Mac goes ballistic on reporter

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I give Mac zero credit for the East. The East has just been a joke the past few years with the ACC beating up on it because its so bad.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To be honest, I think we are way ahead of schedule. Mac was left with what, two scholarship OLine with any experience? When he took over, how many of us thought this was a three year project just to be competitive. We've now won the East twice in two years. Is that good? Better than not, but not a huge obstacle. Has Mac done the best with what he's been dealt? Well no. Roster management has been reactive is his first two years, instead of proactive. He scrambled to put together a staff, and he did find a couple decent guys from the lower ranks. Dixon and Skipper are actually decent recruiters and appear to be good coaches. Shannon has been a good coach, but has not pulled in big names yet. However, he has brought in some good guys who were underrated. Rumph and Gray have been top notch replacements from the "original" staff. Nuss and Nord need to be gone. Summers is a good coach, but needs help recruiting. Our OLine is better. Our D looks better for next year than anyone really thought. There are positives.

Is he going to get us championships? I hope so, but it doesn't look good right now. There are only so many top notch coaches: Saban, Meyer, and Harbaugh come to mind. Peterson is good, but really who else is out there? Saban will be gone soon, and I hope that the rebuild is complete by then. Not being a pumper, just trying to look at the glass half full. The OLine hopefully will be better next year. I'm a Trask fan (mostly to piss Law off), but if Franks is better, play him. If LDR plays, we're F'd. The offense needs to click next year, and if it does, it will be an entertaining year. Not sold on Mac, but we are a far cry from Muschamp. Unfortunately, we are a far cry from Bama too.

That's pretty close to how I've been thinking too. I'm not happy about a lot of stuff I see. But I also remember just how bad things were left him. There's a damn good reason our OLine struggles. They're all beat up and no talent in the depth pool because Mac had to grab all the left-overs he could get his hands on for two recruiting cycles. Well, one and 1/12th more like, but w/e. I'd prefer he could figure out some kind of way to get our offense to be productive with the players we have, but it seems they're either hopelessly talentless, or he isn't the offensive master mind we were all led to believe he was. And Nuss, just has to go. I mean literally. He has to go. I seriously hope the new AD pays a trip to the HC's office and gives him the ultimatum. Nuss and Nord at minimum both have to go, or you do. You choose coach!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yay another sunshine thread. How some of you wake up every morning and keep polishing the turds Mac drops is a truly a testament to your resolve.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It hurts to see my team be so, unprepared, unmotivated and unimportant.

The way I see it is: Coaches are paid millions of dollars to put players in position to succeed playing a simple game. You run, you throw, you catch, you block and you tackle (kick also).... The only one's of those we do anything with is tackle (until we get tired) and kick. The players are trying but the Coaches are failing in their basic job, putting the best players in the right place to be successful. If we can't out skill the opponents, try to out think them! It's called Coaching for a reason.

I'm tired of this crap! If we are going to lose, at least be entertaining doing it!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To be honest, I think we are way ahead of schedule.

Dude, you're a great poster. Mad respect for you. But I'm not seeing it. The offense is putrid. There's zero creativity on offense. Same garbage every week. Mac should be able to scheme us 24 pts a game no problem.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
the press pool should drop all pretense of respect and ask him repeatedly why the offense continues to stagnate every game until things change for the better or until he's gone.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:pumper:
You know, I could almost go there if some statement players were being recruited and we made at least one 3rd conversion tonight, I mean one would think a D-1 school in the SEC could trip over the LOS on 3rd down and make one. Nuss sucks and Mac apparently approves.
:mad:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Embarrassing.

Next he'll go after a frat house.

Honestly, for all of Zook's shortcomings (frat house incident included), his teams never looked this consistently bad. He blew the cupcakes out, won some games against very good teams and typically scored more points than Mac's teams have.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, what I saw at that press conference was a guy who knows what he's got and has no clue how to fix it so he deflects on some reporter who asks a perfectly reasonable question. Oldest losing coach's trick in the book.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, what I saw at that press conference was a guy who knows what he's got and has no clue how to fix it so he deflects on some reporter who asks a perfectly reasonable question. Oldest losing coach's trick in the book.
I don't know much about losing coach tricks, but I do know and agree he is deflecting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cut him some slack. The boosters won't let him recruit a black QB. That's the real reason why we suck and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator