Mac and Company on the Trail

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That coach can say whatever he wants but he can't stop an employee of a public university from talking to players at a public HS.
He can make life very difficult.

We have to recruit the hs coaches again.

holliday_165101a.jpg

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Alabama has 26 commits and they are seeking more - coming after our top prospects as their Plan B's. Hopefully these kids aren't swayed. Don't like Ohio State coming after Robinson either. We need that kid, at 6'3 200lbs....and looks like he's 33 years old!

I don't like that Jones still has 4 more visits, but glad to hear he spoke well of UF and what he experienced on his visit.

This stuff happens much more frequently than most are aware of. Usually though the HS HC doesn't make a public display on Twitter. Doesn't do anyone any good to publicly burn bridges in the coaching fraternity.

There goes that analyst position Mac promised him six months ago!! :D

Would definitely like to know what happened, but regardless of what happened this isn't a "good" thing. Hopefully it gets smoothed over.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I might as well post this because if I don't someone else will. I've said if he doesn't do this, it will be his undoing and the natural order of things will take over. Some of us hope for the best and others are done already. We shall see, but this does lay out what we seem to talk endlessly about.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

I was going to post this if you didn't... more as a why do they post an article stating the obvious

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to post this if you didn't... more as a why do they post an article stating the obvious
Yeah, I almost put it up and just said..water is wet.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"He’s 13-3 in the SEC"

That's weird, I count 13-5. They must have transferred some teams out of the SEC.

And 2-8 vs. ranked teams.
They gotta be only considering the regular season and not the SECCG losses to Bama. I'm pretty sure we're aware we lost badly to Bama twice. Not like those "don't count".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And just think, for $45,000 or so, bc another team is already paying him, we could have hired Locks and others if we had a fleet of fired coaches serving as Quality Assurance (really Assistant Assistant Coaches) and generally making our staff's load more manageable. Then when we promoted guys to real Asst Coaches, they'd already know the playbook, players, opponents, and everything.

I guess we don't have the money to play with the big boys.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They gotta be only considering the regular season and not the SECCG losses to Bama. I'm pretty sure we're aware we lost badly to Bama twice. Not like those "don't count".
Oh no, they clearly said 13-3 just like they claimed Chimp was 12-1, and the SID was behind it both times. Coaches even say it.

You know it'll soon be over when you have to start denying the existence of losses and hope some of the pumper tools will follow.

I don't understand it. SOS and CUM certainly never tried to make losses disappear. Who do they think they are fooling?

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And just think, for $45,000 or so, bc another team is already paying him, we could have hired Locks and others if we had a fleet of fired coaches serving as Quality Assurance (really Assistant Assistant Coaches) and generally making our staffs load more manageable. Then when we promoted guys to real Asst Coaches, they'd already know the playbook, players, opponents, and everything.

I guess we don't have the money to play with the big boys.

I hear ya'. If we're going to try to be as straight up and clean as we can when it comes to drugs, recruiting, etc, then the least we should be doing is have enough bodies to compete.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well played by Saban... he understood Locksley's value and didn't let him leave for a position that he could offer.

http://gridironnow.com/alabama-assisant-mike-locksley/
I won't deny that I'm a little sad. One of my favorite former UF coaches.

I hate seeing him at the evil empire and knowing that our dumbazz donkey couldn't close the deal or wanted to keep Nord. Imagine how strong our VA/MD/DC recruiting would have been with Locks back along with Torrian.

I swear sometimes it feels like the Nulls are running our football program and trying to destroy it. It would be hard to make worse choices than we've made.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I meant we could have hired him two years ago, before he want to Satan.

I did hear that Mac tried to bring him in a year ago and Foley said "no", but I'm not sure how much of that is true vs. Twitter rumor. Sometimes I wonder how much is Mac vs. Administration...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Mac told Tj Moore that he "hoped to hire someone in a week or two". Way to go out there guns blazing during the hottest month stretch of the year in recruiting Mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator