Meet Caitlyn Jenner

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n231666 said:

"If you’re mad about this, you’re mad because you were duped by an internet meme, or more likely, you don’t want Caitlyn Jenner to receive any praise for an incredibly difficult journey that hopefully results in her being happier. If that’s the case, you’re a scumbag who should hop out of everyone’s timelines and news feeds. "

That article is hilarious. Haters need to read it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n231682 said:
"If you’re mad about this, you’re mad because you were duped by an internet meme, or more likely, you don’t want Caitlyn Jenner to receive any praise for an incredibly difficult journey that hopefully results in her being happier. If that’s the case, you’re a scumbag who should hop out of everyone’s timelines and news feeds. "

That article is hilarious. Haters need to read it.

I don't think the vast majority of us deny him the right to be happy doing whatever he chooses. We just don't care to have it plastered all over the media and him made out to be a Medal of Honor recipient that cured cancer while saving kittens from a burning orphanage...while wearing a $1,400 pair of heels.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was on Vanity Fair. That's like winning a huge honor? Who here even reads Vanity Fair?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n231732 said:
He was on Vanity Fair. That's like winning a huge honor? Who here even reads Vanity Fair?
And in every news publication across the country...along with being awarded the ESPN gay/tranny of the year award for courage. :facepalm:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;231734 said:
And in every news publication across the country...along with being awarded the ESPN gay/tranny of the year award for courage. :facepalm:

Yeah, I don't watch ESPN. Unless the Gators play. And I don't consider Diane Sawyer news. I saw that it was all the rage for about two days. Now crickets.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ray Finkle;n231662 said:
As mjm said, the issue is the celebration and awards for this. It's sad. Whatever happened to when a hero was a person that sacrificed themselves to help someone else, without giving thought to what recognition it would bring them. Caitlyn is the opposite. Just a rich narcissist

This is it in a nutshell. It's about him and grandstanding his already famous family. What courage it took :barfaway:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n231682 said:
Caitlyn Jenner to receive any praise for an incredibly difficult journey that hopefully results in her being happier.
WHAT!!! Difficult journey....Celebrated, famous ex athlete who's mega wealthy and on TV....Sign me up for that journey anyday. I'll bet that within no time at all he/she, if it is truly depressed, will be so again once the spotlight is dimmed. It's just a matter of never having or being enough whether it's money, attention or whatever drives a screwball like this.....Anyone remember what happened to Rome. Look around people it's happening here. How about promoting or donating to a worthy cause like those who could only wish to be "normal" like dismembered veterans or those stricken with Downs Syndrome or Autism....No, with this clown it's gotta be all about me.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n231761 said:
WHAT!!! Difficult journey....Celebrated, famous ex athlete who's mega wealthy and on TV....Sign me up for that journey anyday. I'll bet that within no time at all he/she, if it is truly depressed, will be so again once the spotlight is dimmed. It's just a matter of never having or being enough whether it's money, attention or whatever drives a screwball like this.....Anyone remember what happened to Rome. Look around people it's happening here. How about promoting or donating to a worthy cause like those who could only wish to be "normal" like dismembered veterans or those stricken with Downs Syndrome or Autism....No, with this clown it's gotta be all about me.

http://deadspin.com/no-a-disabled-vet-was-not-second-place-for-arthur-ashe-1708867546

You are attributing a quote to me that isn't mine. It is from the article hence the quotation marks. Feel free to remember 3rd grade if you made it that far.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n231803 said:
Don't get your panties in a wad......It was a stupid statement that needed addressing, that's all. BTW some of you supporting this as a suicide prevention measure might want to read this.
http://waltheyer.typepad.com/blog/2011/12/changing-genders-increases-risk-of-suicide.html

My panties in a wad? Maybe you should re-read the thread. You're bordering on mass hysteria. Feel free to keep being a total d bag though. It makes for some good reading.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read this thread and a lot of people are getting upset over something that is going to have maybe a weeks worth of legs in the media and then die out. I don't care if he wanted to turn himself into a potato it's his choice. As long has he isn't hurting anyone else, especially kids then so be it. This thread will go longer than the media, because we tend to care about something that has no real bearing on us.

I didn't care what Bruce Jenner was doing with his life, I don't care what Caitlyn Jenner is doing with her life. But this thread has been comedy gold...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n231838 said:
I read this thread and a lot of people are getting upset over something that is going to have maybe a weeks worth of legs in the media and then die out.

You have got to be kidding. You realize Jenner is now going to be getting his own TV show, right? Try checking out of a grocery store without being bombarded by who Jenner is dating now that he's unencumbered by his balls.

Your understanding of the media is very naive. We are now sentenced to decades of having to hear about every move Jenner and his devil spawn make as they vapidly stumble through life.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n231848 said:
You have got to be kidding. You realize Jenner is now going to be getting his own TV show, right? Try checking out of a grocery store without being bombarded by who Jenner is dating now that he's unencumbered by his balls.

Your understanding of the media is very naive. We are now sentenced to decades of having to hear about every move Jenner and his devil spawn make as they vapidly stumble through life.

Sad but true.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n231838 said:
I read this thread and a lot of people are getting upset over something that is going to have maybe a weeks worth of legs in the media and then die out. I don't care if he wanted to turn himself into a potato it's his choice. As long has he isn't hurting anyone else, especially kids then so be it. This thread will go longer than the media, because we tend to care about something that has no real bearing on us.

I didn't care what Bruce Jenner was doing with his life, I don't care what Caitlyn Jenner is doing with her life. But this thread has been comedy gold...

You bragging or complaining?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n231848 said:

Do you have so much hate that you are forced to watch it? It seems to me all the things you are complaining about are self induced. No one is making you read that trash rags, no one is turning your tv to bravo, lifetime, hallmark or whatever channel you are on. It's not naïve to know that the nation media is going to be done with this story. But it seems to be you are seeking it out either our of hatred or envy.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n231873 said:
Do you have so much hate that you are forced to watch it? It seems to me all the things you are complaining about are self induced. No one is making you read that trash rags, no one is turning your tv to bravo, lifetime, hallmark or whatever channel you are on. It's not naïve to know that the nation media is going to be done with this story. But it seems to be you are seeking it out either our of hatred or envy.

WTF are you talking about? Are you a hermit?

I don't read trash rags, I buy groceries. I'll be sure to cover my eyes every time I check out from now on. I'll make sure I quickly switch channels every time a commercial for his show comes on. You know they show those commercials all over cable TV, right?

Hate or envy? Don't be a doosh and use ad hominem attacks. It's beneath you......I think.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n231887 said:
WTF are you talking about? Are you a hermit?

I don't read trash rags, I buy groceries. I'll be sure to cover my eyes every time I check out from now on. I'll make sure I quickly switch channels every time a commercial for his show comes on. You know they show those commercials all over cable TV, right?

Hate or envy? Don't be a doosh and use ad hominem attacks. It's beneath you......I think.

So you are saying for the next decade it will be on every channel and on every magazine. You are the one letting it bother you... You are letting it bother you. Don't blame other people for YOUR issues. It is no different than the variety of other trash they put on those magazines, no different. So what does this particular issue bother YOU so much. Why are you on channels that will show his show, again Personal Choice. I don't watch the Kardashian garbage or the channel is comes on. I don't watch the reality garbage either. With 300 channels on cable tv it is easy not to see any of this stuff if you choose. Right now you are choosing to go to where is it shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.