Lemons Decommits, then REcommits, then REdecommits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't want him anyway!
I'm not going to pretend I really care who is the 5th string TB next year, though. If his name isn't Percy Harvin or Herschel Walker, it won't matter. Neither a low four star nor a 2.5 star are going to change the shape of this team next year or affect Mac's future.

Last edited:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reason 89737829927637 I don't closely follow recruiting until it's almost signing day. I just can't get caught up in the happenings of teenagers who want attention.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, we're good at rb next year anyhow. I don't see whats wrong with adding some future depth either. Lemmons got kicked out of school and obviously wants to be a gator but doesnt know if he'll get in. It's not like bammer or fsu stole one from us.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
He was thrown out of his High School. I suspect it is more than grades. It's possible Mac is allowing him to save face. It doesn't look good if UF withdrew the offer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd just as soon not waste a scholarship on a Mac level replacement player. I mean Mac the midlevel conference not Mac the midlevel coach.

We can get another Mark Herndon 5th string anywhere, including a walkon off the scout squad.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He was thrown out of his High School. I suspect it is more than grades. It's possible Mac is allowing him to save face. It doesn't look good if UF withdrew the offer.
Kid was caught smoking dope on campus which lead to him being booted from school. Kid can ball...but his "off the field" stuff is really screwing him at the moment. Hopefully he'll start hanging with a better crowd and get things figured out! BTW...he scored a 15 on his ACT :facepalm:

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why not instead of getting another 3* HB, when we already have 4 go after a huge DT instead. Or another LB.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Yeah, we're good at rb next year anyhow. I don't see whats wrong with adding some future depth either. Lemmons got kicked out of school and obviously wants to be a gator but doesnt know if he'll get in. It's not like bammer or fsu stole one from us.
We're gonna be thin. Cronk is all but gone. Injuries happen. Then your playing WR or CBs at RB.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mac and Co. are going to have to pull off a bona fide signing day miracle to stave off the epic sh**storm he and the staff are going to face for their failures on the trail and the one of equal proportion the fans will have to face dealing with that failure for the next several years of mind-numbing mediocrity.

If we fold down the stretch and finish weak like we did last year, there's no way these coaches can do it.

I've said it repeatedly: this team has to play out of it's collective mind and way over it's potential in order to give the brand some juice and these weak recruiters some leverage on the trail.

That, unfortunately, has not happened. And now, thanks to Lemons, we have even more egg on our face.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
You think Cronk is gonna transfer? You have a link or some inside sources saying so? Give us the dirt.
From UF 247 someone who apparently knows the situation
"He will be gone after this season".
"Yes I do. He's been trying to leave but the staff won't let him. He wants to be an every down back and gets the reps at practice but come game time he is bypassed and would rather go somewhere else to get the opportunity.
That room isn't as happy go lucky as Skipper tries to make it seem."

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Thompson to this point really just seems to have size. Seems very slow and hasn't caught the ball the best either. I think Perine will be THE GUY soon. He gushes about him like he did/does Callaway.

Person who apparently knows the situation:

You are right about the way Mac speaks about him. Mac has been recruiting Thompson and Perine for some time now and those are his guys while with the Jordan's the feeling was let me take two south Florida kids to make a statement and fill a void until I get the guys I want.

Jsmthdad 178 posts
Sep 14, 4:55 PM via Mobile
I agree that you don't run away from competition but if you are told what you are and how you will be used and that doesn't sit well with you or that's not what you want, that's a different story

http://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/A-message-from-Jordan-Cronkrite-47465878?Page=2

He got 3 carries for 6 yards against Miz. All the other in the rotation got 10+, except Cronk and Herndon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.