Mac goes ballistic on reporter

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I haven't read anything about this or any tweets. Sounds like op is just trying to stir the pot. Lord knows there is plenty of other things that one can point to, to stir the pot. This isn't one of them.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
"We'll get there, we'll get there"

The day you get railroaded out of Gainesville will be our first step to "Getting there".

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I haven't read anything about this or any tweets. Sounds like op is just trying to stir the pot. Lord knows there is plenty of other things that one can point to, to stir the pot. This isn't one of them.
He's pointing out another posters suggestion that we don't want a black, athletic QB at Florida and don't recruit them. Used some article written by Luther Campbell in the Miami new times back in 2013 as proof. douche baggery at it's finest.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2:40. "I have no idea what kind of question that was, but to question that lockerroom right there and those players ..."

I don't know that I'd go so far as to call the response ballistic, but he was upset over the notion that his players might not be ready. I think he was defending his players more than anything. I personally saw nothing wrong with it. If anything, the players may rally around it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2:40. "I have no idea what kind of question that was, but to question that lockerroom right there and those players ..."

I don't know that I'd go so far as to call the response ballistic, but he was upset over the notion that his players might not be ready. I think he was defending his players more than anything.

He was defending his sh*t show of a program. He gets pissed everytime he's asked a question that can't be answered with "and yet", "that was pretty cool, huh?" or any other of his "ah shucks" routine.
He's like a bad comic that doesn't know what to do when his routine goes to hell and the hecklers start in.

I'm so over this crap. I went to bed shortly after halftime because I knew it was over and I couldn't listen to the whorechant any longer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was defending his sh*t show of a program. He gets pissed everytime he's asked a question that can't be answered with "and yet", "that was pretty cool, huh?" or any other of his "ah shucks" routine.
He's like a bad comic that doesn't know what to do when his routine goes to hell and the hecklers start in.

I'm so over this crap. I went to bed shortly after halftime because I knew it was over and I couldn't listen to the whorechant any longer.

There are two ways to criticize your players, in front of the media and behind closed doors. SOS used to do it in front of the media, and I'm not sure I always agreed with it. It comes across as betraying the trust of the players. If you're gonna chew out your players, do it behind closed doors or in practice.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
This is classless and not taking accountability. He is setting a terrible example for this team; not motivating them. Reinforcing the millennial attitude...When you fail, blame something else. He wants to be liked by his players. Similar to parents wanting to be friends with their kids. This will backfire on him and they will ultimately lose respect. "Players coaches" do not succeed long term.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Image2.jpg

How Butters looked through the whole presser

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How would Meyer have handled that kind of press conference?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Next week will be even worse.
If they play Bama like they played FSU, Bama will shred them on both sides of the ball. Bama will score more points on defense than the Gators score on offense.

However, if they play like they played against LSU, it will be a different story. I hope it is a good game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How would Meyer have handled that kind of press conference?

Not sure but he was really reserved after that Bama loss in 09 like he knew it may have been coming. He didn't get worked up when the reporters were asking him how did Bama out play Florida in the trenches like that etc. Two totally different situations however.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is classless and not taking accountability. He is setting a terrible example for this team; not motivating them. Reinforcing the millennial attitude...When you fail, blame something else. He wants to be liked by his players. Similar to parents wanting to be friends with their kids. This will backfire on him and they will ultimately lose respect. "Players coaches" do not succeed long term.

I have to roll with this. There is a fine line involved between the cuddling/participation awards and man-up/accountability lessons. No doubt, Mac appears to be in the hand out comfort bears camp. This is a contemporary gladiator sport of sorts, he comes off weak, sobbing and candy-ass in most interviews... that can't be the best role model in such a sport. Just saying, concur with Vero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.