Looks like we'll have a few 2022 rule changes for football

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dear vol fans,

I told you so.

The NCAA Football Rules Committee considered several in-game options to address this, including altering the injury timeout rule to remove the injured student-athlete for more than one play. Currently, an injured player is required to sit out one play. This concept was debated at length, but the committee was concerned with the additional issues that could be created and did not want to encourage players to continue to participate when injured.”

All the best,

sofla

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Lane Kiffin is going to lose several time outs a game. That prick LOVED this practice.

Deceptive injury timeouts have also been addressed.

To address teams that are awarded an injury timeout through deceptive actions, panel members approved a reporting and investigation process. Schools and conferences will be able to report questionable scenarios to the national coordinator of officials, who will review and provide feedback to the conference for further action. Any penalties levied would be up to the conference office or school involved.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Targeting, & fake injuries are among the changes.

NCAA announces 2022 football rule changes

Those new rules fall into one of two categories:
1) not consistently and repeatably enforceable due to being up to the perception of the referees on the field at the time
2) stupid. they take away from the sport that used to be known as "football"

I guess that means that all of the rules fall under rule 2 above.

I'd like to see them get rid of:
- ineligible lineman down field
- ejections for targeting

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those new rules fall into one of two categories:
1) not consistently and repeatably enforceable due to being up to the perception of the referees on the field at the time
2) stupid. they take away from the sport that used to be known as "football"

I guess that means that all of the rules fall under rule 2 above.

I'd like to see them get rid of:
- ineligible lineman down field
- ejections for targeting

Why in the name of Grapthar’s Hammer would you want to get rid of the lineman downfield penalty?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the name of Grapthar’s Hammer would you want to get rid of the lineman downfield penalty?

I like how nonchalant it was. Just tacked on at the end of the post like a "by the way" addendum:

"You know what I'd really like to see? I'd like to see them change the entire fundamentals of the game by allowing lineman downfield on passing plays. Maybe do away with pass interference and offsides while we're at it. I don't know, I'm just spit-balling here."

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I like how nonchalant it was. Just tacked on at the end of the post like a "by the way" addendum:

"You know what I'd really like to see? I'd like to see them change the entire fundamentals of the game by allowing lineman downfield on passing plays. Maybe do away with pass interference and offsides while we're at it. I don't know, I'm just spit-balling here."
I could draw up some them thar plays. DBs would not fare well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looks like Lane Kiffin is going to lose several time outs a game. That prick LOVED this practice.

Deceptive injury timeouts have also been addressed.

To address teams that are awarded an injury timeout through deceptive actions, panel members approved a reporting and investigation process. Schools and conferences will be able to report questionable scenarios to the national coordinator of officials, who will review and provide feedback to the conference for further action. Any penalties levied would be up to the conference office or school involved.

It would be reviewed, if reported, after the fact and even if determined to be “deceptive” would have no bearing on the game in which it occurs.

Sober up.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

I hate it when they complete a pass on one side and it's called back for an ineligible lineman down field on the opposite side. How in Granpthars Hammer does it matter than Todd Johnson, a 300 lb white lineman from Idaho is wandering around a mere 3 yards down field unblocked affect the play on the opposite harsh mark?

I know all of you have accepted this long standing rule as fact but it was a new rule at one point and it's absolutely stupid. :mad:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I hate it when they complete a pass on one side and it's called back for an ineligible lineman down field on the opposite side. How in Granpthars Hammer does it matter than Todd Johnson, a 300 lb white lineman from Idaho is wandering around a mere 3 yards down field unblocked affect the play on the opposite harsh mark?

I know all of you have accepted this long standing rule as fact but it was a new rule at one point and it's absolutely stupid. :mad:
Not sure what the difference is between Todd Johnson and Alonzo Johnson is . Why even make this a race issue. Just ****ed up in my opinion.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not sure what the difference is between Todd Johnson and Alonzo Johnson is . Why even make this a race issue. Just ****ed up in my opinion.

You know what, phukk you too! If I would have said a black lineman was wandering around you would have said I was inferring they were stupid. If I would have left off the race all together, you'd have never responded and then I'd have nobody to talk to.

So, are you currently wearing anything racist?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
You know what, phukk you too! If I would have said a black lineman was wandering around you would have said I was inferring they were stupid. If I would have left off the race all together, you'd have never responded and then I'd have nobody to talk to.

So, are you currently wearing anything racist?
Bite me suck me and lick me, bitch.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
07407588-6ae9-4e88-b8cb-e71a92dcf3ea_text.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, that escalated quickly. I got a chuckle out of the faking injuries one too.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Todd Johnson was a Safety, so I think you've had enough to drink tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.