what Carrol & crew have brought us to watch work, watch develop in Gator Tradition. (I cannot stand Carrol's crew coming in full of "hot-fire" to meet up with an HC with Zen water-it-down dowsing hosery. If Mac remains, Boosters need to have that overdue duty-tete-a-tete about how the University of Florida Gators CFB team eats fire & brimstone to spit on SEC opponents .....
..... Otherwise, Boosters can sweep up Mac's remains and then proceed with new-staff for "let's get it on" Mills Stone-style, not a Zen millstone-style.. Ahhmen, Grow Gators!

LDR ain't a leader, he's a Caster. {Orphan Black reference.}
:exactly:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a guy who's been told he's the starter.
giphy.gif

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
p an HC.

Mac & crew should fire up 6'6" Franks, gotten as a 5* recruit coveted by many...... Swapping out that "Zen-laissez faire" will fire up the OL, fire up the position coaches further. Show Franks you're gonna make him throw accurately (still firing it) and gonna make him "outcraft" the defenses pitched against him, gonna make him quickly/confidently run his reads. Such is the coach's promise "to develop". Think how much better Franks will feel & start performing to match how he feels. First step to developing a worthy QB is to develop-enhance how he feels ball-in-hand running the show for his teammates as they're dedicating their skills & hopes out in front of him. Mac's not OK with me if he "Zen-prepares" them for the likelihood of not kicking butt. In Competition, Zen is the driveway to underground parking; At UF, we park in the Sunshine.

As to LDR, he's not a leader, he's a Castor (Orphan Black reference). Like Castors, "screw-up" is in his DNA; he's full of glitches of failures awaiting to happen. Keep him off the "screen-field". There's no cure for Castors and if MacNuss start him, there's no cure for them.

:faint:

Wow. I'm fired up, just reading what you wrote. Yeah, that's how it should be! Maybe they should have turned Spurrier lose on him.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Why all the fuss about who starts? Doesn't mean they play the entire game. Alabama's "starter" last year for the opening game left the team because he did not get enough playing time. The Gators need to play 2 or 3 quarterbacks and see how they perform in a game situation. The one who plays best should play the most. I think the running game is going to be good this year. That will go a long way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why all the fuss about who starts? Doesn't mean they play the entire game. Alabama's "starter" last year for the opening game left the team because he did not get enough playing time. The Gators need to play 2 or 3 quarterbacks and see how they perform in a game situation. The one who plays best should play the most. I think the running game is going to be good this year. That will go a long way.
I think if we play 2 or 3 quarterbacks against good teams like Michigan we'll get killed. Need to save that nonsense for the cupcakes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, let's rotate every series...LDR, Franks, Zaire, Trask, Allen, Toney and then start over again. Bet we get at least a FG out of each round.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Well I am worried about the running game again looking at the O line in the spring game and I doubt Mac would switch QBs unless the game was getting real out of hand. Look at the Arkansas game last season.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I have a feeling he's going to go with the most conservative choice in game 1. He may try some kind of rotational thing in the second game against the directional school. I certainly hope he doesn't try such a ridiculous thing against Meatchicken. We really need to try to win that game.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Its not anger. its coaching. you put the guy in there that gives us the best chance to win the game. If that means Del Rio because our D is limited in depth at certain positions due to suspentions, and be a "game/clockk manager", so be it. If Franks is the starter and Mac/Nuss show us that they are worth the paycheck at player development, so be it. If Zaire is the starter due to his playmaking ability with his legs and can extend plays and pickup crucial 3rd downs by escaping collapsing pockets, so be it. JUST MAKE A F'N DECISON ALREADY! Let the team/fans etc. get behind that guy. The only reason I don't think they have made the choice is Mac doing some gamesmanship with Harbough. Harbough and Co. have to watch tape on three different QBs, O-line setups/formations, routes, etc. to determine their individuals strengths/weaknesses and then coming up with three different game plans for that. This is the only explanation that truly makes sense as to why a decision hasn't been made. I guess we will probably find out about 2:42 CST on the 2nd when whomever jogs out there. to throw the first pass on first down, and then hand it off to Scarlett on 2nd, and then try either a counter, or a 1yd Brandon Powell WR screen on 3rd down. Then we will punt. Rinse. Repeat.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is an angry elf who will be quite enraged if Butters chooses his ole standby.
you think I will be enraged? You don't read much do you? Or is it that you are just fond of your own fake news?

I will be right with you if he starts LDR, I won't be mad, I'll just be calling for his immediate firing :lol2:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
you think I will be enraged? You don't read much do you? Or is it that you are just fond of your own fake news?

I will be right with you if he starts LDR, I won't be mad, I'll just be calling for his immediate firing :lol2:
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator