Mary Wise

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
In my 25 years on message boards, I have never rolled my eyes harder at a post. Well done.

Just an honest question, OX are you and alumni and if so what year?

When my friend attended the Gators stunk at almost every sport, had some that are gone now like wrestling (Title 9). so today we win a lot especially in female sports. So today I follow almost every sport since being retired I have a lot of time and a friend that tells me how great things are now.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
This thread is an inside joke that goes back nearly a decade and a couple of message boards ago. A couple of people here picked up on it and that’s all I was after.
Ah, I see. Well, I have been lurking on this board and it’s predecessors for years and I’ll have to fess up and admit this went right over my head.

Damn, I hate being out of the loop.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
In my 25 years on message boards, I have never rolled my eyes harder at a post. Well done.
You can roll your eyes all you want, but in my experience the people who are just fans but didn’t attend, to them it’s the same as being a fan of an NFL team & an NBA team if they also follow basketball, and it ends there. But my friends who are alumni, will bring up other teams like volleyball, soccer, and even gymnastics, and actually care. Of course football is still king, but other sports are also on the radar.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Ah, I see. Well, I have been lurking on this board and it’s predecessors for years and I’ll have to fess up and admit this went right over my head.

Damn, I hate being out of the loop.
This particular board was one of the smaller ones, and was semi-private.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You can roll your eyes all you want, but in my experience the people who are just fans but didn’t attend, to them it’s the same as being a fan of an NFL team & an NBA team if they also follow basketball, and it ends there. But my friends who are alumni, will bring up other teams like volleyball, soccer, and even gymnastics, and actually care. Of course football is still king, but other sports are also on the radar.
You do realize that some people just aren’t interested in certain sports, right?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You do realize that some people just aren’t interested in certain sports, right?

Yes of course, for example I had no interest in soccer or lacroix until the Gators got teams in them. I follow the excellent results of these teams, but the actual games are somewhat boring to me. Not everyone has the time or inclination to do so, that is fine. Ms. Wise is a long term and very successful coach, most probably would know she is a Gator.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Yes I do. But that doesn’t change the fact that my alumni friends are the ones who are more likely to watch the woman’s college World Series (or post about it on FB), while my non-alumni Gator fan friends do not.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We seem to have some serious Foley :nutswinger:in here.

You bet. He’s the best AD ever. Fantastic. Facts are stubborn things. Hired coaches across the board who racked up NCs, kept the program in the black. Crazy great.

But this thread is about Mary Wise. She’s super. Special. Long term success. Hope they get that first NC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It shocks me that Gator fans do not care about Gator volleyball. I know football is king, but is this not a Gator "sports" board?
Yes, but what does that have to do with most people not caring about volleyball?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously.. anyone who claims to be a gator fan.. and certainly anyone who actually set foot on that campus since 1990 damn well should know who Mary Wise is.

I’m pretty sure that virtually everyone here knows who she is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.