Let the QB controversy begin: Will Mushchamp start Harris?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n68922 said:
HE FUMBLED THE FRIGGIN' BALL!!!

Driskel even managed to **** up a kneel down. He's a cancer to the team. period.

He did not.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Driskel even managed to **** up a kneel down. He's a cancer to the team. period.

Idiotic post - especially given that UT was penalized for slapping the center's arm prior to the snap.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

What?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Let's hope this isn't just a bandaid bench. Treon has the team. They blocked better, they played harder, and they just performed to potential. That needs to be permanent

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Nothing has changed for me,, chump still needs to go. I will enjoy this win. Whooooo! Go gators

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Where you watching the game? Driskell sucks and all, but that's not what happened.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry fellas. Don't see it. The coaches have been saying Driskel "gives us the best chance to win" for weeks. You think they suddenly changed their minds? Driskel starts next week.

At the very least, don't get your hopes up about Harris until it's actually announced he's starting. You may be waiting a while. A long while.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
oxrageous;n68969 said:
Sorry fellas. Don't see it. The coaches have been saying Driskel "gives us the best chance to win" for weeks. You think they suddenly changed their minds? Driskel starts next week.

At the very least, don't get your hopes up about Harris until it's actually announced he's starting. You may be waiting a while. A long while.
Muschamp and Roper also said earlier this week that there was no plan to play 2 QBs, and that changed. So I'm not too worried about Muschamp being a lunatic by starting Driskel.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I'm sure recruits will be tweeting him all week who they want to see play. #2 player in country, DE Bryon Cowart Tweeted he might switch to TE to play with Harris

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont have a problem with drisco taking the kneel down, doesnt matter to me. It is funny though that the logic given for it is that he has had more practice or experience doing that than Treon. I'm pretty sure you could say that about every play in the playbook, yet we want Treon out there for all those :scratchchin:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Harris will start, but if he doesn't he will at least get significant playing time. Not saying that's good enough. Harris should definitely be the starter, but I'm honestly still impressed that he made the call to take Driskel out today. Didn't think he would.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just not that worried about who starts because now there is actual proof that WM will yank JD and that TH will get to play under the right circumstances. He has proved himself able to handle it. WM wants to continue winning and therefore coaching. So I'm inclined to believe the leash will, indeed, be short. But it's not inconceivable that TH could start.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There would be a lynch mob if Harris didn't start against LSU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n69212 said:
There would be a lynch mob if Harris didn't start against LSU.
Better get your torch out, because that's what's going to happen.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
There is absolutely no reason to start Jeff or play two QB's. It is clear that the ENTIRE team is behind Treon. He needs all of the first team snaps this week to develop a game plan that suits his running skills and throwing abilities. Treon is going to be very good in the running game which will open up the read option play fake. We know he can toss it around so I think he will be very effective in this offense. His deep ball was on the money today, Dunbar just got tangled up with the DB. Heck it was just nice to see our play caller have enough balls to throw deep instead running up the gut one more time.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
oxrageous;n69215 said:

oxrageous;n69215 said:

If it happens I bet our fans will boo Driskel every snap.......

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n69235 said:
I agree, I think it would get ugly real quick if he runs Driskel out against LSU in the Swamp.

If it happens I bet our fans will boo Driskel every snap.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.