Mac goes ballistic on reporter

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Follow along for live updates from Gators coach Jim McElwain’s postgame news conference:

• “My hat’s off to what they’ve done here and what he’s built. That running back of their’s is pretty darn good now, about as good as I’ve ever seen — and I mean that in a lot of ways. Disappointed, but you know what, that’s why you go play the game. Go put yourself out there and give yourself an opportunity and we didn’t take advantage of it.”
  • “No, we had a pretty good plan in that first eight (plays) and just became stagnant. Give their defense credit. We couldn’t block them up front, we couldn’t protect, turnovers.”
  • McElwain doesn’t like question about how team will bounce back next week: “We’ll get home about 3 in the morning probably. I don’t know whether they’ll come back or not. It’s going to be a heck of a test. … Yeah, I’m concerned. These guys have been through a ton now and they played their tails off today and it hurts, but you know, as a competitor you tear off the rearview mirror and you go forward. Our team will be ready. I have no idea what kind of question that was, but to question that locker room right there and those players.”
  • Is FSU a model of what you want to get to, especially offensively: “Yeah, and we’ll get there. We’ll get there.”
It was a quick press conference.
That's not going off on a reporter! There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Mac said. Media snowflakes stirring the pot.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If they play Bama like they played FSU, Bama will shred them on both sides of the ball. Bama will score more points on defense than the Gators score on offense.

However, if they play like they played against LSU, it will be a different story. I hope it is a good game.

LSU? HuH? LSU had 430+ of offense. LSU imploded on their own. We got lucky in that game. LSU marched up and down the field on us. This team is mediocre with a garbage coaching staff.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't call that "ballistic" either.
Stern, emotional, frustrated, sure, not ballistic.

Sure would be nice if he'd express these things to the players on the field during games instead of just in these fckin pressers. Feels like he just watches the game when it's going on.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, what I saw at that press conference was a guy who knows what he's got and has no clue how to fix it so he deflects on some reporter who asks a perfectly reasonable question. Oldest losing coach's trick in the book.
He looks like he's coming unglued... our team is fundamentally bad, exactly the opposite of a Saban coached team.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I give Mac zero credit for the East. The East has just been a joke the past few years with the ACC beating up on it because its so bad.
What would you be saying right now if Mac hadn't won the East last year or this year? Something like, "he hasn't even won the East"? LMAO. Do not underestimate the value of winning the East. You want us to win a NC? With the exception of Alabama, the surest path to a national championship for any SEC team is to win the SECCG. You want us to win the SECCG? We'd better win the East. The quality of the teams in the East doesn't matter with regard to this indisputable fact. You want to give Mac zero credit for getting us to Atlanta? Fine. That's "keyboard coach" thinking. You should be glad we're there for the second year in a row. And don't get me started on the fact that he hasn't even completed his second year on the job . . .

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Yay another sunshine thread. How some of you wake up every morning and keep polishing the turds Mac drops is a truly a testament to your resolve.
Can't believe that dirtbag Mac hasn't gotten us AT LEAST two national championships by now. Dirty rotten scum-sucking bastid.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This is classless and not taking accountability. He is setting a terrible example for this team; not motivating them. Reinforcing the millennial attitude...When you fail, blame something else. He wants to be liked by his players. Similar to parents wanting to be friends with their kids. This will backfire on him and they will ultimately lose respect. "Players coaches" do not succeed long term.
Jim Harbaugh, Meyer, Carroll, Miles, Billy Donovan, Tyron Lue, Joe Maddon,Tony Dungy, Steve Kerr, etc. All were players coaches. The difference is they know what to do. Mac doesn't. Mac accepts zero blame himself for this team. Its always something else's fault.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a great pitch to recruits. "Hey, were trying to be as good as fsu"

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can't believe that dirtbag Mac hasn't gotten us AT LEAST two national championships by now. Dirty rotten scum-sucking bastid.
You forgot a single offensive point against fsu in 2 games or a single 3rd down conversion.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What would you be saying right now if Mac hadn't won the East last year or this year? Something like, "he hasn't even won the East"? LMAO. Do not underestimate the value of winning the East. You want us to win a NC? With the exception of Alabama, the surest path to a national championship for any SEC team is to win the SECCG. You want us to win the SECCG? We'd better win the East. The quality of the teams in the East doesn't matter with regard to this indisputable fact. You want to give Mac zero credit for getting us to Atlanta? Fine. That's "keyboard coach" thinking. You should be glad we're there for the second year in a row. And don't get me started on the fact that he hasn't even completed his second year on the job . . .

If we get killed by Bama again the same things. The East is a joke right now - I was shocked when they showed the ACC's recent record against the East the past couple of years. He was brought in to get the offense going and its as big a joke as it was under Muschamp so far.

This was a crazy year but maybe I feel bad because of the total lack of offense again despite us doing better record wise than the rest of the SEC other than Bama but when I look at some of those other teams I see more hope for them going forward considering recruiting and them playing a young QB this year etc. I guess offense does sell tickets with the fans.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ballistic? No. Being a butthole? Yes.

If you want ballistic.......

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Who's talking about winning championships? I think we're just talking about making a third down conversion. Or at least your offense scoring in more than a quarter of your games since the end of November of last year. Or about how about scoring a touchdown on at least half the quarters you play.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just a slight correction. People keep saying make a first down. We made a couple of first downs. What we didn't do is convert on third down. Not even once.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just a slight correction. People keep saying make a first down. We made a couple of first downs. What we didn't do is convert on third down. Not even once.

Potato potahto

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

2-7 vs ranked teams and one of the worst offenses in the country back to back seasons. The East is at an all-time low point. He gets very little credit for winning the SEC East. Very little.

Mac just sucks as an SEC coach. Mid-major? That's his wheel house. He can't get gone soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator