Mac and Company on the Trail

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Visits scheduled for this weekend, January 20th, 2017

3* QB - Jake Allen, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
3* RB - Malik Davis, Jesuit (Tampa, FL)
4* WR - Daquon Green, Tampa Bay Tech (Tampa, FL)
4* WR - Oliver Martin, West Senior (Iowa City, IA)
3* TE - Zech Byrd, Stanhope Elmore (Millbrook, AL)
4* OT - T.J. Moore, Mallard Creek (Charlotte, NC)
4* OT - Tony Gray, Grayson (Lawrenceville, GA)
4* DT - Elijah Conliffe, Hamption (Hampton, VA)
4* DE - Zachary Carter, Hillsborough (Tampa, FL)
4* DT/OG - Tedarrell Slaton, American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
3* DT - Tyrone Truesdell, Laney (Augusta, GA)
3* LB - Nick Smith, Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL)
4* CB - Marco Wilson, American Heritage (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
4* CB - Christopher Henderson, Columbus (Miami, FL)
3* ATH/CB - Juwan Burgess, Plant (Tampa, FL)

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

With guys like Allen, Davis etal this could be a good weekend for the committed to bring help recruit some of the uncommitted visitors.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This place is littered with excuses for Mac. A lot you don't know? WTF? You see the results for yourself. Getting ass rammed by Bammer and FSU on and off the field. You guys can't offer up the excuses fast enough.
I don't. Almost every Saturday during the season, I can toast marshmallows like MJM gator suggested, from the flaming dumpster fire of an offense coming from my TV set. Sometimes have to tune over to the cool jazz music station to cool down my TV, so I don't melt my $3k TV. :couch:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't. Almost every Saturday during the season, I can toast marshmallows like MJM gator suggested, from the flaming dumpster fire of an offense coming from my TV set. Sometimes have to tune over to the cool jazz music station to cool down my TV, so I don't melt my $3k TV. :couch:

Shhhhhhhooooooooootttttttt..........

For THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS I hope that TV has expandable arms that reach across the room and tickle your balls while giving you a handy.......

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Shhhhhhhooooooooootttttttt..........

For THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS I hope that TV has expandable arms that reach across the room and tickle your balls while giving you a handy.......
No, but it sure does let you see the glorious hi-def texture and grain of the sh!t that is in the dumpster that is on fire.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015

I have to say that I really like Oliver Martin. Unfortunately, I think we are in on him too late.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Adam has a good take on Mac and whats going on. He usually is pro-coach and pro-UF so you know its alarming if he has jumped from the ledge too. http://www.onlygators.com/01/18/2017/why-floridas-coaching-staff-may-not-be-complete-until-after-national-signing-day/

I just posted this in the coaches after NSD thread. It's very telling and anyone who thinks this crap is okay or "normal" or all under control...or wants to "pump" it should take a read. This whole situation screams, "I'm in over my head!!" by McElwain and our administration (for allowing this to happen).

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I just posted this in the coaches after NSD thread. It's very telling and anyone who thinks this crap is okay or "normal" or all under control...or wants to "pump" it should take a read. This whole situation screams, "I'm in over my head!!" by McElwain and our administration (for allowing this to happen).

I have yet to read anywhere on this site that people think this is ok. I have read people discussing it and trying to figure out why. We have alot of issues right now and its likely going to lead to Macs demise...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You don't know that. You don't know. You just can't know.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have yet to read anywhere on this site that people think this is ok. I have read people discussing it and trying to figure out why. We have alot of issues right now and its likely going to lead to Macs demise...

Dan, you're a smart guy. You know what I'm talking about. No one has to write: I think he's doing a great job and it's great that he hasn't made a hire.

They're dancing all around it and bashing anyone who has anything "negative" (true or not) about the guy or his handling of the program and current staff situation. Did you read the article? It lays it out pretty well: caught off guard, his MO has been to respond slowly, etc, etc. It's not good, and there's no way to sugar coat it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... I am going to guess that they feel confident they can/will qualify academically if they are spending so much time recruiting them...

Of course... with this staff... it wouldn't shock me if that isn't the case.
Exactly. Qualifying is the only concern about these kids.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
Dan, you're a smart guy. You know what I'm talking about. No one has to write: I think he's doing a great job and it's great that he hasn't made a hire.

They're dancing all around it and bashing anyone who has anything "negative" (true or not) about the guy or his handling of the program and current staff situation. Did you read the article? It lays it out pretty well: caught off guard, his MO has been to respond slowly, etc, etc. It's not good, and there's no way to sugar coat it.

Who is sugar coating it?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who is sugar coating it?

The pumpers. Dude, I'm not going to argue w/ you on this. There are dozens and dozens of posts about this. You can believe it or not. Read the article. I didn't write it. Then read the posts on here. Or you need to look up "sugar coating". Not sure what else to tell you.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
The pumpers. Dude, I'm not going to argue w/ you on this. There are dozens and dozens of posts about this. You can believe it or not. Read the article. I didn't write it. Then read the posts on here. Or you need to look up "sugar coating". Not sure what else to tell you.

I think the article agrees with about 99.99% of what others are saying. I haven't read a single post on this board that implies anyone is satisfied with the current status quo. If I'm wrong, find one for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator