Mac and Company on the Trail

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if kids start not looking at UF because of the way they treated Robinson. I tweeted at Stricklin, Florida Football, and UF. I have seen others tweet at Fuchs... I think that is a good way to go.

There is always the possibility there is more to this story, but nobody has heard it yet.

I want you to know I thought that the optics of rejecting Robinson like that might have some rebound affect on other recruits.

I don't agree with it.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Why are we playing these out in such a public manner, it just makes us look that much worse? But I'm sure the real reason is we have more leaks in the UAA than the ships at the bottom of pearl harbor.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wyatt is going to South carolina.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Why are we playing these out in such a public manner, it just makes us look that much worse? But I'm sure the real reason is we have more leaks in the UAA than the ships at the bottom of pearl harbor.

We always hear close to signing day who is and who is not getting a NLOI to sign. I do not view this as any more public than any other year.

I hope Robinson delaying might let things calm down and he can convince UF to take him? He was down to OSU who backed out, OU who is probably not taking any controversial recruits right now and UF. I think he is smart to not sign right away.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We always hear close to signing day who is and who is not getting a NLOI to sign. I do not view this as any more public than any other year.

I hope Robinson delaying might let things calm down and he can convince UF to take him? He was down to OSU who backed out, OU who is probably not taking any controversial recruits right now and UF. I think he is smart to not sign right away.

@_StunnaJayy_: Recruiting is opened

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Boy I hope Conliffe picks UF tomorrow. I really like a 305 lbs guy who has a face:

4_4273819.jpg

this skinny.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Boy I hope Conliffe picks UF tomorrow. I really like a 305 lbs guy who has a face:

4_4273819.jpg

this skinny.

He looked huge in the UF uniform when he was on his visit. Not only big, but athletic looking (for a guy that size). Most HS age kids that size are a little soft and need some time in a college level weight program. I hope we land him as well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He looked huge in the UF uniform when he was on his visit. Not only big, but athletic looking (for a guy that size). Most HS age kids that size are a little soft and need some time in a college level weight program. I hope we land him as well.

I did not see those pictures. Can you post one here?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How do you know this?
Every gamecock insider has crystal balled him there recently. He's been favoring them for a while as far as i can tell. One gator has recently picked him for uf but apparently he's not taken very seriously on tos. Malik young has a couple crystal ball picks to us recently though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I did not see those pictures. Can you post one here?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/elijah-conliffe-florida-gators-football-recruiting-visit

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Elijah Conliffe was one of four uncommitted recruits who officially visited Florida last weekend.

The 4-star defensive tackle from Hampton, Va., received an offer from the Gators on Dec. 27 and decided to check them out this month.

“I had a good time on my visit. I give it a 9.5 out of 10,” Conliffe said. “My favorite part was being around the coaches and players. I also liked seeing their facilities and the new stuff they have coming. The people are really truthful and that stuck out to me.”

Defensive tackle is one of the biggest needs for UF in the Class of 2017. Gators defensive line coach Chris Rumph highlighted Florida’s lack of depth at Conliffe’s position.

“Coach Rumph told me they really need defensive tackles and that I’m in a really good position to come in and play,” Conliffe said. “He thinks that I’m more of a nose guard and he was showing me some film of how I would fit into that position.”

upYU3vr1sVnOJFeA.jpg

Follow
Elijah Conliffe @ElijahPrime

Ayyeeee
1f40a.png
2764.png

3:48 PM - 22 Jan 2017

UF offensive guard Richerd Desir-Jones and defensive tackle Kyree Campbell both hosted Conliffe on his visit. Campbell is the lone DT commit in Florida’s class and enrolled in January.

“Kyree was telling me that he’s really enjoying being there and he likes it,” Conliffe said. “He told me he would like to have me playing beside him down there. All of the players were real welcoming to me.”

Conliffe has previously visited Penn State and Tennessee. He’ll take a trip to Louisville this weekend and then make his decision at the end of the month.

“Florida is up there for me,” he said. “I’m committing on Jan. 31 and my finalists are those four schools.”

Screen-Shot-2016-02-12-at-4.23.21-PM_ba7xqz.png

Florida, Louisville, Penn State and Tennessee are the finalists for 4-star DT Elijah Conliffe. (Photo by 247 Sports)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Report: 3-star DE Abule Abadi commits to Kentucky
ANDREW ASTLEFORD
SEC Country Staff

More stories by Andrew Astleford

Kentucky reportedly has added to its recruiting class.

As reported by 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow on Monday night, three-star defensive end Abule Abadi has committed to the Wildcats. Abadi visited Kentucky over the weekend, per Bartow. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound athlete from Lakeland, Fla., is rated as the nation’s No. 188 prospect by 247Sports’ composite rankings

Abadi chose the Wildcats over five schools, including Florida and Florida International. He’s the 24th commitment of Kentucky’s 2017 class.

Was this kid really a potential member of the class or was he a backburner option? He's being touted as a big pick up for UK and "they beat out SEC East rival Florida for his services".

I'm not in favor of taking too many of these types, but at 6'7 250 he could have been a heck of a project if he grew into the position by his sophmore year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Was this kid really a potential member of the class or was he a backburner option? He's being touted as a big pick up for UK and "they beat out SEC East rival Florida for his services".

I'm not in favor of taking too many of these types, but at 6'7 250 he could have been a heck of a project if he grew into the position by his sophmore year.

Right, I was hoping there might be room for him in this class too, because I really liked his highlight tape. If I were UK I would be on pins and needles about UF having a spot suddenly come open late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.