Mac and Company on the Trail

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

This is the smaller one listed at 289 and as a dt.
Yeah I was looking on his twitter. He is a big kid too. He is pretty athletic. Usually they like that more than size and strength.

He is probably a bit larger than Easley was as a freshman. He would be a nice addition.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
I've read multiple reports that Brandon Gaddy is up to the 285 range and played at that weight for the majority of his senior season.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
Well phuck Rivals then

Dirty little secret... Rivals isn't the site that it used to be. Many of the behind the scenes scouts and analysts that gave Rivals its reputation back from 2004 to 2008 are no longer there. Many left to go to ESPN for more money. Rivals has been living off of its reputation for a few years now.

Not saying that they aren't a good source, but they don't have the resources that they used to have.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ready to vote 247 as our official reference.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: #Gators WR target James Robinson will visit Ohio State this weekend instead of Alabama.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alky is drunk. Rivals doesnt and hasnt said he was 240lbs, at least not since Ive been looking at the Gaddys.

Espn is the worst. Rivals owners and staff went to 247, but the are forbidden from competing directly. Thats why 247 can only use a conglomeration of Espn and Rivals.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Dirty little secret... Rivals isn't the site that it used to be. Many of the behind the scenes scouts and analysts that gave Rivals its reputation back from 2004 to 2008 are no longer there. Many left to go to ESPN for more money. Rivals has been living off of its reputation for a few years now.

Not saying that they aren't a good source, but they don't have the resources that they used to have.
I signed up for 3 free months just for this final recruiting stretch and it's really not good at all. All info seems to be late by an hour or so. Couldn't do 24/7 because they literally don't care about their paying customers. They made them do captia before commenting a week ago. Like these people pay you over a hundred dollars a year to read your crap and you make them type in captia before responding to threads? They rape you with ads, full screen take over ads. It's just terrible. But the alternative is rivals so....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alky is drunk. Rivals doesnt and hasnt said he was 240lbs, at least not since Ive been looking at the Gaddys.

Espn is the worst. Rivals owners and staff went to 247, but the are forbidden from competing directly. Thats why 247 can only use a conglomeration of Espn and Rivals.
It's 260lbs

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/25636

You haven't even looked

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gaddy twins

Yeah... I am going to guess that they feel confident they can/will qualify academically if they are spending so much time recruiting them...

Of course... with this staff... it wouldn't shock me if that isn't the case.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More good news on the Recruiting Front..

2017 WR Jordan Pouncey 'doesn't trust' Florida's coaching staff
One of Florida's former 2017 targets has his reasons for looking elsewhere.
Uncommitted 2017 wideout Jordan Pouncey (Winter Park, Fla.), who recently dropped the Gators from his schools of interest, has his reasons for looking elsewhere during the final stretch before National Signing Day.

“I just don’t put a lot of trust into that coaching staff,” Pouncey told The Orlando Sentinel in reference to Florida. “I have my own reasons.”

Though he's never met them, Pouncey's a cousin of twin NFL offensive linemen Mike and Maurkice, two former first-round picks who each starred at Florida as top-flight prospects. He did not go into detail with The Orlando Sentinel as to why he lost trust with Gators coaches.

Florida's 2017 class is currently ranked 20th nationally — No. 8 in the SEC — with 15 players, including five early enrollees.

Pouncey, the 104th-best wide receiver in the 2017 class according to the 247Sports Composite, decommitted from Notre Dame in December and is currently trending to Miami. He has official visits scheduled to Texas and Tennessee before making his final decision.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Of course they are and the smaller one is 20 pounds heavier than the undersized DEs we moved inside this year.

Yes, a good candidate for a redshirt so he can put on 15-25 pounds and be a true DT as a redshirt freshman. We know what you're saying, but I think there's value in a 280lb HS DT: they redshirt, gain weight, and play at a healthy 300lbs (vs. some fat ass 6'2 330lb HS kid who is mostly fat and pushes HS kids around simply because he's 300+ lbs). I've seen you make comments about 215-220lb LB's. There's nothing wrong w/ that, if the kid redshirts, gains weight, and comes in as a 230lb+ redshirt freshman (which means he'll likely be 235-240+ as a junior/senior).

Bottom line: we NEED DT's in this class. I'm not going to turn my nose up at an "undersized" DT. Not all of the true freshman DT's will play next year, and that's a good thing (if we get the numbers we need).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator