***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Tennessee***

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We won in spite of one hard-headed/stuborn HC.

He either cannot evaluate players or he's picking
the worse one to play on purpose.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can find many things to be critical of but for right now I'll just savor the victory over the hated Vols!

Go Gators!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
DRapp;n68694 said:

Well perhaps not the least deserving but surely in the top 10 of those. Two turnovers, lack of trying at the end of the first quarter, way too long to change QBs, missed long throw for a TD (Jeff), missed penalty on a long throw (Treon). I could go on but lack of game type tape does not allow me to perhaps indicate all the mistakes Jeff made in selecting receivers or holding the ball too long.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n68721 said:
Well perhaps not the least deserving but surely in the top 10 of those. Two turnovers, lack of trying at the end of the first quarter, way too long to change QBs, missed long throw for a TD (Jeff), missed penalty on a long throw (Treon). I could go on but lack of game type tape does not allow me to perhaps indicate all the mistakes Jeff made in selecting receivers or holding the ball too long.

:violin: Nice victory celebration!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Times like this make remember how my I love the Gators. This team has character. I'll live with WM because we won. But Harris is clearly the guy and anything other than that is unacceptable.

Go Gators. Time to start counting toes, ut.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The bottom line is that we won. We also know we have a stud RB in Matt Jones and that can really make a difference for us. Treon played very well and seems to be a better running that Driskel which will be good for the offense.

I just hope they dont get too conservative next week and try to just run run run. They are going to have to let Treon throw the ball!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n68736 said:
Times like this make remember how my I love the Gators. This team has character. I'll live with WM because we won. But Harris is clearly the guy and anything other than that is unacceptable.

Go Gators. Time to start counting toes, ut.

This. I think more than anything the team supports Harris more. Every position played harder when he came in. I'll take the win all day.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n68737 said:
The bottom line is that we won. We also know we have a stud RB in Matt Jones and that can really make a difference for us. Treon played very well and seems to be a better running that Driskel which will be good for the offense.

I just hope they dont get too conservative next week and try to just run run run. They are going to have to let Treon throw the ball!

Agreed. I understood the arguments about how close Uk was. But we just saw that offense shred out biggest rival a week ago. They got nothing on us, despite several drives starting on our side. That's a positive. Throw in Harris and Jones running tough and I'll take a close win over an improving rival.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully this is a learning experience for WM and he saw the way the team rallied around TH.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n68751 said:
This. I think more than anything the team supports Harris more. Every position played harder when he came in. I'll take the win all day.

Agree...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n68806 said:
4 quarters of defense and 1 quarter of offense is enough to beat that "ascending" Vols program

Are you bragging about this hideous win? Had UT been the least bit competent we would have lost be 3 td's... We were totally unprepared today and looked sloppy on both sides until the D tightened up... Finally our idiot coach put in a qb that looks like he can play at the college level, and we scored twice for the comeback... I take it you are comfortable with this win? I still see an inept HBC that cannot evaluate the talent on his team..

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n68832 said:
Are you bragging about this hideous win? Had UT been the least bit competent we would have lost be 3 td's... We were totally unprepared today and looked sloppy on both sides until the D tightened up... Finally our idiot coach put in a qb that looks like he can play at the college level, and we scored twice for the comeback... I take it you are comfortable with this win? I still see an inept HBC that cannot evaluate the talent on his team..

I think that this post is more a comment on "the acending Vole program" rather than our total game play. I got tired of hearing how great their coach is, how he goes out on the field with every injured player, and how physically fit their team is. Not to mention their youth and how many freshmen are playing. Homer announcers to a certain extent, and of course my least favorite announcer who really knows almost nothing about sports.

I agree with your comments on Champ, but I did like his comment on enjoying the suffering of Vole fans as they leave, pretty funny.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GMDGATOR;n68832 said:

Yep. I'm happy. The defense played like I thought they would this season and Harris got a shot to show he should be playing. The East is wide open for the taking.
PARTY!!!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n68765 said:
Hopefully this is a learning experience for WM and he saw the way the team rallied around TH.
I hope so, but if he did not see it last year.....I can't figure WM out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator