This thread looks familiar. Deja vu.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BMF said:
First off, we're not luring another coach at a big time BCS program (Stoops, Sumlin, Strong, Malzahn, etc). However, if Foley hires another assistant I think he should be lynched!

There are a lot of candidates out there, up-and-comers. The obvious candidate is McNeil. But how many other schools will come after him?

There are a few out there under the radar and several on the radar.

One of the under the radar guys I like is Old Dominion head coach Bobby Wilder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Wilder

http://www.odusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208409198

The guy started the program from scratch and hasn't had a losing season. He's only 50 years old and has a great track record (and is also an offensive guy).
Yea his wide open offense would go nuts with our athletes

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's definitely not going to be a guy from a major program. I think we learned that from Texas. Arkansas got extremely lucky to lure beleima away from Wisconsin. I'm definitely hoping it's not another defensive guy. Top priority should be an offensive minded guy that can bring some excitement back.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some may not like it, but Mullen will absolutely get a serious look. Not sure that Franklin wouldn't get some consideration either. I've also thrown out Mendenhall as a possibility.

And while I'm not in any way implying Harbaugh would come here, I'm not sold he'd leave SF, and what he has, for a rebuild project in Michigan that has been dismantled by the two previous staffs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n59597 said:
Some may not like it, but Mullen will absolutely get a serious look.
Count me as one that wouldn't like it. At all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen was still somewhat on the hotseat 2 weeks ago. One win vs Lsu' s worst team in the 5-6 years doesn't change anything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has a losing SEC record. Why the hell do people think he'd be hired?

Hell, Derek Dooley is available for less and immediately if we want to replace Chimp with another loser.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Butch Davis. The guy can flat-out coach. He assembled one of the best teams of all time at Miami. He won at North Carolina, and look at them since his departure. Bottom line, he can recruit, he can coach, has loads of experience.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n59603 said:
Mullen was still somewhat on the hotseat 2 weeks ago. One win vs Lsu' s worst team in the 5-6 years doesn't change anything.

You can't take too much away from that. Look at what he's playing with. Aside from a guy who was a massive cheater, who was the last guy that was successful in Starkville? I remember Strong saying that he wasn't interested in a job that had little chance of success when he was asked about passing or being passed on for HC positions. The fact that he's competitive is impressive. He wouldn't be my top choice either. But he's had a better record, with less talent, in a tougher division than WM. An upgrade for sure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gruden. I heard he is already shopping for a house in Gainesville.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n59614 said:
Butch Davis. The guy can flat-out coach. He assembled one of the best teams of all time at Miami. He won at North Carolina, and look at them since his departure. Bottom line, he can recruit, he can coach, has loads of experience.

this is what need. A bunch of recruiting violations lol stop it

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r said:
Better not let Meechigan beat us to the perfect candidate
Harbaugh isn't leaving the NFL and probably not leaving SF

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n59541 said:
Not sure who the next coach could be but I wouldn't put it past our players that they may tank the rest of the year if we lose a few more games and we look horrible as usual along the way. Muschamp just isn't the guy and I doubt we win 5 games this year. The Tenn game will be a HUGE tell tale sign of things to come.

I called it before the season with the article I wrote and ox posted. You could see it shaping up after what happened last year. A leopard can't change his spots and dawgchump has already throttled Roper's uptempo offense. Does the team quit on him already? Can he keep the locker room? That game will decide which direction our season goes.

http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-...hich-direction-the-gators-will-go-this-season

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Leach would tell Jeff Driskel to stop listening to his fat little girlfriend telling him how good he is. Mike Leach is a winner who is close to Steve Spurrier in his brutal honesty. Can't help but have tons of respect for the guy.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
kepler;n59614 said:

this is what need. A bunch of recruiting violations lol stop it
Yeah, no shiit

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSteve;n59633 said:
Mike Leach would tell Jeff Driskel to stop listening to his fat little girlfriend telling him how good he is. Mike Leach is a winner who is close to Steve Spurrier in his brutal honesty. Can't help but have tons of respect for the guy.

Fat? Really?

th

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator