Make Gator Football great again!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does Ben Sasse care about football?

I have to think he does. He grew up 150 miles from Lincoln, NE, at a time when Nebraska football was dominant in the country and in the minds of Nebraskans. He proved as a US senator that he understands the big issues, how voters are thinking and is able to adapt his thinking when necessary. He is not afraid to go against the grain, even at potential personal peril, if he believes in the cause.

I have no clue what he is thinking. But if he gets the history of UF football, if he embraces the importance, if he senses it has strayed off course, I have little doubt he'll have the courage and conviction to do what he feels is right even if it means taking action sooner than expected and even if it involves the downfall of one and maybe two very prominent figures.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

LOL. Does this headline imply snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? I always thought a team snapped their own losing streak. I did not know the team you defeated snapped the streak for you LOL

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I have to think he does. He grew up 150 miles from Lincoln, NE, at a time when Nebraska football was dominant in the country and in the minds of Nebraskans. He proved as a US senator that he understands the big issues, how voters are thinking and is able to adapt his thinking when necessary. He is not afraid to go against the grain, even at potential personal peril, if he believes in the cause.

I have no clue what he is thinking. But if he gets the history of UF football, if he embraces the importance, if he senses it has strayed off course, I have little doubt he'll have the courage and conviction to do what he feels is right even if it means taking action sooner than expected and even if it involves the downfall of one and maybe two very prominent figures.
I'll believe it when I see it

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

LOL. Does this headline imply snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? I always thought a team snapped their own losing streak. I did not know the team you defeated snapped the streak for you LOL
Well...we did. They had no control over florida screwing up the field goal then missing it. That was all us. They don't win that game without us giving it to them

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Here we go again, another gazillion posts about how foley did this or that, whatever, he has been gone for 7 years, We need to quit rehashing the past as if definitively laying blame or being "right" solves a damn thing. Whoever is right, Billy is going to be our coach for the next year at least. So I will gnash my teeth after this game, be pissed, and shake it off and get ready to be positive for LSU, its the only way forward. After the season is done and the games are played, we can hash out what needs to be done.

And Hayes can suck a d*ck, hes a azz.
Foley is still in the University directory as AD emeritus and still has his office and email address. If Billy is shown the door, Strickland and Foley need to go first. A new AD who is aggressive and knows that Football is the most important sport is imperative. A healthy, successful, winning football program makes it possible for all the equity sports to exist.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Players on the FG team running on the field exemplifies how clueless Billy is and yet another shining example of how a staff that clearly doesn’t give a **** about special teams pisses away close ball games. On top of that the defensive effort in OT was pure quit . Our guys didn’t want it and put forth some of the worst efforts at making a tackle I’ve ever seen .

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's hire a coach every two years and hope they bring in talent from the portal. We can be like fsu or ole miss.

Is there a coach out there that is worthy of coaching the Gators?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stop hiring morons from the sunbelt and mountain west . Go take someone’s coach . We are Florida . It shouldn’t be difficult to hire a competent football coach . Yet here we are again with another dog**** HBC.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We should only be so lucky to be like ole miss it fsu
2 teams with a combined 1 loss between them. Yeah that sounds terrible.

I'll tell ya what, when homer digs in, it's deep. A masterful homer card deployment followed up immediately by an absolute grand slam of a level 14 gator fan card.

We are witnessing history tonight, boys!

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Stop hiring morons from the sunbelt and mountain west . Go take someone’s coach . We are Florida . It shouldn’t be difficult to hire a competent football coach . Yet here we are again with another dog**** HBC.

You got to admit, we excel at hiring sh!tty football coaches.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
If Billy ultimately gets asked to leave, the next hire will be a 100 million dollar head coach. Especially if we poach a coach from a power 5 team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.