Luke Del Rio wasn't good enough for Oregon State, but can he save Gators' offense?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Looking at the question posed in the thread title I would hope that LDR isn't counted on to save this offense. Yes, he needs to able to do what it takes to operate this offense but I for one don't want to see any one player be the only difference between success and failure this year. I want to see an offensive line that is on par with what it takes to move the ball either on the ground or through the air. I want to see a QB who doesn't have to rely on his arm strength to make plays....I want to see a guy who knows where to go with the ball to move the sticks......I want to see more than 1 or 2 receivers/TE's who can get open and catch the ball....I want to see RB's who can not only run with the ball but also block in pass protection and have good enough hands to be involved in the passing game....just say no to anymore "one player makes or breaks the season"....I guess I should also mention that if the need arises I want to see a back up QB who won't make us alter our offense when called upon....

Yeah. And I want to see wins.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
It is time that Mike Bianchi (mental zero that he is) and everyone else gave Coach Mac some credit. For those who have already forgotten, last year Coach Mac took a offensively-challenged team, even dealing with mid-season crises with Will Grier, and swept the SEC East. If the QB's this year can be anywhere near as productive as last years misfits, the Gators will be on their way to Atlanta once again. I have confidence that this years QB's and the offense as a whole will be much better than last season.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Del Rio can be a serviceable QB in this offense. I have little doubt about it. I don't envision the greatest comeback in football, but the kid is capable of sticking it to Gary Andersen and proving some people wrong.

First we have to realize that the success of any QB in McElwain's offense will be affected greatly by the efficiency of the running game. I'm not talking about running the ball a bunch. I'm talking about having a healthy yards per carry average. We can throw more than run if we want, but we must be effective when we do run.

Better than five yards per carry should be expected in any offense. I believe we were well under that number last season. A QB has no chance in this conference without an effective ground attack. Especially a prostyle QB. None.

Del Rio can't save the offense on his own. It will be a collective effort.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Super post, Zodiac. You didn't get that stuff from your dog, did you ?
A first post that spoke valid football conclusions.
You're good for guidance.
Post routinely now, will ya ?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Del Rio can be a serviceable QB in this offense. I have little doubt about it. I don't envision the greatest comeback in football, but the kid is capable of sticking it to Gary Andersen and proving some people wrong.

First we have to realize that the success of any QB in McElwain's offense will be affected greatly by the efficiency of the running game. I'm not talking about running the ball a bunch. I'm talking about having a healthy yards per carry average. We can throw more than run if we want, but we must be effective when we do run.

Better than five yards per carry should be expected in any offense. I believe we were well under that number last season. A QB has no chance in this conference without an effective ground attack. Especially a prostyle QB. None.

If you are The Zodiac, you are older than sin. If just released from the pen, please stay away from old habits. Busy yourself with GC posts and Pokemon Go. Peace.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

I swear this isn't me under a new username.....He actually uses paragraphs.....Great first post, Dude.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Erin Andrews & Jenn Brown more than make up for the mistake though
You said Erin Andrews and a feel I must oblige:
Erin-Andrews.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics