Looks like we'll have a few 2022 rule changes for football

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If by perfect your mean written in a manner that suggests a semi-downs koala was involved in its planning then yes, definitely perfect.
Seriously how is that not perfect? It's fair to everyone and keeps the player safety in check? If a player fakes an injury are you really opposed to making him sit for 2 or 3 minutes of the game clock, and by the same token if it were a legitimate cramp it's going to take at least 4 or 5 minutes to work it out...If it's just a "ding type" injury it would probably be better to have that player sit for at least 5 minutes or so instead of rushing back in and making a small injury worse, right?

This rule would do everything. Bring back integrity, protect the players and put all teams on a equal playing field regarding rules. BTW I never remember our team taking advantage of faking injury....so why are you defending it so hard?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seriously how is that not perfect? It's fair to everyone and keeps the player safety in check? If a player fakes an injury are you really opposed to making him sit for 2 or 3 minutes of the game clock, and by the same token if it were a legitimate cramp it's going to take at least 4 or 5 minutes to work it out...If it's just a "ding type" injury it would probably be better to have that player sit for at least 5 minutes or so instead of rushing back in and making a small injury worse, right?

This rule would do everything. Bring back integrity, protect the players and put all teams on a equal playing field regarding rules. BTW I never remember our team taking advantage of faking injury....so why are you defending it so hard?

Dude, read again. I thought I was pretty clear that your suggestion was indeed perfect.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Actually the best way to do it would be if a player cannot leave the field under his own power requiring clock stoppage they must at least be taken off the field(locker room or at least the tent)and the training staff has to issue a preliminary injury report to the officials before the player can return. If they issue a cramping report then the player must sit out a "hydration period" of a few minutes(game clock) or so....Any other injury requiring clock stoppage and the player must sit out for his own safety(again assuming he cannot leave the field without stopping the clock) for the next half.

Perfect, huh?

That’s perfectly reasonable. I like it.

Cramps do come on suddenly. It’s rare, but I’ve had a calf cramp up in the middle of the night while asleep. Hurts like hell until it eases up. Once it does ease up it’s fine - but is it ready for sprinting etc.? Maybe, maybe not. A hydration rule is all about player safety. Requiring a report at least puts someone on record.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I hate it when they complete a pass on one side and it's called back for an ineligible lineman down field on the opposite side. How in Granpthars Hammer does it matter than Todd Johnson, a 300 lb white lineman from Idaho is wandering around a mere 3 yards down field unblocked affect the play on the opposite harsh mark?

I know all of you have accepted this long standing rule as fact but it was a new rule at one point and it's absolutely stupid. :mad:
Because the play was designed to go to the receiver over there, but EJ was locked on to a guy in quadruple coverage on the other side of the field. Duh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.