Mac and Company on the Trail

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On the trail, Mac's taking along James Taylor to sing "You've Got a Friend". = Diplomacy 'savoir-flair'.

UF will develop higher Macademic standards sooner/better than taking the round-about way of hiring
another 'gig in a poke'. Factor in that possibility with its 4-10 year further setback.?? Granted, Mac must
ASAP replace mediocre coaches with coaches of 'natural' skills at recruiting, teaching/developing, and
'firing-up' Gator players
- cogs in the gears of on-going years of repeat Gator-dominance.
'Natural skills' first nature not second nature, so no hypocrisy can deflect these young kids.
(Out of the box = marking WMU HC Fleck to watch, to let know we're looking for a way to make him
part of our Gator future ? ... How about inspecting if Kerwin Bell can improve UF's operations?)

Also, I'd sure would like to witness some thinking & acting out of the box ... see some o' that here on GC
as well. Thinking out of the box may just be the only fun we can have while our FB program is limping so.??

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
It is a sound plan. Why do you have to be so critical.

Next year is our fourth year so it will work every time next year.
dfdba6c299f85ecd22f2c7821ddb5d90.png

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Florida offered Winter Park (Fla.) two-way athlete Jordan Pouncey as a cornerback over the summer after then defensive coordinator Geoff Collins loved his ability on that side of the ball. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound preferred wide receiver and eventually committed to Notre Dame. Pouncey just backed off that pledge, and since Collins' departure from UF, the Gators have been recruiting Pouncey as a wide receiver.

Pouncey is high on Miami as well as Texas at this time. He has remained in contact with the Gators throughout the fall and there is a chance UF once again becomes a serious player in his recruitment down the stretch.

Per the 247Sports Composite rankings, Pouncey is the No. 105 wide receiver in the nation and No. 98 prospect in Florida from the class of 2017.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/VIP-Scoop-New-WR-on-the-board-for-UF-50072700

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should put the press on Robinson. Get him wrapped up and move on. I'd still go after Pouncy since we have room. Offer him a shot at WR. If he doesn't establish a role by the end of his second year in campus, move him to defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We should put the press on Robinson. Get him wrapped up and move on. I'd still go after Pouncy since we have room. Offer him a shot at WR. If he doesn't establish a role by the end of his second year in campus, move him to defense.
By all means, lets fill this class up with mediocre WRs and DBs.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

If Robinson, who I think is either an academic or discipline risk (I don't know details), flames out before Sep 2017, Pouncey might be a good plan B.

I think Green and Robinson would be a great WR duo in this class, though. I hope it works out!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

:scratchhead:

I thought he was a 4* ?

Besides this one is right up your alley... Aren't you always talking about how SOS didn't need to recruit no stinking DB's.?. That he would just move non producing WRs over to defense.?. This is a 4 star athlete that wants to play WR but has also already excelled on D. I mean really..... You should be getting a chub over this one...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He could be a Dunbar in the making
A guy with DB skills and hands who we play at WR? :bwahaha:

Thanks for that assist, Alky.
[GIPHY="alleyoop"]https://media2.giphy.com/media/jbiFc9bWY2xnW/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator