Mac and Company on the Trail

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I was told here that Mac and co will get stidham and leatherwood.

I was told here that this was going to happen in order to save summers' and nusschamp's jobs.

I was told here that if these two kids don't land here, those 2 coaches will be fired.

I'm still waiting... :confused:
I mean if we don't make a big time finish and move some coaches, this is Macs last year. I will make a bet on it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
These jobs should not be contingent upon landing any recruits. They needed to be fired yesterday.
Well for the time being I almost wish they were... b/c these fools would all be sent packing if they were. Bunch of non-recruiting sob's! :mad:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're out of the hunt (not that we we're ever in it to begin with) for Leatherwood.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...lex-leatherwood-no-longer-sees-school-alabama

Disappointing to hear. But this was telling:

The correct message he was looking to hear was how other schools could help develop him better than offensive line coach Mario Cristobal.

So to be fair, what could we say? We have not developed any OL here in a long time.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So we're rolling out the same tired "you'll play early" shtick that doesn't seem to really work on the top kids. Maybe our coaches need to realize that kids like leatherwood will play early regardless of where they go b/c they are that good. Try something else... what you're doing doesn't work, and I'm tired of reading about how you keep doing it despite the result.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
They are making videos because they are fun and these kids are 18. They get to do some acting and have their friends be part of them... maybe the drive a nice car.. why not do a commitment video if Bleacher Report is going to pay for it and help produce it.

If I am a senior in HS I do it and I pick the school I think I will go to, but if I want to change my mind.. I do that... it is a big choice and kids have to do what is right for them.

Okay....but why did you quote me? I didn't complain about anyone making a video.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I mean if we don't make a big time finish and move some coaches, this is Macs last year. I will make a bet on it.
Next season will be his last regardless. Id rather see guys keep their jobs one more year.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You mean 2017 will be his last year. And even that I wouldn't bet on yet if I were you. Mac is going to get next year if only for monetary reasons and lack of candidates. Stricklin is not making that decision this year. However next year the Bull Gator cacophony could get quite loud.

Unless there is an epiphany on offense we could see 4 losses by open date and another 2-3 after.
Michigan
cupcake
Tenn
KY
Vandy

LSU
aTm

open
UGA
Mizz
USCe
cupcake

F$U

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think USCe will be a tough one... I hate saying it but I'm starting to think Muschamp is assembling the pieces for a decent offense. That qb they have is gonna be a good one and they are recruiting well. Jawja is a toss-up; if kerbs turns out to be muschamp redux then we are fine. If their offense with Eason plays well next year we are in trouble.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The UK streak is definitely in jeopardy, and with the momentum Vandy has, that one is far from an automatic W either.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the terps powerhouse football program was just too appealing? I question their level of intelligence with that decision.
I think intelligence (grades) was a big factor of where they ended up; that and staying closer to home.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think USCe will be a tough one... I hate saying it but I'm starting to think Muschamp is assembling the pieces for a decent offense. That qb they have is gonna be a good one and they are recruiting well. Jawja is a toss-up; if kerbs turns out to be muschamp redux then we are fine. If their offense with Eason plays well next year we are in trouble.
Seems like he's going to let Roper have more freedom. That's going to help him keep a job there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Agree. With the state of our offense (and program in general), no game is a gimme in the SEC.

Kirby and Muschamp took their lumps w/ freshman QBs. Now they have experience and will go into next year ready to compete (vs. breaking in). If we start a freshman we'll be taking our lumps (hell, we'd be taking lumps no matter who the QB is as bad as we are offensively).

Our only hope is that the freshman QB is not absolutely terrible (like LDR, AA, and Treon) and that our OL is better simply due to their coming of age.

Otherwise, UGA and USCe are toss-ups (UGA is a toss up as it is), Tenn is a toss-up (they'll have a new QB plus other issues w/ that coaching staff), Kentucky & Vandy certainly won't roll over (but should be wins), Texas A&M is better than we are right now, LSU will still have a ton of talent and should be improved on offense (while we'll be worse on defense), Michigan and FSU will roll us. 7-5 at best next year....6-6 most likely.....5-7 could be reality.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tennessee lands 3-star DE from Miami Southridge. Why is this kid not coming to UF? We have 1 DE in this class:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/sack-machine-commits-to-tennessee/

Tennessee just added a defensive end to its 2017 recruiting class who knows a thing or two about getting to the quarterback as Deandre Johnson (Miami Southridge HS / Miami, Fl.) has committed to the Vols after racking up an impressive 15 sacks as a senior this past season.

I'm A Vol Baby !! #GBO #VLF
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
pic.twitter.com/4shmMoXNOF

— Deandre Johnson (@dreday_17) December 12, 2016

“Being there I felt comfortable,” Johnson said to 247Sports . “The people are great and I’m a fit there.”

Johnson (6-foot-3, 240 pounds) is graded as a three-star and the No. 41 player at his position. He picked Tennessee over South Carolina and Mississippi State, among others.

“I’m going to bring some fire and some swag,” Johnson said. “I’m going to work my butt off and get better and better.”

A Mississippi State commit all the way up to Sunday, Johnson becomes the 26th member of coach Butch Jones’ 2017 class, which ranks 11th nationally and 6th in the SEC.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Juco OT D'Marcus Hayes just flipped us the finger and committed to UGA. We've been on this dude hard for months while UGA just recently offered. Mac and co are absolutely getting WORKED on the recruiting trail by every damn one of our Rivals. Smfh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator