Mac and Company on the Trail

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We have 5 of the top 25? That is a HUGE improvement over last year, where we signed 5 of the top 60.

Inexcusable to have 4 out of state programs pulling in more (or equal) than we are. Seriously, WTF are they doing in Gainesville? They need to stop spending all these resources on out of state players. If we get a few, that's great (especially kids from Georgia). But to spend time in California and Michigan and other ridiculously far away states is - essentially - a waste of time. Get 20 of 25 of your recruits from our own state and we should be in great shape EVERY year. It's not rocket science.
The reason they are spending so much time "out of state" is because they have no chance to pull the instate kids. They are getting killed in Florida! BTW...those 5 top 25 (instate) kids we've landed is in the last 2 yrs. That's piss poor!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They are making videos because they are fun and these kids are 18. They get to do some acting and have their friends be part of them... maybe the drive a nice car.. why not do a commitment video if Bleacher Report is going to pay for it and help produce it.

If I am a senior in HS I do it and I pick the school I think I will go to, but if I want to change my mind.. I do that... it is a big choice and kids have to do what is right for them.

Making a big deal of your commitment (a "look at me" thing) with a video production, only to turn around and decommit is a really bad look IMO. Of course they have to do what's best for them, but if you aren't sure where you're going, you probably shouldn't have all the hoopla around your commitment.

That said, I hope Herbert changes his mind and picks the good guys :grin:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Making a big deal of your commitment (a "look at me" thing) with a video production, only to turn around and decommit is a really bad look IMO. Of course they have to do what's best for them, but if you aren't sure where you're going, you probably shouldn't have all the hoopla around your commitment.

Bleacher Report most likely pushes them to do it on the date Bleacher Report wants and if the kids want the fun of doing a video they have to meet that date.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bleacher Report most likely pushes them to do it on the date Bleacher Report wants and if the kids want the fun of doing a video they have to meet that date.

If that's the case then I'll take it back. "Arrogant" may have been a strong word regardless, but I still think the need for attention gets old.

Sep 29, 2015

If Herbert does change his mind then those BR videos become the kiss of death for the school chosen in the video. Would be too funny, but a sad commentary on this generation. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Yeah, probably that.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If Herbert does change his mind then those BR videos become the kiss of death for the school chosen in the video. Would be too funny, but a sad commentary on this generation. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Yeah, probably that.

I'm in my mid-20s and I don't like it :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're out of the hunt (not that we we're ever in it to begin with) for Leatherwood.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...lex-leatherwood-no-longer-sees-school-alabama
Really 3 scenarios:

We were never in it, which I do doubt. Not that he'd come here, but if the trip went well, he'd use the dead period for peace and quiet and then enroll at Bama. I think he had genuine interests.

Or Mac completely shyt the bed again. This is entirely possible. He realized that UF wouldn't work and needed no more time.

Less likely...far far less likely, he's pulling a Fowler. Get the Bama coaches off his back and roll into UF under the radar.

Who are we kidding, Mac shyt the bed

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So we're rolling out the same tired "you'll play early" shtick that doesn't seem to really work on the top kids. Maybe our coaches need to realize that kids like leatherwood will play early regardless of where they go b/c they are that good. Try something else... what you're doing doesn't work, and I'm tired of reading about how you keep doing it despite the result.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like mac made quite the impression on leatherwood. Reminds me of when Byron Cowart left his OV early. Kids just do not like Mac.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So we're rolling out the same tired "you'll play early" shtick that doesn't seem to really work on the top kids. Maybe our coaches need to realize that kids like leatherwood will play early regardless of where they go b/c they are that good. Try something else... what you're doing doesn't work, and I'm tired of reading about how you keep doing it despite the result.
Maybe Mac needs to take himself off the trail because he was Leatherwood's primary recruiter for over a year...yet he whiffed yet again!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I've seen a couple quotes from top kids that basically say that because they are so good they will play anyhow. So they could care less about some empty promise of PT.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was told here that Mac and co will get stidham and leatherwood.

I was told here that this was going to happen in order to save summers' and nusschamp's jobs.

I was told here that if these two kids don't land here, those 2 coaches will be fired.

I'm still waiting... :confused:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I was told here that Mac and co will get stidham and leatherwood.

I was told here that this was going to happen in order to save summers' and nusschamp's jobs.

I was told here that if these two kids don't land here, those 2 coaches will be fired.

I'm still waiting... :confused:

These jobs should not be contingent upon landing any recruits. They needed to be fired yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator