Mac and Company on the Trail

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Breaking news: First commit for 2018 class!

Athlete Jalynn Williams 5'11 183 (St. Petersburg, Fla.) committed to Florida.

Williams will play wide receiver for the Gators.

Williams chose Florida over six other offers.

As a junior, Williams said he had 1,400 all-purpose yards and 15 touchdowns.

"People say I'm a smart player," Williams said. "I'm a game changer. I like the big plays and touchdowns. I'm going to fit in wherever I need to."

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 44 athlete and the No. 80 prospect in Florida in the 2018 class by 247SportsComposite.

Williams is the first commit in the 2018 class for Florida.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That commit really doesn't excite me

He seems like the type of kid who can play slot receiver and be a return man. Nothing amazing, but he could be a solid contributor for us. Nice to finally at least have 1 2018 commit. He is also Top 100 in Florida.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
straight-face-bbm-smiley-.png

Gator fans excitedly react to the first instate commit for 2018.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Breaking news: First commit for 2018 class!

Athlete Jalynn Williams 5'11 183 (St. Petersburg, Fla.) committed to Florida.

Williams will play wide receiver for the Gators.

Williams chose Florida over six other offers.

As a junior, Williams said he had 1,400 all-purpose yards and 15 touchdowns.

"People say I'm a smart player," Williams said. "I'm a game changer. I like the big plays and touchdowns. I'm going to fit in wherever I need to."

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 44 athlete and the No. 80 prospect in Florida in the 2018 class by 247SportsComposite.

Williams is the first commit in the 2018 class for Florida.

I'll take a Florida athlete over any other state's athlete.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Devonte Wyatt a possible filp to us from uga. 3* DT 6'4 300 lbs
Its a vip article w' his pic on the home page. At this point who knows what is going to happen w' this staff.
Go Gators!!!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's a beast. 5 star now?
He's good. Best back in Florida so I read. He's a 3* only because his grades slipped and he had to miss the season and go to prep school so he's less "visible" to recruiting services. He lost a star.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's good. Best back in Florida so I read. He's a 3* only because his grades slipped and he had to miss the season and go to prep school so he's less "visible" to recruiting services. He lost a star.

One of the top three backs in this class

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully. He brought his grades up enough to go back to his normal school.

I really hope he makes it in. I think he could be a game changer day one with his speed and power. Even if it is just special teams, we need guys who can take it the distance.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is he going to get in here?
He's gotta get is ACT score up - how much up, I don't know. Standardized tests can be a real issue for some. Hopefully he's practicing these types of tests as that really does help in the long run. I never studied for them back in my day :eek:ldman: (I didn't even know you could study for a standardized test), but I was always pretty good about eliminating the wrong answers and choosing the right ones.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw this on another board:

Clemson OT Jake Fruhmorgen may transfer to UF.

He was injured mid-season and missed the rest of the year (he was a starter). Kid is from Tampa and of course, we didn't get him.

There's apparently some smoke to this. He may be able to get a waiver to play immediately.

Some news on this out of Clemson:

http://www.wyff4.com/article/clemsons-swinney-says-ol-fruhmorgen-to-transfer/8593494

CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) —

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said that one-time starting offensive lineman Jake Fruhmorgen is leaving the program.

Fruhmorgen, a 6-foot-5, 290 pound sophomore from Tampa, Florida, started the first eight games at right tackle for the national champion Tigers. However, he left the team after its win at Florida State in late October and did not return. Swinney had said Fruhmorgen was dealing with personal issues.

Swinney said in a text message Thursday that Fruhmorgen told him his intentions to leave.

Fruhmorgen was one of Clemson's top recruits before the 2015 and, combined with starting left tackle, was supposed to be a building block for the offensive line. Sean Pollard took Fruhmorgen's spot and started Monday night when the Tigers defeated No. 1 Alabama 35-31 to win a national title.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well there you go ... Mac's zen lessons can help Fruhmorgen with his personal problems, Fruh-fruh can help
Mac with his personnel problems. :exactly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator