Make Gator Football great again!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're still a great university, we still have a great football tradition, we're still a desirable destination. The academics argument is a non-starter. We have to get the who-makes-the-hiring-decision down. It needs to be an X's and O's guy over $$$ and cents.

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
We're still a great university, we still have a great football tradition, we're still a desirable destination. The academics argument is a non-starter. We have to get the who-makes-the-hiring-decision down. It needs to be an X's and O's guy over $$$ and cents.
Then why the hell is sling blade still head football coach.

TXgators

Nov 11, 2023
At least, BN needs to explain what his plan is. Looks like he has no plan. We need a new HC and AD that know how to handle recruiting and portal seriously.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
At least, BN needs to explain what his plan is. Looks like he has no plan. We need a new HC and AD that know how to handle recruiting and portal seriously.
Welcome to the party, Tex.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hiring a crackhead to be the head coach wouldn’t have caused as much damage as Billy Bob. Almost everything the guys does is wrong . Remember when all the jackwagon Billy sycophants said once we got rid of Anthony Billy Bobs offense was going to take off ?Funny we haven’t seen Darry around lately . Someone kick Billy in the balls and knock his sorry ass out the door.
Make gator football great again!!!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True. "Give'm Hell Pell" Bumper stickers.
That's when I learned, "Wait till next year!"
I have an old football that Kerwin signed and a framed piece of "1984 SEC Champions Turf", when they changed the artificial turf in the 80's before SOS changed it to grass.
Great players in that era too. Too many to list but damn, once you start thinking about it, there's a bunch.
Galen Hall was framed.

Galen was guilty of doing exactly what every other coach in college football would have done under the circumstances. The lights were on super bright at the time and that’s the only reason he was fired.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Unfortunately the UAA disagrees with you and me for that matter. They believe that it’s all about the money and nothing else matters unless it significantly reduces the incoming revenue. The vast majority of the revenue comes from TV these days and winning has little impact on it.

I just can’t imagine how they continue to be able to raise funds from the booster community when they want to do something over the top since they are more likely to spend it on Lacrosse than football.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This will be true until the administration WANTS to be elite at football again. Both Michigan and Texas are ranked ahead of UF by US News and world reports as top public universities, and by the way, are in the CFP. So Sasse hopefully understands that you don’t have to sacrifice academics for Football greatness, you can have both. Fire Foley and Strickland and LFG!!
Texas actually comes in right behind UF in the the US News rankings, but your point is still valid.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Texas actually comes in right behind UF in the the US News rankings, but your point is still valid.
Another point to be made is that there are plenty of good football schools that also do quite well in other sports AND at least a few that don't sacrifice overall academic standings.

Texas is in the top 20 in MBB and just won the WVB natty. They have consistently top teams in track and field and baseball as well.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Another point to be made is that there are plenty of good football schools that also do quite well in other sports AND at least a few that don't sacrifice overall academic standings.

Texas is in the top 20 in MBB and just won the WVB natty. They have consistently top teams in track and field and baseball as well.
good football and basketball, excellent baseball.

notre dame is another one. I know everyone hates them and loves to trash them, but thats a very good school with high standards but they crank out solid teams year in and year out. Maybe they arent winning titles, but they are competitive and command some attention. they are lightyears ahead of us and it makes no sense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
good football and basketball, excellent baseball.

notre dame is another one. I know everyone hates them and loves to trash them, but thats a very good school with high standards but they crank out solid teams year in and year out. Maybe they arent winning titles, but they are competitive and command some attention. they are lightyears ahead of us and it makes no sense.

I leave for a bit and now you are praising Notre Dame like a Priest who just got done with a choir boy.... fuch man... next you will be in the Urg category...

The next step after that is circle jerking with MertzJay over Danny Kannel or drum circling with Coach Tater.

Attachments

• smh-gif-6.gif
    smh-gif-6.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I leave for a bit and now you are praising Notre Dame like a Priest who just got done with a choir boy.... fuch man... next you will be in the Urg category...

The next step after that is circle jerking with MertzJay over Danny Kannel or drum circling with Coach Tater.
Not praising them at all. We should be far superior, but we aren't even close, all while they navigate higher academic requirements than us. These are facts. They don't care about your feelings.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Not praising them at all. We should be far superior, but we aren't even close, all while they navigate higher academic requirements than us. These are facts. They don't care about your feelings.
That was my point. We discuss the sacrifice of foot ball success to academic prowess. And we talk about sacrificing football success for other (minor) sport success.

But none of these are mutually exclusive. And all can have top attention paid and resources allocated with proper leadership.

Other schools have top academics and are also doing well in football. Other schools are successful in other sports and still field championship level football teams. And there are several that manage all three!

UF has no excuse for football being so woefully underperforming for so long. And saying the administration is too focused on academics or the UAA is too focused on other sports is a cop out and gives them an excuse to ignore football success without consequences.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I'll have to confirm with the Mrs to see if I have any feelings, on multiple occasions she might have referred to me as an emotionless ass-hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.