More Trouble In Tallahassee - Dalvin Cook investigated for battery

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Side note: Are there any decent Seminole message boards - I'd love to read how they're spinning this one.
(Can't believe I just used 'decent' and 'Seminole' in the same sentence - time to put the beer down).

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is the part that intrigues me the most from the ESPN article:
"They kept telling me they were football players," the woman said. "They kept telling me to Google them. They told me they were football players and they could buy me in two years." So I guess because they are football players and can be googled to prove that they play for the mighty Noles that every woman should just drop to their knees and give them BJ's and whatever else they desire. And if not then they will get what they really deserve, in this case a busted lip and bruised nose.
When are these arrogant MF'ers going to get it through their thick skulls that it isn't OK to hit women? Not to mention WTF was he doing at a Bar when he is obviously underaged?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n245753 said:
For those saying "No video, no punishment". Fill me in here. Several eyewitnesses are disregarded nowadays if there is no video?
The Clowns will dismiss it as only hearsay. The only reason Johnson got the boot was the video went public. FSUck had it for days and did nothing, then only after it got out did they cut ties. Nothing is legit with Law Enforcement in Tally.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From the mouths of Clowns

July 10, 2015

FSU suspends RB Cook after battery charge
Warchant.com Staff
Talk about it in The Tribal Council

Tumblr

Print
Just four days after backup quarterback De'Andre Johnson was dismissed from the Florida State football team for punching a female student during a bar fight, running back Dalvin Cook now has been suspended indefinitely following a similar allegation.
According to a report by ESPN's Mark Schlabach, state attorney Willie Meggs decided on Friday to charge Cook with misdemeanor battery after speaking with the victim, a 21-year-old Tallahassee resident, and her friend. The victim reportedly picked Cook out of a photo lineup on July 1.
The incident reportedly took place on June 23, one day before Johnson's fight, which led to his dismissal from the team. The victim told ESPN that Cook punched her several times in the face, and that she had a split lip and a sore nose the next day.
FSU announced late Friday afternoon that Cook had been suspended indefinitely. Later Friday, head coach Jimbo Fisher and president John Thrasher released statements about the recent arrests of Cook and Johnson.
STATEMENT FROM FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT JOHN THRASHER
I am extremely disappointed to learn of this allegation against Dalvin Cook. I fully support the immediate and indefinite suspension of Cook from the football team while we look into this matter further and due process runs its course.
It is especially disheartening to learn of this case just days after Coach Fisher dismissed quarterback De'Andre Johnson from the team for his role in a physical altercation that occurred in an off-campus bar.
As I have previously said, I have no tolerance for the type of behavior alleged in these cases. We expect all of our students, especially our student-athletes who represent this university in the public spotlight, to adhere to the highest standards.
I have asked Coach Fisher and Athletics Director Stan Wilcox to develop a plan to help our student-athletes understand the consequences of these kinds of actions. This will include Coach Fisher meeting immediately with his team to reiterate, in no uncertain terms, our expectations of them. I also plan to meet with the team, and we will be asking professionals who deal with these matters, including State Attorney Willie Meggs, to speak with them.
The vast majority of our student-athletes are good students and positive role models who contribute to their university and their communities. It is unfortunate that the actions of a very few individuals are causing embarrassment to their teammates and this university.
Coach Fisher, Athletics Director Wilcox and I are committed to ensuring our student-athletes uphold this university's values, and we will continue to work together toward that goal.
STATEMENT FROM FLORIDA STATE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH JIMBO FISHER
Recent events at Florida State University involving members of my football team have brought a lot of attention to the school and program. It is important to me that our fans and the public be aware that I do not tolerate the type of behavior that was captured on video and that was most recently alleged. We spend a good deal of time educating our student-athletes about appropriate behavior and their responsibilities as representatives of Florida State. The majority of our players are exemplary, but clearly we must place an even stronger emphasis on this, and I personally promise we will.
I remain committed to educating our young men and holding them accountable for their actions.
Florida State is a great university. Our fans and supporters deserve better than to hear of actions that are not consistent with the school's proud history and national stature.
We will do better. I will not tolerate anything less.

- See more at: https://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1781979#sthash.nU0mv7fi.dpuf

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Noles fans and coaches don't really care about losing Johnson, but losing Cook is another matter. Jimbo will do whatever he can to keep Cook on the team, video or no video.

Remember when Booby kicked off Coles but kept Warrick for the Dilliards scandal? Same thing here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's going to be plenty of pressure put on FSU to do the right thing. This whole football and beating up women thing has gotten way out of control.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They've already got a loophole not to dismiss him because it's only a misdemeanor charge, not a felony. They'll sit him for Texas St. and USF, but he'll be on the road trip to Boston College and playing. Book it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Typical Clown reactions to Cook's behavior......It's not like he jumped up on a table and shouts, "***k in right the ****y, stole some crab legs, or ruffies some coeds. It'll be business as usual. Sas is right they'll smack him on the but, good job, now take off til BC.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They're saying all the right things, but they didn't exactly have a choice. Some kind of public statement had to be made. Like Sas and TN say, I'll be surprised if Cook isn't playing by their BC game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n245937 said:
They're saying all the right things, but they didn't exactly have a choice. Some kind of public statement had to be made. Like Sas and TN say, I'll be surprised if Cook isn't playing by their BC game.

I'm not so sure at this point. Sounds like the Prez is taking some heat and is getting pissed. He may decide to force Jimbo and the ADs hand on this one. Time will tell.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n245949 said:
I'm not so sure at this point. Sounds like the Prez is taking some heat and is getting pissed. He may decide to force Jimbo and the ADs hand on this one. Time will tell.
Could be, but also could be just for show. There is just so much history and lack of nothing being done its hard to tell. Until something changes one can only presume its business as usual.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All show no substance. Cook will be there and they'll reinstate that phenom woman-beating QB. However, it will be fun to watch Rapeis fall flat on his face and turn into Warren Sapp 2.0, without the on-field success Sapp did have.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Johnson hit a woman, a video of the incident surfaced, and based on the calamity, they removed him from the team. Cook hit a woman (the night before Johnson did so he probably inspired his teammate to act this way), a video will/should emerge, and Cook will/should be removed from the team. If the situation doesn't play out like this, FSU deserves all the abuse they receive from the media and everyone else. Wheels coming off in Tallahassee.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo met with the victim to offer condolences, but when she refused to drop charges, he punched her in the face.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One more thing to consider when they do not kick him off the team. Cooks victim was not a fellow student while Johnsons was a fellow student. If there is no video corroboration then that will be their way out of this jam.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
… always a white victim = is this approaching a "hate crime wave"?

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n245971 said:
:lmao:
Dalvin doesn't plan on getting that degree?!
Does any FSU player with any talent at all ever get a degree? I think not!

with one exception of course. That Safety, Myron Rolle, back about 5-10 years ago who was actually a Rhodes Scholar and chose to go to Oxford for his post graduate degree and then came back to play in the NFL.
Princeton (NJ) Hun
Florida State
2010 / Round: 6 / Pick: 207

Career information
High school:
College: NFL draft :

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't expect anything to come of this. This is a program that, according to the state attorney (an FSU alum), tries to obstruct justice by controlling police investigations. It is easy to boot a 3rd string QB. Cook is a star. He'll get a couple of games and be right back on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.