Make Gator Football great again!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't been great for a long time Gator nation. It's true. In fact it probably all started when horseface Jeremy decided to hire wild Willy Muschamp.
I think law used to call his style of play 'big dumb will muschump ball,' but I prefer Wild Willy myself. This guy was a trainwreck from the very beginning.
Some might say Willy had a great defense. Fake news! Fake news! Willy could only field a quality defense when coach DQ was calling the shots
and he had Urban Meyers recruits. Once Floyd, Matt Elam and the 10' class left with Danny Quinn it was an absolute disgrace under Willy. Horseface eventually came to the conclusion we all knew for years that Willy simply couldn't hack it. Never send a dog to do a gators job. It started this whole disaster.

The next hire by horseface Jeremy was a guy named Jimmy. Could you believe this guy spent more time making BBQ sauce than he did recruiting for the gators?An absolute disgrace this guy was. Shameful really when you think about how horrible these hires were. So horseface finally decides to retire and the new AD, I like to call him Scotty not too hottie Stricklin. There's no D at the end of his name, which is fitting since to steal a line from Peter Venkman , ''This man has no dick''. Scottie's first line of work included to extend the contract of BBQ Jimmy, and then even decided to pay his buyout when it became public that Jimmy likes to have sexual encounters with sharks. I know Jimmy stood up loud and said Fake news! Fake news! Its not me! But when you look at it really, you put a picture of Jimmy next to the picture of the naked fat man on the shark and I think to myself, ya know it looks a lot like him. Hell I think its him! The extension was strike 1 and then the disgraceful paying of the Jimmy buyout was strike 2 on Scotty not too hottie.

In the hole, behind in the count Scottie knew I had to get this one right. Legend has it he wanted to hire Fat Chip, and drank his sorrows away at a pub sucking down Winstons and praying for a miracle. He decided to hire a guy we all know too well, Lazy Danny. Lazy Danny Mullen was passing his wife out to players like candy on halloween. It sure is fitting that it happens to be today. Gotta tell ya this man was a disgrace, a shame really when you think about it because if he wasnt such a lazy bum he could've won big here. Which brings us to the head coach right now. Some call him Billy Taggert, but I prefer to call him Sunbelt Billy Napier. Will Billy wise up and actually hire someone else to call the plays? Watching him do so outside of a scripted drive is like having a root canal without meds. In fact it might be less painful than watching billy ball. The special teams is a real headscratcher. Who is this special teams coach that nobody ever sees? It's as if the gators never practice this part of the game. Hopefully Sunbelt Billy wakes up and turns into SEC billy because we need a play caller and a special teams coach to make gator football great again!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't been great for a long time Gator nation. It's true. In fact it probably all started when horseface Jeremy decided to hire wild Willy Muschamp.
I think law used to call his style of play 'big dumb will muschump ball,' but I prefer Wild Willy myself. This guy was a trainwreck from the very beginning.
Some might say Willy had a great defense. Fake news! Fake news! Willy could only field a quality defense when coach DQ was calling the shots
and he had Urban Meyers recruits. Once Floyd, Matt Elam and the 10' class left with Danny Quinn it was an absolute disgrace under Willy. Horseface eventually came to the conclusion we all knew for years that Willy simply couldn't hack it. Never send a dog to do a gators job. It started this whole disaster.

The next hire by horseface Jeremy was a guy named Jimmy. Could you believe this guy spent more time making BBQ sauce than he did recruiting for the gators?An absolute disgrace this guy was. Shameful really when you think about how horrible these hires were. So horseface finally decides to retire and the new AD, I like to call him Scotty not too hottie Stricklin. There's no D at the end of his name, which is fitting since to steal a line from Peter Venkman , ''This man has no dick''. Scottie's first line of work included to extend the contract of BBQ Jimmy, and then even decided to pay his buyout when it became public that Jimmy likes to have sexual encounters with sharks. I know Jimmy stood up loud and said Fake news! Fake news! Its not me! But when you look at it really, you put a picture of Jimmy next to the picture of the naked fat man on the shark and I think to myself, ya know it looks a lot like him. Hell I think its him! The extension was strike 1 and then the disgraceful paying of the Jimmy buyout was strike 2 on Scotty not too hottie.

In the hole, behind in the count Scottie knew I had to get this one right. Legend has it he wanted to hire Fat Chip, and drank his sorrows away at a pub sucking down Winstons and praying for a miracle. He decided to hire a guy we all know too well, Lazy Danny. Lazy Danny Mullen was passing his wife out to players like candy on halloween. It sure is fitting that it happens to be today. Gotta tell ya this man was a disgrace, a shame really when you think about it because if he wasnt such a lazy bum he could've won big here. Which brings us to the head coach right now. Some call him Billy Taggert, but I prefer to call him Sunbelt Billy Napier. Will Billy wise up and actually hire someone else to call the plays? Watching him do so outside of a scripted drive is like having a root canal without meds. In fact it might be less painful than watching billy ball. The special teams is a real headscratcher. Who is this special teams coach that nobody ever sees? It's as if the gators never practice this part of the game. Hopefully Sunbelt Billy wakes up and turns into SEC billy because we need a play caller and a special teams coach to make gator football great again!!

So is it Scotty or Scottie?

You used both so just seeking clarity.
I have preferred Scottie during the past few years in place of what I would really like to call him.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
When Urbs left, I didn't give much thought to his replacement and naively assumed UF would make a good pick. Realizing how foolish that was, I thought enough about it after Chimp was dumped to think we would do much better with an offensive guy like SOS or Urbs.

I didn't know much about Butters, but his resume looked good enough at first glance and I was OK with the hire - right up until the first press conference. I thought "Uh-oh" but hoped for the best. When that disaster finally ended, I got more emotionally and intellectually involved and actually did a little research.

I ultimately decided Scott Frost would be the perfect choice. (I forget the why now, but that's not important to this post.) Once all the "good choices" had blown us off, I found myself, like Stricklin I suspect, settling for Mullen. Not ideal - the classic "meh" pick - but at least he knew UF and knew the SEC. The hopeful side of me figured with our fertile recruiting ground and larger financial commitment (ha,ha; have I mentioned my tendency to naivete?), surely he would do better than he did at Cowbell. Yeah, not so much. Frost? He actually did worse than Mullen. Much worse.

So this last time around, I got very invested and ultimately determined we needed a dynamic offensive guy, with not only Power 5 experience, but elite Power 5 experience and in particular as a successful HC. The perfect choice, and obvious choice - to me anyway - for Stricklin was Lincoln Riley. This will be awesome. As for Riley, why wouldn't he want to come to UF?

Apparently he had his reasons - or we never seriously considered him - and off he went for sunny SoCal instead of sunny F-L-A. (A season and a half into his tenure at USCw, I now have my doubts he would have been a good fit at UF. Of course it would have least have been entertaining to watch Caleb Williams in O & B for a couple of seasons.) Enter Billy Napier. Unlike many here, for me the jury is still out on him. He has done a marvelous job behind the scenes and is recruiting at a very high level. I also admit to some bias as, unlike the last three hires, I actually like this guy. At the end of the day as they say, the only thing that matters is the product on the field and even I admit that has been uneven at best. I can imagine a realistic scenario where he turns it around and very soon has us competing for championships. (Obvioulsy in this scenario, the recruiting continues to be outstanding, he finds some excellent OLs somewhere, and has a home run hire at OC.) I can also imagine a realistic scenario where he is canned at the end of the '24 season.

So, how do we "make Gator football great again?" As I think I have clearly illustrated in this post, I don't have the first freaking clue. Due to being wrong every time thus far - an ominous sign as far as Billy competing for titles goes - I have learned that I will not waste any time weighing in, or even thinking about, who the next coach - or AD - should be. In fact, I'm not even going to post again in this thread. Good luck @Gatorbait25 with this project!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Stricklin and Foley still have access to the building and a say in the hiring process we could hire Saban and Smarts love child and they’d be pure **** here.

Change has got to start at the top and Sasse needs to nut up and tell Stricklin bye and take Foleys keys to the building away from him permanently.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Horrible title....... All you wanted to do is rehash our misery..... Nothing new or novel about your presentation and nothing about how to fix the situation....... Jeewiz man, get with the program....

:bananawave:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jeewz man, get with the program....

Larry David Reaction GIF

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Horrible title....... All you wanted to do is rehash our misery..... Nothing new or novel about your presentation and nothing about how to fix the situation....... Jeewiz man, get with the program....

:bananawave:
BBQ Jimmy ladies and gentlemen.

1698781529568.png

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fire William Robert Napier and the sack of **** named Scottie . May they both rot in hell for eternity

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta get a new AD before we do anything in regards to a coaching search. He cannot be allowed to make another hire.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Agree on the Stricklin firing first, be nice to see him get canned after this season, then Billy would know he has next year to show something or he's gone.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Agree on the Stricklin firing first, be nice to see him get canned after this season, then Billy would know he has next year to show something or he's gone.
You don’t have to wait for any season ending to fire an AD. We should do it before night falls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator