Note on Zaire

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome. Another 3 star CB.
He's a Safety (undersized at the moment), but yes, another 3* DB. Maybe he'll get a 4th star at some point, not that it really matters. What matters is can he play and can he be developed into an All-SEC Safety?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to imagine having the luck we have had at QB.
Dumb luck?
635871221908597727-AP-Florida-Media-Day-Footbal.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he could get rid of him. Obviously you have no experience with hiring/firing employees. You NEVER release a key employee without having investigated several candidates and have confidence that you have a replacement. It's one of the most basic rules of being a CEO. It would be a huge mistake to simply fire someone and then be left with your pants down looking for a replacement. Apparently they were pretty close to having a replacement last year. Now granted, we may agree that a stiff wind would be a better option than Nuss but in reality you need to make a smart hire.
I've hired thousands and fired hundreds. You don't keep someone on the payroll that is literally one of the worst in the industry. If for nothing else, to let everyone else know that that type of performance WILL NOT be tolerated under any circumstance.
If Mac's replacement fell through, he could promote internally and call the damn plays himself. He's sealed his fate by retaining Nuss IMO.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's a Safety (undersized at the moment), but yes, another 3* DB. Maybe he'll get a 4th star at some point, not that it really matters. What matters is can he play and can he be developed into an All-SEC Safety?

I just don't think there's a reason for us to take a chance on an undersized DB. We are known for putting the kids into the league at that position. Finding a Todd or a Ahmad Black is not very common. These kids should be lining up to come here. I understand a QB would not be, but a DB for sure.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Really? JFC.

Yep...get an Instagram acct and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you do you have to follow his girlfriend and her friends because they are the ones who put up the videos of him in the clubs. Some of the dudes i follow on Twitter showed me.

Gotta give it to him on this front...hes got good taste in females ;) :lol:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Im not so sure. Remember the DIDNT start as true freshmen. People forget that Mau either played little or redshirted and Mike actually played DT as a true freshman bc of lack of depth over there.

Halapeno was the one who actually started as a true freshman (and was naturally terrible then).
Halapeno was forced to start lomg before he was ready due to poor recruiting. People also seem to forget that the piss poor OL especially and offenaive recruiting in general began in 2009 under Creyer.
I was just quoting those in the know. I have to admit my complete ignorance. I get all my "intelligence" from this forum.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he could get rid of him. Obviously you have no experience with hiring/firing employees. You NEVER release a key employee without having investigated several candidates and have confidence that you have a replacement. It's one of the most basic rules of being a CEO. It would be a huge mistake to simply fire someone and then be left with your pants down looking for a replacement. Apparently they were pretty close to having a replacement last year. Now granted, we may agree that a stiff wind would be a better option than Nuss but in reality you need to make a smart hire.
If anything, mac was the ine who stepped in and said nuss stays. They're long time friends, dude. Do you really believe this shcit you're saying?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was just quoting those in the know. I have to admit my complete ignorance. I get all my "intelligence" from this forum.
Well, you were right. My memory isn't what it used to be.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If anything, mac was the ine who stepped in and said nuss stays. They're long time friends, dude. Do you really believe this shcit you're saying?
You both have a point. We whiffed on some offensive coach talent and we didn't have anyone to step up. Mac is the only one who could take over and call plays. That being said, I've advocated for that and think it'd be just fine. It will be interesting to see if Mac does more play calling this next season and let Nuss do more of just prep work

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You both have a point. We whiffed on some offensive coach talent and we didn't have anyone to step up. Mac is the only one who could take over and call plays. That being said, I've advocated for that and think it'd be just fine. It will be interesting to see if Mac does more play calling this next season and let Nuss do more of just prep work
I think it would be a good move. If it happens, i don't think it would be public. These guys gotta be pretty tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator