GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thomas Goldkamp said:
oxrageous;n30576 said:
Thomas, you're getting dangerously close to criticism here. You're risking your access.

I figure if they didn't cut me off for trying to sneak into the open practice for season ticket holders only I'm probably good. :gah:
Haha so I'm guessing they caught you?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
601Gator;n30655 said:
Very, very good points. People forget that you can take some of the load off the OL. I've been hearing of Humphries' struggles but he's been going against Fowler every play and we can always add Joyer or Ajagbe to that side to chip. I think we'll actually be better than any year under Muschamp as far as pass protection goes this year.

Great assessment and I'll even go further. What about the effect Mike Summers coaching the OL. All we have talked about is depth and keeping them healthy which are all valid points. But since Davis' departure and Summers arrival they are probably getting some of the best coaching while at UF. And as you have said they will need to coach to strengths and weaknesses. That's where I think Roper's offensive scheme and Summers' Coaching abilities will yield benefits. Do I think we'll be better yes. Injuries will be an issue if we have them. To the point of Toast, we'll see.
The former O line coach had one of the best offensive lines in college previously.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n30781 said:
I don't know if Tommy Jordan was a "good one". We had some awful O line recruiting the last year of Urban and the 1st 2 years of Muschamp. Projects and non-SEC level athletes on the o-line. Hell, our biggest recruit, Humphries is average. I think Sharpe may be our first elite O-lineman in 5 years. Although I wouldn't write off Rod Johnson. Chaz Green has always teetered on elite but never crossed that line IMO. Maybe this year.

True, you don't know until they hit the field, however he was projected to be and the little he could practice before the series of surgeries that ended him he was doing very well. It's kinda like Jackson, he was actually ahead of Johnson and was expected to contribute and even challenge for a starting position before he went down.I agree with you in general about the O line recruiting, it's been going on for 6-7 years, but I wouldn't write off Hump yet, He's got excellent footwork and did well as a true FR at 250 or so, last year I would write off. To me it's a little unfair to tar the kid when he played with a bum knee, it had to have hampered his movement.I personally think that he needs to learn how to use his weight and strength rather than his size like he did in HS.And Sharpe and Johnson I think are the genesis of what our line will look like in the future especially with the new recruits coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.