Let the QB controversy begin: Will Mushchamp start Harris?

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n68712 said:
Or just go the Baseball route.

Anything but starting QB for the Florida Gators. Seems like a nice kid though.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think, my opinion, that WM will let JD start but have him on a short leash.

With that said, I think it's will be a mistake to do that but WM has already proven than he is a mistake machine.

TH has earned the right to start in my mind.

Sep 6, 2014
HogtownGator;n68678 said:
That was a dick move to not let Harris finish the game. Cannot believe that.

This.

I disliked Muschamp before that d-bag move, but i hate him after it.

Even Muschamp's dumb ass must see the writing on the wall. Driskel is done. We're riding with Harris the rest of the season. So what do you do to celebrate your new QB's win? You imply that he can't handle a ****ing kneel down. Or, even worse, you imply that his performance wasn't worthy enough to even finish off the game and reward another dickless performance by Driskel.

That **** seriously pissed me the **** off after an otherwise euphoric moment.

Muschamp just. doesn't. get it. And I guess he never will.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even on TV you could feel the energy level, momentum, and excitement change for Florida when the QB change was made. This is an emotional game, and the team needed a spark. They will now play for Treon and allow him to lead them. We have a chance if he runs the offense and makes good decisions. We have no chance at all with Driskel...his goodwill is used up.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n68744 said:
yeah, between the head coach and most everyone else
Exactly. I don't know why, but I am still bewildered as to how all the analysts and even former UF players with NFL experience have been saying that Driskel just does not have what it takes to be a successful QB for this team, but Muschamp REFUSES to give ground. After Driskel's abysmal performance over 3 quarters of this game, I think Muschamp knew there was a chance of him being fired a la Lane Kiffen had he left unproductive Driskel in the final quarter with a defense who was having to play nearly non stop w/o decent rest. Harris breathed life into the whole team and rallied them to this win. Do right by the team, Coach---play your best players.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n68678 said:
That was a dick move to not let Harris finish the game. Cannot believe that.

Why risk letting the starter get injured?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Guys, you do understand that JD has a lot more experience with taking under center snaps, right? I'm as big a critic of WM as there is, but that's the smart move.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n68761 said:
This.

Even Muschamp's dumb ass must see the writing on the wall. Driskel is done. We're riding with Harris the rest of the season. So what do you do to celebrate your new QB's win? You imply that he can't handle a ****ing kneel down. Or, even worse, you imply that his performance wasn't worthy enough to even finish off the game and reward another dickless performance by Driskel.

My first gut reaction was WTF? Let TH finish the game. He's the one who won it for us.

But the more I thought about it, he has been running almost exclusively with the two's. He has had very little practice with the center/QB exchange (notice they were under center and not in the shotgun). It was a good tactical decision to let JD handle the snaps. A miscue on the snap would have cost us the game. That was one time I agreed with Muchamp's safe route decision making. I saw no problem with it, after thinking about it.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n68761 said:
This.

Relax, man. Has it not occurred to you that true-freshman Treon, who was not getting a ton of reps in practice anyway, probably hasn't practiced the victory formation? That's a big deal for any quarterback, especially a freshman, but even more so for an offense that takes all of its snaps from the shotgun. And on the road.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Will from locker room ( radio) said proud of treon, wanted to take jeff out for a series , let him sit. treon had the hot hand.today.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n68785 said:
Guys, you do understand that JD has a lot more experience with taking under center snaps, right? I'm as big a critic of WM as there is, but that's the smart move.

Couldn't agree more. Right call to let Jeff take the snaps.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n68675 said:
Mushchamp was just directly asked about who starts next week. He said 'we will have to see'.

What more does he need to see? I saw almost 3 Qtrs of S**t this week and 4 Qtrs of it last week with Jeff Driskel who according to Muschamp gives us the best chance to win. The win today doesn't erase the fact that Muschamp is a complete idiot and has no business being a head coach.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n68814 said:
And yet the ball was fumbled anyway.

No, no it wasn't. Grabbing the centers arm is a dick move.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
And yet the ball was fumbled anyway. This was a dick move.

it was fumbled because it never got to JD. Noseguard grabbed centers hand before the ball was snapped.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet the ball was fumbled anyway. This was a dick move.
Wrong. The UT D-lineman knocked the ball away from our center before it was snapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.