Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tag man, PLEASE give it a rest. We believe you that you're onboard with the team. Your original post was a legit point and it got answered. Even if that answer was a bit snarky, nobody noticed until you made an issue out of it. We're just on this thread to hear what's going on with recruiting. You're killing the vibe with your rant.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n127936 said:
Tag man, PLEASE give it a rest. We believe you that you're onboard with the team. Your original post was a legit point and it got answered. Even if that answer was a bit snarky, nobody noticed until you made an issue out of it. We're just on this thread to hear what's going on with recruiting. You're killing the vibe with your rant.

What rant?

Lord, what a bunch of little bitches we've become.... :facepalm:

***gatorj should have never labeled him a troll, that was :bsflag:

:brad:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: Florida offered #Canes RB commit Mark Walton after his big performance in the state championship game on Saturday. #Gators

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember if those were mostly players Zook had got to commit before he was fired that Meyer kept when he took over and got that 15th ranked class I think it was or was it mostly guys not committed at that point?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is visiting Martez Ivey, Jalen Merrick, and Christian Pellage today according to Zach.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;127952 said:
@LukeStampini: Miami RB commit Jordan Scarlett says he probably would visit #UF if asked (VIP) [video]http://florida.247sports.com/Article/RB-Jordan-Scarlett-says-he-probably-would-visit-UF-if-asked-33674145[/video] via @247Sports #Gators

Well that's unexpected. I thought for sure that Dexter would be the one that would be interested.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like he is really on top of it. 1 week to go to make an early impression.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n127786 said:
Conversation between Tyler and CeCe:

@cecejeferson7: @tyjordan58 what do you think of coach Mac?

@tyjordan58: @cecejeferson7 love him man. Great coach. Good fit for you🐊🐊🐊🐊

This is what we need...please come here CeCe

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;127952 said:
@LukeStampini: Miami RB commit Jordan Scarlett says he probably would visit #UF if asked (VIP) [video]http://florida.247sports.com/Article/RB-Jordan-Scarlett-says-he-probably-would-visit-UF-if-asked-33674145[/video] via @247Sports #Gators

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...player/evaluation/_/id/170853/jordan-scarlett

Vision/Patience
More of a one-cut and get North type of runner. Locates the downhill crease and hits it in a decisive style. Not a runner that is going to bounce and stretch for big gainers or make the sudden cut through tight seams.

BOTTOM LINE: Scarlett is a big, well-rounded RB who can handle high carries and be consistent with production. A bit tight through the hips at times, but is a back who will fit well in a downhill running scheme at the next level

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is all good news.. it will be really good once some guys start committing.. it seems like in a lot of ways recruiting has momentum and if we can start getting some positive momentum and become a hot recruiting story you may see guys really flipping to UF. It's hard on a coach without a staff to recruit, so it will be interesting to see what he does in regards to naming a staff.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
tarjf;127985 said:
The Francois kid that is committed to FSU

Eh. But we do need a quarterback in this class.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n127988 said:
Eh. But we do need a quarterback in this class.

Need... I don't know that it is the highest need we have, but it definitely is a need... we only have 2 real QBs on the roster. It's completely possible that in a year or two one of them transfer. It's possible that Grier has 2 great years or Treon has 2 great years and leaves early... You really want more depth at the QB position if possible.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If anyone needed evidence of how badly we needed a new coach the complete collapse of our recruiting prospect pool should be all you need. I have high hopes that Coach Mac will be able to salvage some remnants of a decent recruiting drive in the short time he has available. The real test of course will be next year after he shows what type of program he's put together. Being optimistic for once sure is refreshing instead of the sense of dread I've been feeling over the past two years. The lack of QB's is unconscionable and sits squarely on the shoulders of Champer's failed tenure. Ok, that's it. No more talk from me about our past coach's failures. That dead horse needs to be buried.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
GatorJ;n127965 said:
CeCe and/or Cowart committing would jumpstart this class.

I think both will commit to us. I also think McElwain's history of using great RB's at Alabama will entice one of the top RB's to commit to us as well. Throwout the fact Julio Jones was a top receiver while they were run dominated at Alabama and we may also land a big time WR.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed he's doged every question about the type of offense he will run. I guess recruiting should at least clue us into pro style vs spread especially with QB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;127992 said:
Need... I don't know that it is the highest need we have, but it definitely is a need... we only have 2 real QBs on the roster. It's completely possible that in a year or two one of them transfer. It's possible that Grier has 2 great years or Treon has 2 great years and leaves early... You really want more depth at the QB position if possible.

I agree that we need a quarterback in this class. I'm not so sold on him as the quarterback for this class. But it's relatively late to the game and we do need to add somebody for depth.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So has any kids flipped/committed to us since the hiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator