National Signing Day 2017

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors of our demise were bigly exaggerated? This was a huge day, just tremendous. We got all the best recruits, people, believe me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well this turned out to be a very good day. I'm excited for Robinson, Slaton, the DBs, and hope we get the JUCO DT. Honestly, other than missing on the TE and adding another OL & QB, I'm not sure we could have expected any better finish (especially after the way this cycle has gone for us).

I'd love to hear the story w/ Robinson.

Thanks to everyone who posted today. I'm in a training class in Emmittsburg, MD and only able to pop on here now and then.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
No. But they had massive grade issues. And we still contemplated bringing them in.

The Gator Nation with a non-competitive football team is a pretty dang unhappy place. For better or worse, that spills over into a lot of areas.

A lot of guys with bad grades aren't dumb, they just never had much of a reason to work in class, and/or never got off to a good start in learning how to learn. As a UF football player, they'll have as much of a positive academic support team as they'd find anywhere. If they're motivated, they can catch up and be legit college kids in the classroom.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No. But they had massive grade issues. And we still contemplated bringing them in.
Yeah... the feeling I got was that neither one of them were Rhode Scholar Candidates but one of them would have actually qualified... but the other wasn't... and of course they were a package deal...

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I'm a happy Gator fan. I would have loved to have had a couple of 5 stars - Leatherwood (I do believe this was a hair's width from happening) and LaBryan Ray would have been great gets at positions of need, but I am very pleasantly surprised that we finished as well as we did. I'm glad Robinson's indiscretion didn't keep him from the good guys. Next year get a few elite players and don't wait so late to get the work done. I'm happy for the coaches and I hope we hire a couple of great ones to complete the staff.

:chomp:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
On one of the paid sites someone is claiming Mac offered up his resignation to Stricklin if the university wouldn't accept Robinson. I find that highly unbelievable.

What are they trying to turn Robinson in to the recruit most hated by the fan base in college football history?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have to be the biggest surprise today getting a Top 10 class. Nobody in the media was expecting that and a few articles had us being one of the big disappointments today.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This definitely is the best finish I can remember in my 71 years as a gator fan. We have to give credit where credit is due. The coaching staff worked as hard the last 30 days to sign this group as Donald Trump worked becoming president. I personally think both are winners. We have hope again!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
after how bad things were looking a week or two ago this class came together very well. Would have liked 1 more DT and 1 more OL, but its enough at the moment to not be a disaster. Now we need to coach up the QB's and make some home run hires so that next year we aren't scrambling to put together a class this late in the game. Still need to hit it big with the top guys next year. Mac still has a lot of work to do.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac said we would finish with a full class. I believe we have two spots. One for Byrd and one for Young maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.