Mac and Company on the Trail

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
"This was Jones’ first time visiting UF and it appears the Gators blew him away during his trip to Gainesville."

Well, we know he didn't meet Nord. :lol:

ergator920103

Lifetime Member
It seems like we are the Slowest moving University...Wasn’t Byrne allegedly our first choice to replace Foley?

Alabama: AL.com reports athletic director Bill Battle will step aside this week, and the Arizona Daily Star reports Arizona AD Greg Byrne will be named Alabama AD.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Wasn’t Byrne allegedly our first choice to replace Foley?

Alabama: AL.com reports athletic director Bill Battle will step aside this week, and the Arizona Daily Star reports Arizona AD Greg Byrne will be named Alabama AD.
Yup. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

He held out for an elite position.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Jimbo goes in home with him tomorrow so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Also...below is what he actually said to the media after the visit.

Jones still has official visits to UCLA, USC, Texas A&M and Florida State coming up. Is there a team standing out as he heads into this final stretch of his recruitment?

“UF,” Jones simply answered.

When pressed for clarification on if the Gators were in fact his leader, Jones replied with: “You can say that if you want to call it a leader or whatever.”

He then went on to explain himself.

“I haven’t gone out to see Florida State. I’ve been to UCLA and USC, but that was over spring break, so none of the players were there. I didn’t get to mingle with them. I have met all the coaches and stuff.

“I would basically say UF has the edge because I’ve been there first.”

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Here's some info on Robinson:

New Team in the Race for Robinson?

Ohio State lost the commitment of wide receiverTyjon Lindsey earlier this week. The Buckeyes have since been scrambling and contacting numerous receivers across the country. Lakeland (Fla.) four-star target James Robinson is one.

The thought of bringing Robinson on an official visit has been considered by those in Columbus, but nothing official as been set just yet.

As far as Florida, the Gators continue to look to be in good shape for the in-state prospect. Robinson visited Gainesville this past weekend, where wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon and area recruiter Torrian Gray, a Lakeland native, made the 6-foot-3, 195-pounder a priority.

For now, Oklahoma is considered the biggest competition to Florida, a school Robinson visited in December. Ultimately, many feel the lure of playing in-state will be too much to pass up for Robinson.

Smh...everyone is coming after guys considered "UF leans" because they probably feel like it will be easy to get them.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Everyone expected Henderson to be a "lock" to us but (as usual) that seems to have changed since Bama came into the picture.

CB Henderson & Bama’s numbers

Alabama missed out on flipping cornerbacks Stanford Samuels (Florida State) and Shaun Wade (Ohio State). The Crimson Tide look set to part ways with current junior college commit Jhavonte Dean. Alabama has now turned its attention to Miami (Fla.) Columbus cornerback Christopher Henderson, a top Florida target.

Henderson used his official visit to Tuscaloosa this weekend with a trip to Gainesville set for next weekend. Alabama is always tough on the recruiting trail, so this is a recruitment worth monitoring for the long-time Florida lean.

Seems to be shaping up just like Aaron Robinson situation last year.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Looks like Florida has been banned from Homestead. HC there tweeted he has banned a certain recruiter from UF for ever going back there.

The **** seems to keep piling. We after anyone important there?

Looks like Florida has been banned from Homestead. HC there tweeted he has banned a certain recruiter from UF for ever going back there.

The **** seems to keep piling. We after anyone important there?

Not in this class or in the next two that I'm aware of. Sounds like possibly one of his players has been having conversations about transferring to a different HS next year (a better program), and the Homestead HC believes a member of the UF staff was involved in those conversations. Although I'm not sure which player it would be, there's a couple of 3* DBs on their roster that might be plan B guys (at best) in 2018. Not sure why we would even be spending time there except to maintain a relationship with the coaching staff ... that obviously backfired (maybe he's butt hurt that we aren't offering a scholarship or feels we had made a promise to one of his guys that we aren't keeping).

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
That coach can say whatever he wants but he can't stop an employee of a public university from talking to players at a public HS.

That coach can say whatever he wants but he can't stop an employee of a public university from talking to players at a public HS.

This stuff happens much more frequently than most are aware of. Usually though the HS HC doesn't make a public display on Twitter. Doesn't do anyone any good to publicly burn bridges in the coaching fraternity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.