LDR to start against Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys kill with your telepathic abilities. Practices have basically been closed so none of you (that means everyone on this board) have any idea how these Qb's are reading the defense and checking into the right play, seeing the field and finding the open receiver, feeling the defensive pressure and moving up in the pocket (assuming we have one this year), getting rid of the ball if nothing is there, hitting their receivers in stride when under pressure and not just throwing against air, displaying the best leaderships skills etc. Unless you have telepathic ability you have no idea who is doing the best job in all of these areas. There is way more to being a QB than just having a strong arm and looking the part when throwing to routes on air (which is all we've seen at this point in fall camp) There is no doubt that Franks has the physical tools that you are looking for in a Qb, but if he is still lacking in many of the areas that I mentioned above and LDR (even though he doesn't have the arm of Franks) is way more advanced in the system and in all these other areas, then it might be smart to start LDR against Michigan and work Franks in over the next few weeks against lesser opponents. Franks was very raw coming out of high school and may not quite be there yet, but some of you guys don't care who gives us the best chance to win this next game, all you care about is being right. You are pretty much the same guys who bash Mac at every turn even though he took over a situation where there were little to no skill players on offense, no decent Qb's on the roster, and an offensive line that didn't even hardly have enough guys to practice, and the ones they did have couldn't have started for the University of Jacksonville much less the Gators, but he somehow managed to win the East his first two years while putting the pieces in place to get Florida back to where we should be. You guys bashed him for his recruiting, and anybody with any knowledge of recruiting in the day and age that we live, knows that these kids start getting recruited at a young and it takes time to build the relationships needed to bring in a top class, but you guys expected him to do it out of the gate, because "hey we're Florida". I am going to go ahead a make a prediction that Mac is going to prove you wrong AGAIN. So just sit back and trust the coaches, you know the ones that have seen every snap, every throw, every read, etc. and trust them to put the guy in there who gives us the best chance to win. And if that is not "your guy" then support Coach Mac and the team anyway instead of getting on the internet and making a fool of yourself once again...

What's your nic on Swamp Gas?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys kill with your telepathic abilities. Practices have basically been closed so none of you (that means everyone on this board) have any idea how these Qb's are reading the defense and checking into the right play, seeing the field and finding the open receiver, feeling the defensive pressure and moving up in the pocket (assuming we have one this year), getting rid of the ball if nothing is there, hitting their receivers in stride when under pressure and not just throwing against air, displaying the best leaderships skills etc. Unless you have telepathic ability you have no idea who is doing the best job in all of these areas. There is way more to being a QB than just having a strong arm and looking the part when throwing to routes on air (which is all we've seen at this point in fall camp) There is no doubt that Franks has the physical tools that you are looking for in a Qb, but if he is still lacking in many of the areas that I mentioned above and LDR (even though he doesn't have the arm of Franks) is way more advanced in the system and in all these other areas, then it might be smart to start LDR against Michigan and work Franks in over the next few weeks against lesser opponents. Franks was very raw coming out of high school and may not quite be there yet, but some of you guys don't care who gives us the best chance to win this next game, all you care about is being right. You are pretty much the same guys who bash Mac at every turn even though he took over a situation where there were little to no skill players on offense, no decent Qb's on the roster, and an offensive line that didn't even hardly have enough guys to practice, and the ones they did have couldn't have started for the University of Jacksonville much less the Gators, but he somehow managed to win the East his first two years while putting the pieces in place to get Florida back to where we should be. You guys bashed him for his recruiting, and anybody with any knowledge of recruiting in the day and age that we live, knows that these kids start getting recruited at a young and it takes time to build the relationships needed to bring in a top class, but you guys expected him to do it out of the gate, because "hey we're Florida". I am going to go ahead a make a prediction that Mac is going to prove you wrong AGAIN. So just sit back and trust the coaches, you know the ones that have seen every snap, every throw, every read, etc. and trust them to put the guy in there who gives us the best chance to win. And if that is not "your guy" then support Coach Mac and the team anyway instead of getting on the internet and making a fool of yourself once again...

This would have been much easier to read if you had split it into multiple paragraphs. Please try that next time.

Also, I disagree with most of your post. I do hope that you're correct in that Mac proves himself and has a great year, but he's made enough poor decisions in the last 1.5 years for me to just blindly trust he's going to make all the right decisions for this program.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
This would have been much easier to read if you had split it into multiple paragraphs. Please try that next time.

Also, I disagree with most of your post. I do hope that you're correct in that Mac proves himself and has a great year, but he's made enough poor decisions in the last 1.5 years for me to just blindly trust he's going to make all the right decisions for this program.
I'm waiting on what skill position he is going to F up with the "by committee" concept. He jacked up the RBs last year with this, and now this year with the QBs....maybe the punters and place kickers will be next year...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm waiting on what skill position he is going to F up with the "by committee" concept. He jacked up the RBs last year with this, and now this year with the QBs....maybe the punters and place kickers will be next year...

The RB by committee approach was a failed experiment, which took him too long to figure out. I hope he doesn't try that again.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

574.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't been on Swamp Gas in years but it's the same on every forum...

Good to know. Did you soapbox the other sites or are we the lucky ones? BTW, please post more. It's not as bad as you make it. I think everyone wants to beat the tar out of our opponents every single week. I heard a lot of the same rhetoric during the Muschump years. Meyer broke the program. Etc etc. And I hope you are right. I hope Mac crushes Mich and has another 10 win season(that would make TWO out of THREE). Recruiting is on the upswing and I have been extremely complimentary of him. Bottom line, he needs to win some big games. Winning the crapshow that is the East isn't very impressive. Hope to see you around more. Go Gators!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The RB by committee approach was a failed experiment, which took him too long to figure out. I hope he doesn't try that again.

Which is bizarre because Saban rides his horse whichever one wins the job. It's weird.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Which is bizarre because Saban rides his horse whichever one wins the job. It's weird.

Saban had 2 guys with over 800 yards last year rushing. I think he is known for using multiple backs.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It's more like 80-20 ratio at bama, where last year it was 50-30-20-10 here

You can check the carries. Since Saban has been at bama, half the time he split carries between 2 backs and the other times he had one guy carry them. So, it depends on who he has. For example, last season Harris (146) and Scarbrough (125) basically split carries. The year before that Henry got almost all the carries.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dear God man, have you heard of multiple paragraphs?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Trust the coaches?

The same coaches who thought playing Mark Thompson over Cronk was a good idea? The same coaches who kept putting him in after he showed he can't hang onto the ball? The same coaches who started Treon over Grier and said multiple times that Treon was "neck-and-neck" with Grier? The same coaches who continue to pass on first and run on second even though everybody on the field, stands, and at home know its coming? The same coaches who kept LDR in at Arky? This is just a handful of examples of a pretty long list.

No thanks...I'll trust the coaches when they earn it and so far I haven't seen a damn thing to say otherwise.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Trust the coaches?

The same coaches who thought playing Mark Thompson over Cronk was a good idea? The same coaches who kept putting him in after he showed he can't hang onto the ball? The same coaches who started Treon over Grier and said multiple times that Treon was "neck-and-neck" with Grier? The same coaches who continue to pass on first and run on second even though everybody on the field, stands, and at home know its coming? The same coaches who kept LDR in at Arky? This is just a handful of examples of a pretty long list.

No thanks...I'll trust the coaches when they earn it and so far I haven't seen a damn thing to say otherwise.

Yea

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta give westflgator super-credit for his avatar ...
102.jpg

Caught some dialogue on TV "Last Man Standing" =
Black neighbor: Lionel tells me he wants to go to Florida State! Can you see a black man walking around in Florida?
Tim: Besides, it's a bad school.
neighbor: I'm hoping he'll wise up.
Tim: Not at Florida State he won't.

Welcome to my category westflgator = post less more. :(

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.onlygators.com/08/29/201...m-continues-into-yet-another-football-season/

"These theories are looking less likely by the day, and McElwain has certainly laid the groundwork to start Del Rio on Saturday.

Compliments for Zaire have centered on his “good feet,” “good pocket awareness” and his overall character as a source of energy for the locker room. When asked specifically about Zaire, McElwain has primarily responded by focusing on how he has forced Franks and Del Rio to compete harder. He does not discuss how wildly inconsistent Zaire has reportedly been throwing the ball in practice, of course.

Discussion of Franks has been relatively nonexistent, though there’s not much to say about the youngster because what he brings to the table is obvious. He has a strong arm and can make throws the others cannot, but he also remains wet behind the ears, still makes mistakes and is the least experienced of the bunch.

Del Rio is where the conversation gets interesting. McElwain has gone to bat for his 2016 starter, noting multiple that Del Rio started the season 5-0. Del Rio tore up his knee in Week 2 against North Texas and was never the same afterward even as he helped the Gators pick up some victories. When he seriously injured his shoulder against Georgia, Del Rio should not have seen the field again. Instead, McElwain started him — a move the coach regretted — in what became a blowout at Arkansas."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator